Last modified: February 13, 2023
Currentware Inc. and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers, our customers, employees, or any end user of the Applications (“you“).
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the CurrentWare Suite, BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, AccessPatrol, or enPowerManager (our “Applications“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Applications.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages directly between you and the Company other than information received through the Company Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download or are provided with by the Company, or through the Program, which provide dedicated browser and non-browser-based interaction between you and the Program.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect through the Company Website at www.currentware.com which is subject to an alternative policy which can be found at https://www.currentware.com/privacy-policy/
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, through our website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information from and about you when you communicate directly with us, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information“).
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Application feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Application, and usage details.
When you use the Applications, we may, collect and store Personal Information, Non-Personal Information and Technical Information regarding use of the Applications and about equipment on which the Applications are installed or through which it otherwise is accessed and used, through:
(a) the provision of maintenance and support services; and
(b) security measures included in the Applications.
You agree that we may use such information for any purpose related to any use of the Applications by you or on your equipment, including but not limited to:
(a) improving the performance of the Applications or developing Updates; and
(b) verifying your compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforcing the Company’s rights, including all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Applications.
Any information collected through your use of the Applications are subject to the Software End User License Agreement, which has been agreed to and entered into between the Company and You, including the confidentiality provisions contained therein.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We only collect personal information from you from the Applications if you provide it directly to us or in writing, expressly consent to the collection of your information.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Applications may include:
- Information that you provide by expressly consenting to the transfer of your information. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing or subscribing to the Applications, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Application.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us through any billing or contractual platform and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before accessing the Applications.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR EU RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure.
The Company may process Personal Data of you or your employees in connection with our provision of services through the Applications, and we are the processor of any such Personal Data. We may also be the controller of Personal Data processed in connection with the Applications or correspondence between you and the Company.
If there are any conflicts between this section and any other provision of this Privacy Statement, the policy or portion that is more protective of Personal Data shall control to the extent of such conflict. If you have any questions about this section or whether any of the following applies to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information which has been provided to us with your consent:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To improve our Application, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To prevent any further risk to your personal information
- To screen for potential fraudulent activity
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Currentware Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Currentware Inc. about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Applications improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Currentware Inc. our customers, or others.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Application improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. While we do not collect Personal Information directly through the Applications, We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. With regards to information shared through direct communications with the Company, You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our the Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of your business including internal message boards or corporate communications.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and you may interact with the Company using methods external to the Applications. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Company. Any transmission of personal information to us, or any access to your personal information which is granted to us is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Application or by correspondence between you and the Company.
USE OF THE APPLICATIONS – REGULATORY MATTERS
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT DETERMINING WHETHER USE OF THE APPLICATIONS CONTRADICT ANY REGULATORY, LEGAL OPERATIONAL IMPACTS, OR ANY LIMITATIONS & REQUIREMENTS WHATSOEVER THAT GOVERN THE USE OF THE APPLICATIONS IN THE REGION, JURISDICTION OR INDUSTRY IN WHICH THE YOU OPERATES ARE SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. CURRENTWARE INC. IS NOT LIABLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, FOR ANY REGULATORY PENALTY, LEGAL ACTION, GOVERNMENTAL, OR INDUSTRY SPECIFIC ORDER OF ANY KIND. ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN ANY PERSON AND THE LICENSEE TO THEIR USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LICENSEE WITHOUT LIMITATION.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
92 Wanita Road
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.