& many more
and many more
Monitor Employee Computer Activity
to Improve Productivity & Performance
Keep a Pulse on
Real-Time Team Activity
Today’s Insights displays the real-time productivity and availability status of individuals and teams via an at-a-glance dashboard.
Easily view the most recent productivity metrics to understand who is actively working and what application/website they last used.
- Get high-level views of the activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Filter cards by activity, productivity, name, and average activity time
Make Informed Decisions with User Activity Monitoring
BrowseReporter’s detailed reports provide managers with the activity data they need to better understand how in-house and remote team members are spending their time at work.
- Improve productivity and efficiency by identifying employees that are wasting work time on social media, games, and other distractions
- Track real-time productivity and efficiency for your entire workforce, a specific team, and individual employees
- Find out the time slots that remote workers and other employees with flexible schedules are the most active
Enforcing Acceptable Use Policies Has Never Been Easier
Our employee computer monitoring software gives you detailed evidence of web activity, making it the perfect tool for enforcing internet use policies.
- Empower anti-harassment initiatives with evidence of employees that are visiting inappropriate websites during work time
- Improve security with triggered alerts every time your employees visit high-risk websites including porn, torrents, and file sharing websites
- Track computer activity to collect evidence of unwanted computer usage, then use BrowseControl to block unwanted websites and applications
Automatically Capture Screenshots of Employee Desktops
See exactly what your employees are doing on their computers. BrowseReporter is an employee screen monitoring software that can capture screenshots when specific websites or applications are used.
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s desktops
- BrowseReporter can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer that was captured
Shady Maple Transforms Their Productivity With Internet Filtering & Employee Computer Monitoring Software
“Being able to identify negative browsing trends and put a stop to them within a couple of hours has meant that our employees are focused on the job almost all of the time. We have become an extremely efficient workforce.”
The Benefits of Employee Internet Monitoring Software
Enforce Computer Use Policies
An employee computer use policy helps ensure that your team members are aware of their responsibilities, but it’s not enough.
To make your policies truly effective you need visibility into which employees are visiting high-risk, inappropriate, or unproductive websites.
Find Bandwidth Hogs On Your Network
Are bandwidth upgrades necessary, or is an employee’s misuse of the internet what’s causing bottlenecks?
With CurrentWare's bandwidth monitoring features you can identify bandwidth hogs in your network, then block them to reduce unnecessary strain on your network’s bandwidth.
Manage Employee Productivity
While occasional web surfing might be okay so long as employees are getting their work done, workplace internet abuse can be a serious detriment to employee productivity.
The productivity insights provided by employee computer monitoring software allows you to identify inefficiencies so you can optimize work processes.
Protect Your Business From Liability Risks
Detect Software Piracy
Ensure only legitimately licensed software is being used on company computers.
Stop Workplace Harassment
Collect evidence of employees accessing pornographic, hateful, or crude websites at work.
Improve Visibility of Remote Workers
Identify poor performers, improve visibility into employee productivity, and provide high-performers an opportunity to demonstrate their efforts.
Using BrowseReporter’s productivity by location reports you can analyze employee productivity trends to see where they thrive and verify attendance.
Save Money on Unused Software
36% of desktop software & 29% of SaaS spend is underutilized or wasted!
Track SaaS and desktop software usage to uncover insights into what applications can be decommissioned, consolidated, or reduced
We’re Here to Help
The CurrentWare team prides itself on its high-quality customer support. We will support you every step of the way—whether you’re just starting your free trial or actively using CurrentWare in your network.
At CurrentWare, customer success is our priority at every stage of your journey. We take pride in providing high-quality and reliable pre and post-sale support to make your experience exceptional.
We offer the same level of high-quality support to all of our customers—no extra fees or packages necessary!
Customer Support Lead
CurrentWare provides the documentation, training, and other resources you need to take full advantage of the capabilities of our products.
The reporting feature offers accurate insights on internet activities in order to ensure compliance & organization policies are met. The offsite management feature makes it easy to monitor those working from home.
Carroline Achieng O., Sales Consultant
Absa Life Assurance, 10,001+ Employees
BrowseReporter is simple to use and provides our company with the information we were looking for. Having BrowseReporter installed has prevented any internet abuse. This was exactly what we wanted!
Denise P., IT Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 Employees
In my nearly 40 years in the IT business I’ve worked with a lot of support teams. I really appreciate CurrentWare going the extra mile to help me get the most out of the product. They’ve definitely outweighed any of the other competitors that I’ve looked at.
Jerry Slocum, Managed Services Provider
Haggerty Auto Group, 150-200 Employees
BrowseReporter is an extremely useful piece of software for monitoring our employees' devices while they are at work. It enables us to view data in real time, conduct detailed analyses of each employee's activities, and improve productivity where necessary.
Sebastian P., Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer
Retail Industry, 10,001+ Employees
Real-Time Employee Computer
Activity Dashboards & Reports
BrowseReporter’s real-time user activity dashboards and reports give you the insights you need to identify productivity leaks, detect excessive bandwidth usage, reduce software costs, and improve business intelligence.
