& many more
and many more
Monitor Employee Activity in Real-Time to Improve Productivity & Security
Get the insights you need to manage projects and guide your remote teams to success
Monitor Employee Productivity
CurrentWare’s detailed employee productivity reports provide managers with the productivity metrics they need to better understand how employees spend their time at work.
- Track the use of apps and websites to find out who is wasting work time on social media, computer games, and other distractions
- Track employee employee engagement across your entire workforce, a specific team, and individual employees
- Review the websites that were open during inactive periods to verify that idle time was spent on work-related tasks
- Get insights into productivity trends based on time spent in-office vs working remotely
Keep a Pulse on
Real-Time Team Activity
Today’s Insights displays the real-time productivity and availability status of individuals and teams via an at-a-glance dashboard.
Easily view the most recent productivity metrics to understand who is actively working and what application/website they last used.
- Get high-level views of the activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Filter cards by activity, productivity, name, and average activity time
Protect Company Data From Insider Threats
CurrentWare’s user activity monitoring and data loss prevention features give you the activity logs you need to protect against a data breach to insider threats.
- Prevent data breaches with proactive alerts of high-risk activities like using unauthorized portable storage devices
- Audit employee computer activity for suspicious activity and anomalous behaviors
- Track and restrict file movements across portable storage devices, cloud storage services, and network share drives
of Employees’ Screens
Our employee monitoring software lets you capture screenshots of your employees’ screens to see exactly what they are doing on their computers.
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots
- Automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage needs
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer
Save Money With Genuine Software Usage Data
Underutilized software costs businesses a staggering $34 billion per year! With genuine insights into employee application usage you can make informed software asset management decisions.
- Find the utilization rate of specific pieces of software
- Discover what SaaS tools have fallen out of use
- Ensure you have enough licenses to meet genuine demand
Monitor File Transfers for Suspicious and High-risk Behaviour
Improve data security with increased visibility into high-risk data transfers and USB activity.
- Receive real time email alerts when employees violate your endpoint security policies
- USB file tracing reports show files that have been copied, created, deleted, or renamed on removable media devices, cloud storage services, and network share drives
- Review file transfer activity logs to trace data breaches back to their source
Track Login & Logout Times
Combine idle time tracking with logon history reports to get a full picture of your employee’s activity levels.
- Audit logon and logoff times to see how long your employee’s are working at their computers
- Get a record of each time your employees startup, restart, and shutdown their computers
- Verify that employees working from home are active during work hours and see when they are taking breaks
Get Insights Based on Employee Location
BrowseReporter’s Location Insights dashboard helps leaders make data-driven decisions about remote, in-office, and hybrid work.
Promote flexibility without sacrificing accountability with insights into how location flexibility affects employee engagement and productivity.
- Compare productivity scores between groups of in-office, remote, and hybrid employees to gauge the impact that location has on employee engagement
- See how much of your workforce is working in-office, remotely, or hybrid in a given timeframe
- Review productivity trends to decide if frequently abused distractions need to be limited with BrowseControl’s URL filter
The Benefits of the Best Employee Monitoring Software
Why is computer monitoring software so popular? This video shows the key reasons why employers use computer monitoring software to track activity on employee computers.
Enforce Computer Use Policies
An employee computer use policy helps ensure that your team members are aware of their responsibilities, but it’s not enough.
To make your policies truly effective you need visibility into which employees are visiting high-risk, inappropriate, or unproductive websites.
Find Bandwidth Hogs On Your Network
Are bandwidth upgrades necessary, or is an employee’s misuse of the internet what’s causing bottlenecks?
With CurrentWare's bandwidth monitoring features you can identify bandwidth hogs in your network, then block them to reduce unnecessary strain on your network’s bandwidth.
Manage Employee Productivity
While occasional web surfing might be okay so long as employees are getting their work done, workplace internet abuse can be a serious detriment to productivity.
The productivity insights provided by employee computer monitoring software allows you to identify inefficiencies so you can optimize work processes.
Protect Your Business From Liability Risks
Detect Software Piracy
Ensure only legitimately licensed software is being used on company computers.
Stop Workplace Harassment
Collect evidence of employees accessing pornographic, hateful, or crude websites at work.
