CurrentWare’s employee monitoring software solutions provide the insights you need to ensure that the devices in your network are used safely and productively.
Easily monitor your hybrid and remote workforce with a free trial of our user activity monitoring tools.
& many more
Monitor and control employee internet use
- Monitor employee internet use for excessive unproductive web browsing
- Enforce internet use policies with alerts of unwanted activity on employee computers
- Automatically categorize browsing as productive, unproductive, or neutral
Restrict and monitor student computer use
- Meet CIPA compliance requirements to qualify for E-Rate funding
- Monitor online activity and application usage on school-provided computers
- Protect school-issued devices when students take them home
Insider Threat Detection
- Prevent data breaches with alerts of high-risk activities; combine BrowseReporter with AccessPatrol USB monitoring software to protect company data
- Monitor user activity for high-risk software and internet usage
- Audit employee computer activity for suspicious activity and anomalous behaviors
What You Can Track With CurrentWare’s
Computer Monitoring Software
The CurrentWare Suite has 15+ computer activity reports to choose from ready to use. You can monitor employee activity across multiple devices, providing insights into users spend their time. Find out if CurrentWare is the right employee monitoring solution with a 14-day free trial.
How Will You Use Our Employee Monitoring Software?
Starting at $3.99 USD user/month
Track Internet Use
- Track the websites that your employees visit and the time they spend on each site, even when they delete their web browsing history
- Collect evidence of unsafe and unproductive computer activity to ensure that employees are following computer usage policies
- See how long each website was actively used for to better understand how much time is being spent on distracting websites
Monitor Employee Productivity
BrowseReporter’s employee productivity monitoring features make it the best computer monitoring software for improving employee performance.
- Get reports of how much time was spent on websites that are productive, unproductive, or neutral
- Use the employee productivity dashboard to study employee behavior; find most productive employee and see how they spend their time
- Compare productivity levels by location to find out if employees are changing their work habits when they work from home
- Customize the productivity tracking classifications to best match what is considered productive for your employees
Track Windows Application Usage
- Record what computer programs are being used on each device to discover software piracy and shadow IT security risks
- Collect software usage data to see which programs should be decommissioned and which ones require more licenses
- Improve employee productivity by ensuring that they aren’t spending their time on unproductive applications
Audit Login & Logout Times*
- Verify that employees are starting and stopping their work days at expected times
- Track logon duration to ensure that employees are not logging in after hours or working unauthorized overtime
- Track the utilization rate of laptops and desktops with reports of what devices your employees are logging in to each day
Log USB Device Usage
- Monitor file operations history on USB devices, cell phones, and cameras for indicators of insider threats such as high-risk behavior and data mismanagement
- Collect evidence of data theft, attempts to use unauthorized USB devices, and general peripheral device usage
- Trace an end-user’s peripheral device usage across all of your organization’s endpoints
Get User Activity Alerts
- Keep sensitive data safe from insider threats with alerts of high-risk file transfers to portable storage devices or attempts to use unauthorized peripherals
- Enforce internet use policies with alerts of employees that visit high-risk websites including porn, torrents, and unauthorized file sharing websites
- Set a threshold to only trigger email alerts when a given website URL or category has been visited a specific number of times
Capture Computer Screen Activity
See exactly what your employees are doing on company computers. BrowseReporter is an employee screen monitoring software that can capture screenshots when specific websites or applications are used.
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s screen
- BrowseReporter can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer that was captured
Shady Maple Transforms Their Productivity With Employee Computer Monitoring Software
“Being able to identify negative browsing trends and put a stop to them within a couple of hours has meant that our employees are focused on the job almost all of the time. We have become an extremely efficient workforce."
Discover Our Products
Starting at $3.99 USD user/month
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
Easily monitor web browsing and application usage with intuitive user activity reports and dashboards.
✓ Make informed decisions with user activity monitoring
✓ Detailed evidence of web activity, the perfect tool for enforcing internet use policies
✓ Automatically capture screenshots of employee desktops
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
Enforce internet use policies, block distracting websites, and improve internet security with granular internet access control policies.
✓ Block websites based on URLs and content categories
✓ Prevent users from running certain programs
✓ Control internet access with allow and block lists
AccessPatrol is a data loss prevention and USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
Block USB devices and other peripherals to mitigate the threat of USB malware and data leakage.