Improve Visibility of Remote Workers
Identify poor performers, improve visibility into employee productivity, and provide high-performers an opportunity to demonstrate their efforts.
Using BrowseReporter’s productivity by location reports you can analyze employee productivity trends to see where they thrive and verify attendance.
Save Money on Unused Software
36% of desktop software & 29% of SaaS spend is underutilized or wasted!
Track SaaS and desktop software usage to uncover insights into what applications can be decommissioned, consolidated, or reduced
Shady Maple Transforms Their Productivity With Internet Filtering & Employee Computer Monitoring Software
“Being able to identify negative browsing trends and put a stop to them within a couple of hours has meant that our employees are focused on the job almost all of the time. We have become an extremely efficient workforce."
Real-Time Employee Computer
Activity Dashboards & Reports
BrowseReporter’s real-time user activity dashboards and reports give you the insights you need to identify productivity leaks, detect excessive bandwidth usage, reduce software costs, and improve business intelligence.
User Activity Dashboards
- Use the collected data to review aggregated results of your entire workforce or drill down to individual users
- Select the date range and activities you want to populate the dashboard with
- Use the activity log to review raw data; add/remove columns, sort data, and export to .XLSX or .PDF
Track Productive vs Unproductive Time
- View time spent on productive vs unproductive web browsing & app use
- Customize to what is considered productive in your organization
- Compare trends in aggregated & individual productivity over time
- Use IP-based location tracking to compare productivity levels between time spent in-office vs time spent working remotely
Idle Time Tracking
- Find out when remote employees are idling for too long or spending too much of their working hours on non-work related activities
- Customize idle time based on the last keyboard/mouse inputs
- Discover which departments or employees are the most active
- Detect bandwidth-hogging websites on your network
- Review bandwidth usage trends to inform network capacity planning
- See which individual users or groups have the greatest bandwidth usage
Track Website & Application Usage
- Detect the use of unauthorized software applications
- Track which apps & sites employees use solo, as a team, or as a company
- Determine software adoption rates with usage data for apps and SaaS sites
Take Screenshots Of Your Employees’ Desktops
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s desktops to see exactly what they're doing on their computers.
- The employee screenshot monitoring software feature can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer that was captured
Keep a Pulse on Team Activity in Real-Time
- Get high-level views of the recent activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Track your users’ most recent productivity, activity, availability status
Flexible Deployment Options
With CurrentWare’s user activity monitoring solutions you’re in complete control of how your data is stored, secured, and retained. Your employees' data cannot be accessed by CurrentWare.
Have Complete Control of Your Data
Install the management software on a standard computer, then deploy the client software to your users' computers
Monitor & Manage on Any Network
Connect your remote employees’ computers to the management software with simple port forwarding rules
Self-Managed Cloud & VDI
Citrix, Azure, AWS, GCP, and More!
Enjoy the scalability and availability of the cloud alongside the security, control, and flexibility of our on-premises solution
Get Advanced Activity Insights
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
- Make informed decisions
- Enforce company policies
- Improve productivity
Block Harmful Websites
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
- Block URLs & categories
- Block unwanted apps
- Website allow & block lists
Stop Data Theft to USB Devices
AccessPatrol is USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
- Block USB devices
- USB file activity alerts
- Block file transfers
We’re Here to Help
The CurrentWare team prides itself on its high-quality customer support. We will support you every step of the way—whether you’re just starting your free trial or actively using CurrentWare in your network.
At CurrentWare, customer success is our priority at every stage of your journey. We take pride in providing high-quality and reliable pre and post-sale support to make your experience exceptional.
We offer the same level of high-quality support to all of our customers—no extra fees or packages necessary!
Customer Support Lead
CurrentWare provides the documentation, training, and other resources you need to take full advantage of the capabilities of our products.
The reporting feature offers accurate insights on internet activities in order to ensure compliance & organization policies are met. The offsite management feature makes it easy to monitor those working from home.
Carroline Achieng O., Sales Consultant
Absa Life Assurance, 10,001+ Employees
BrowseReporter is simple to use and provides our company with the information we were looking for. Having BrowseReporter installed has prevented any internet abuse. This was exactly what we wanted!
Denise P., IT Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 Employees
In my nearly 40 years in the IT business I’ve worked with a lot of support teams. I really appreciate CurrentWare going the extra mile to help me get the most out of the product. They’ve definitely outweighed any of the other competitors that I’ve looked at.