✓ Block USB devices, network storage, & other peripherals
✓ Get alerts of USB file transfers and device use
✓ Block file transfers based on name and filetype
PC Power Manager
enPowerManager is an effective solution for remotely managing PC power policies across an enterprise to conserve energy and reduce costs.
With a simple click of the mouse computers can be remotely shutdown or booted automatically at different times during the day.
✓ Remotely schedule and manage computer power states
✓ Configure advanced power policies for all users
✓ Track logon, startup, and shutdown activities
Get All 4 Modules in the CurrentWare Suite
Employee Monitoring, Web Filtering, PC Power Management, & USB Control Software
Improve employee productivity, data security, and business intelligence with advanced awareness and control over how technology is used in your organization.
Each module operates from the same central console, allowing you to easily manage the entire CurrentWare Suite from the convenience of a web browser.
✓ Get an advantageous price starting at $8.99 USD when you purchase all four modules as a bundle
✓ Seamlessly add new modules without redeploying the clients
✓ Includes BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, AccessPatrol, and enPowerManager
Flexible Deployment Options
On-Premises | Remote Workers | Self-Managed Cloud
Improve Productivity & Security in 3 Simple Steps
Download the Free Trial
Get started today with a free fully-functional 14-day trial of the CurrentWare Suite. No credit card required to sign up!
Deploy the Software
Install the Console & Server on a computer, server, or a cloud platform of your choice. Then deploy the Clients to your users’ computers.
Manage your Users
Organize your users/computers with AD sync or configure custom policy groups. Apply policies and run on their computer activities.
Workplace Privacy & Employee Monitoring Software
Get informed consent before using employee monitoring software
Though not all jurisdictions require employee consent, transparency is a recommended best practice for monitoring employees.
Even the best employee monitoring software can cause concerns if employees are not adequately informed of their employer’s intentions. Employees should know what data is collected, who will have access to it, how it will be used, and how it will be protected.
Do not use employee monitoring software on personal devices
Employees have a reasonable expectation of privacy on their personal devices, even if they use them for work purposes as part of a BYOD program.
Limit monitoring to work-provided devices and internal network traffic rather than directly monitoring personal devices.
Avoid using invasive employee monitoring software
When monitoring employee computer activity it is a best practice to avoid tracking far more than necessary to meet your company’s goals.
For example, to enforce internet use policies you can monitor web browsing. Capturing keystrokes is far too invasive. The best employee monitoring software will provide options for disabling tracking as needed.
Keep employee data safe from misuse
Employee computer activity data may be sensitive. Data such as internet search history and websites visited could reveal personal identifiable information.
When monitoring computer usage you must ensure that security measures are in place to prevent the data from being misused.
Download: Best practices for monitoring employees
There are potential privacy concerns that your employees may have when you monitor their computer activity. By following these best practices you can monitor employee computer use while respecting workplace privacy laws.
BrowseReporter Employee and Computer Monitoring Features
Try BrowseReporter for Free
Fully functional. Easy to use. Install in minutes.
Employee Computer Monitoring Software FAQ
How Can I Monitor Employee Computer Activity?
Employee computer monitoring software gives employers the ability to monitor what their employees are doing on work computers.
The user behavior analytics capabilities of these tools provide detailed insights into employee internet browsing, application use, and other computer activities.
These activity tracking features make monitoring software valuable tools for collecting the real-time data needed to track employee productivity metrics.
To get started with computer monitoring in the workplace you can download a free trial of CurrentWare’s employee monitoring software or schedule a live product demonstration.
What Support Options Does CurrentWare Offer?
CurrentWare provides direct customer support by phone, live chat, and email. We also maintain a self-serve knowledge base with frequently asked questions, instructions, and tutorial videos.
This level of support is available for during your free trial evaluation and while your CurrentWare subscription is active.
How Much Does CurrentWare Cost?
CurrentWare’s employee and computer monitoring software solutions can be purchased individually for the greatest flexibility or as a bundle for the best value.
When purchasing individually, BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, and AccessPatrol start as low as $3.99 USD per license per month (paid annually).
Volume license discounts are available starting for as low as 100 users, with discounts increasing depending on the number of licenses.
There are additional discounts available for educational organizations, non-profits, managed services providers, and for businesses that pre-purchase multiple year plans.
Looking for a quote? Contact our sales team here.
Are There Any Limits to the Free Trial?
The 14 day free trial for all of CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions are fully functional. You can deploy it on up to 10 computers. If you need more time or more computers to properly evaluate CurrentWare in your organization, reach out to our sales team.
Is There a Managed Cloud Version of CurrentWare?
Coming soon. We’ve had many requests from our existing and prospective customers to develop a cloud-based version of CurrentWare’s employee and computer monitoring software.
We have a projected release of CurrentWare Cloud in the year 2022.
In the meantime you can use our private cloud option to host CurrentWare’s computer activity monitoring tools on your own self-managed cloud server.
Does CurrentWare Work With Remote Employees?
Yes. The computer monitoring software agent that is installed on the employee’s computer has the ability to restrict and monitor the device even if it does not have a connection with the CurrentWare Server. This means that remote employees will continue to be monitored and restricted even when they disconnect from the network.
The client agent stores and enforces the policies locally on the device. The monitoring systems’ last known policies will continue to be enforced even if the computer loses internet connection or connects to a different network.
Note: If you wish to update policies on client agents outside of the network they will need to be able to communicate with the CurrentWare Server. Once a connection is reestablished you will receive your employee’s computer usage data and any CurrentWare policy updates will take effect.
Can CurrentWare Monitor & Manage Remote Workers Without a Cloud Deployment?
Yes. CurrentWare’s remote employee and computer monitoring software can be used to monitor off-site computers.
CurrentWare provides a variety of deployment and management options that make it the best employee monitoring tool to monitor employees who work from home, at off-site locations, or while travelling.
What Does Computer Monitoring Software Do?
Computer monitoring software is used to see what users are doing on their computers.
This data provides valuable information for improving the productivity, performance, and security of monitored devices.
By tracking the online behavior of employees you can ensure that their internet access is being used appropriately.
Computer monitoring software records a variety of computer activities, including:
- Internet history (Websites visited, idle/active time, etc)
- Applications used
- Bandwidth usage
- File operations (files that are copied/created/deleted)
- Startup/shutdown events
- Logon/logoff events
These tools can also send email notifications to
alert a manager when undesirable or suspicious activities happen on monitored computers.
These activity reports serve as valuable evidence of unproductive or high-risk computer activity.
Does CurrentWare Have Access to My Employee's Data?
No. CurrentWare’s employee and computer monitoring software does not send your employee’s computer activity data to CurrentWare.
When you monitor employees with CurrentWare’s monitoring tool, all of the monitoring data collected by CurrentWare’s PC monitoring software is stored on a database that is installed in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider.
For more information please refer to our End User License Agreement (EULA).
Does CurrentWare Support Citrix?
Yes, our employee monitoring solution is compatible with Citrix. You can install the CurrentWare Clients on any Citrix Workspace or virtual machine running Windows.
CurrentWare has been tested to be compatible with the following virtual desktop solutions: VMware, Parallels, VirtualBox, Oracle VM, Virtual-PC, and Hyper-V.
For more information please refer to our system requirements.
Does the Productivity by Location Feature Use GPS Tracking?
No, the productivity by location feature does not use GPS tracking. Instead, it uses the IP address of the network to determine if the employee is working in the office or offsite.
Is This Cloud Based Software?
CurrentWare’s employee monitoring tools can be deployed on-premises or on a virtual machine on a cloud platform of your choice.
Learn More: How to Deploy CurrentWare to the Cloud
Will CurrentWare Track Web Browsing When Users Uses Private Browsing Modes or Delete Their Browsing History?
Yes. CurrentWare’s software client collects user activity data indepedent of the browser’s browsing history.
Internet browsing data will remain intact for use in reports and dashboards even if the user deletes their web browsing history in their browser or uses a private browsing function such as Incognito Mode On Google Chrome, Private Browsing On Mozilla Firefox, and InPrivate Browsing Window On Microsoft Edge.
Try CurrentWare’s Employee Computer Monitoring Software for Free
Easy to use web filtering, endpoint management, and computer monitoring software.