Jerry Slocum, Managed Services Provider
Haggerty Auto Group, 150-200 Employees
BrowseReporter is an extremely useful piece of software for monitoring our employees' devices while they are at work. It enables us to view data in real time, conduct detailed analyses of each employee's activities, and improve productivity where necessary.
Sebastian P., Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer
Retail Industry, 10,001+ Employees
Employee Monitoring Software FAQs
What is Computer Monitoring Software?
Computer monitoring programs are used by employers and IT professionals to track a variety of computer activities including USB device usage, web browsing, application usage, login/logout times, and idle time.
Employers use employee monitoring tools to monitor employee activity, productivity, adherence, and conduct at the workplace.
With monitoring software on employee computers managers can generate productivity reports that help them to ensure that employees spend less time on unproductive activities and more time focused on work related tasks. They may also use these tools for automatic time tracking purposes, ensuring that employees are working their designated work hours.
IT professionals use the activity logs of network monitoring software and other monitoring systems for insider threat detection to ensure that their users are using the network and devices safely. They will also monitor computer activities to diagnose network performance issues.
What Does the Best Computer Monitoring Software Do?
Computer monitoring software is a powerful monitoring tool that is used to see what users are doing on a remote computer.
This data provides valuable information for improving the performance and security of monitored devices.
By tracking the online behavior of employees you can ensure that their internet access is being used appropriately.
The best computer monitoring software records a variety of computer activities, including:
- Internet history (Websites visited, idle/active time, etc)
- Applications used
- Bandwidth usage
- File operations (files that are copied/created/deleted)
- Startup/shutdown events
- Logon/logoff events
These tools can also send email notifications to
alert a manager when undesirable or suspicious activities happen on monitored computers.
These activity reports serve as valuable evidence of unproductive or high-risk computer activity.
What Support Options Does CurrentWare Offer?
CurrentWare provides direct customer support by phone, live chat, and email. We also maintain a self-serve knowledge base with frequently asked questions, instructions, and tutorial videos.
This level of support is available for during your free trial evaluation and while your CurrentWare subscription is active.
How Much Does CurrentWare's Computer Monitoring Software Cost?
CurrentWare’s employee and computer monitoring software solutions can be purchased individually for the greatest flexibility or as a bundle for the best value.
When purchasing individually, BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, and AccessPatrol start at $3.99 USD per license per month (paid annually), making it the right employee monitoring solution for small business owners and large enterprises alike.
Volume license discounts are available starting for as low as 100 users, with discounts increasing depending on the number of licenses.
There are additional discounts available for educational organizations, non-profits, managed services providers, and for businesses that pre-purchase multiple year plans.
Looking for a quote? Contact our sales team here.
Are There Any Limits to the Free Trial?
The 14 day free trial for all of CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions are fully functional. You can deploy it on up to 10 computers. If you need more time or more computers to properly evaluate CurrentWare in your organization, reach out to our sales team.
Does CurrentWare's Computer Monitoring Software Work With a Remote Workforce?
Yes. The computer monitoring software agent that is installed on the monitored computer has the ability to restrict and monitor the device even if it does not have a connection with the CurrentWare Server. This means that your remote workforce will continue to be monitored and restricted even when mobile devices disconnect from the network.
The client agent stores and enforces the policies locally on the device. The monitoring systems’ last known policies will continue to be enforced even if the computer loses internet connection or connects to a different network.
Note: If you wish to update policies on client agents outside of the network they will need to be able to communicate with the CurrentWare Server. Once a connection is reestablished you will receive your employee’s computer usage data and any CurrentWare policy updates will take effect.
Does CurrentWare Have Access to My Employee Monitoring Data?
No, CurrentWare cannot access your employee’s computer monitoring data. CurrentWare’s software does not send your user’s computer usage data to CurrentWare. They are installed and managed by your organization.
With CurrentWare’s on-premises & self-managed cloud deployment options, you’re in complete control of your data.
- Sensitive employee data stays secured to your standards rather than being sent to a third party.
- Maintain data localization and residency compliance requirements by keeping employee data exactly where it needs to be.
- Retain auditable records of user activity for as long as you need
For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
Does CurrentWare Support User Activity Monitoring in Citrix?
Yes, our employee monitoring solution is compatible with Citrix. You can install the CurrentWare Clients on any Citrix Workspace or virtual machine running Windows.
CurrentWare has been tested to be compatible with the following virtual desktop solutions: VMware, Parallels, VirtualBox, Oracle VM, Virtual-PC, and Hyper-V.
For more information please refer to our system requirements.
Does the Productivity by Location Feature Use GPS Tracking?
No, CurrentWare’s employee productivity monitoring features do not use GPS tracking. Instead, it uses the IP address of the network the remote computer connects to to determine if the employee is working in the office or offsite. When configuring BrowseReporter’s remote vs in-office tracking you will tell BrowseReporter which IP addresses should be considered in-office; all other IP addresses will be considered remote.
Is This Cloud Based Computer Monitoring Software?
CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions can be deployed on-premises or on a virtual machine on a cloud platform of your choice.
Learn More: How to Deploy CurrentWare to the Cloud
Is Computer Monitoring Software Legal?
While in the majority of cases a company can monitor their employees so long as they have a legitimate business reason for doing so, it’s not always that simple. A variety of factors influence what employers can and cannot monitor including federal and state laws and collective bargaining agreements.
When using monitoring tools it is essential that you are in compliance with any federal and state laws or regulations that pertain to an employee’s privacy rights in the workplace.
Before implementing tracking software it’s essential that you consult legal counsel to go over any legal considerations for your jurisdiction.
Will CurrentWare's Computer Monitoring Software Track Web Browsing When Users Uses Private Browsing Modes or Delete Their Browsing History?
Yes. CurrentWare’s software client collects user activity data independent of the browser’s browsing history.
Browsing data will remain intact for use in reports and dashboards even if the user deletes their web browsing history in their browser or uses a private browsing function such as Incognito Mode On Google Chrome, Private Browsing On Mozilla Firefox, and InPrivate Browsing Window On Microsoft Edge.
How is the CurrentWare Suite Secured?
CurrentWare is committed to the security of its platform, its users and their data.
- All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s solutions is stored in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider; the data is not sent to CurrentWare.
- The web console cannot be accessed without a username and password. For an added layer of authentication security you can enable two-factor authentication.
- You can selectively enable/disable what data is tracked and delete old records automatically.
For a complete overview of the security measures that CurrentWare has in place, check out the CurrentWare platform security overview page.
What Are the System Requirements for CurrentWare's Computer Monitoring Software?
The software clients that will be installed on the employees computers are compatible with Windows operating systems.
With the Web Console you can manage your administrative settings from any browser on any operating system.
The server be installed and hosted from a Microsoft based operating system.
CurrentWare is verified to be Citrix Ready for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service (XenApp & XenDesktop service). You can install the CurrentWare Clients on your Citrix Workspace running Windows.
Learn More: CurrentWare System Requirements
How Does Computer Monitoring Software Work?
CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions track employee computer activity using a software client agent that is installed on their computers.
The CurrentWare Client sends all of the data it collects to the CurrentWare Server. From there, an administrator or manager can log in to the CurrentWare Web Console to generate reports on their employee’s computer usage.
Computer monitoring tools can also be used to monitor offsite devices; all that’s needed is a simple port forwarding configuration, deployment to a cloud-based virtual machine, or a VPN. You can learn more about using CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software to monitor remote workers here.
Any time the CurrentWare Client loses connection to the CurrentWare Server it will cache the computer activity data locally until a connection is reestablished.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Employee Monitoring?
Employee monitoring is not without its risks. Before monitoring your employees with employee monitoring software you must first evaluate the pros and cons of employee monitoring to see if it’s the right choice for your company.
The Pros of Employee Monitoring:
- Reducing employee time theft
- Improve employee productivity
- Protect sensitive data against insider threats
- Enforce compliance with company policies
- Save money on underutilized software
The Cons of Employee Monitoring:
- Employees may have privacy concerns
- Excessively invasive monitoring can be illegal in some jurisdictions
- Employers that use monitoring tools to control and micromanage their staff can harm employee morale
- Employee data may be sensitive, making misuse a significant concern
Learn More: Pros and Cons of Employee Monitoring