User Activity Dashboards
- Use the collected data to review aggregated results of your entire workforce or drill down to individual users
- Select the date range and activities you want to populate the dashboard with
- Use the activity log to review raw data; add/remove columns, sort data, and export to .XLSX or .PDF
Track Productive vs Unproductive Time
- View time spent on productive vs unproductive web browsing & app use
- Customize to what is considered productive in your organization
- Compare trends in aggregated & individual productivity over time
- Use IP-based location tracking to compare productivity levels between time spent in-office vs time spent working remotely
Idle Time Tracking
- Find out when remote employees are idling for too long or spending too much of their working hours on non-work related activities
- Customize idle time based on the last keyboard/mouse inputs
- Discover which departments or employees are the most active
- Detect bandwidth-hogging websites on your network
- Review bandwidth usage trends to inform network capacity planning
- See which individual users or groups have the greatest bandwidth usage
Track Website & Application Usage
- Detect the use of unauthorized software applications
- Track which apps & sites employees use solo, as a team, or as a company
- Determine software adoption rates with usage data for apps and SaaS sites
Take Screenshots Of Your Employees’ Desktops
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s desktops to see exactly what they're doing on their computers.
- The employee screenshot monitoring software feature can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer that was captured
Keep a Pulse on Team Activity in Real-Time
- Get high-level views of the recent activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Track your users’ most recent productivity, activity, availability status
Flexible Deployment Options
With CurrentWare’s user activity monitoring solutions you’re in complete control of how your data is stored, secured, and retained. Your employees' data cannot be accessed by CurrentWare.
Keep Control of Your Data
Install the management software on a standard computer, then deploy the client software to your users' computers
Monitor & Manage on Any Network
Connect your remote employees’ computers to the management software with simple port forwarding rules
Self-Managed Cloud & VDI
Citrix, Azure, AWS, GCP, and More!
Enjoy the scalability and availability of the cloud alongside the security, control, and flexibility of our on-premises solution
Real-Time Employee and Computer Monitoring Features
Monitor Computer Activity
Get real-time insights into your users' technology use
Take automatic screenshots or remotely view desktops
Track App Usage
Get insights into software usage trends in your organization
Idle Time Tracking
Track mouse and keyboard movement to monitor inactivity
Email Reports & Alerts
Automatically send reports to designated inboxes based on events or schedules
Limit activity tracking to specific days and schedules such as employee work hours
Provide Data Access
Provide your users with on-demand access to their own activity data
Stealth Mode Option
The software can run silently in the background or be configured to alert users
Central Web Console
Manage from the convenience of a web browser with optional Active Directory integration
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
Monitor remote employees and students no matter what network they connect to
SQL Server Supported
Use the included Microsoft SQL Express database or connect your own SQL server
Learn The Best Practices for Monitoring Employees
Follow these best practices to increase buy-in for employee monitoring. Learn how to create a monitoring strategy that is transparent, fair, and respectful of employee privacy.
Employee Monitoring Software Features to Improve Transparency & Respect Privacy
The best computer monitoring software provides the flexibility you need to monitor computer activity while respecting privacy expectations. Here are some of the best privacy and security enhancing features of CurrentWare.
Give your users access to their own computer activity data so they can see exactly what data is being captured and use it for their benefit.
Custom Data Retention
Automatically delete user activity data after a set period of time. Maintain auditable records of computer usage and time tracking for only as long as needed.
Monitoring Software Notifications
Periodically display a pop-up message to notify your users that their computer activity is being monitored. The notification's message can be customized.
Show in System Tray
Enable this feature to make the CurrentWare Client visible in the system tray of your users' computers.
Limit Access to User Data
Restrict access to user activity data with a password-protected console and unique data access permissions for each manager.
Schedule BrowseReporter’s computer tracking to only collect data during work time. Turn off monitoring during non-work hours and personal browsing periods.
Disable Computer Tracking
Take full control over what is being monitored with controls for choosing what is captured and excluding specific users from being monitored.
Admin Activity Logs
These audit logs help your security, auditing, and compliance teams answer “who did what, where, and when?” when it comes to configuration changes and data access within the CurrentWare Suite.
Get Advanced Activity Insights
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
- Make informed decisions
- Enforce company policies
- Improve productivity
Block Harmful Websites
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
- Block URLs & categories
- Block unwanted apps
- Website allow & block lists
Stop Data Theft to USB Devices
AccessPatrol is USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
- Block USB devices
- USB file activity alerts
- Block file transfers
BrowseReporter Employee Monitoring Software FAQ
Are There Any Limits to the Free Trial?
The free trial of our employee monitoring tools are fully functional. You can deploy them on up to 10 computers for 14 days, which is perfect for testing the solution out with a small team.
If you need more time or more computers to properly evaluate CurrentWare’s monitoring software in your organization, reach out to our team. You can call us, email us, or use our live chat.
Does CurrentWare Have Access to My Employee's Activity Reports?
No, CurrentWare cannot access your employee’s computer monitoring data. CurrentWare’s software does not send your user’s computer usage data to CurrentWare. They are installed and managed by your organization.
With CurrentWare’s on-premises & self-managed cloud deployment options, you’re in complete control of your data.
- Sensitive employee data stays secured to your standards rather than being sent to a third party.
- Maintain data localization and residency compliance requirements by keeping employee data exactly where it needs to be.
- Retain auditable records of user activity for as long as you need
For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
How Much Does BrowseReporter Cost?
When purchased as a standalone solution, BrowseReporter costs $3.99 USD per license per month, paid annually.
The final costs depend on the number of licenses, how many years are purchased in advance, and other factors.
For the most accurate costs, reach out to our sales team for a quote.
Can I Use BrowseReporter for My Remote Team?
Yes. BrowseReporter is a remote employee monitoring software that supports a variety of deployment options that allow companies to track remote teams.
Using BrowseReporter you can monitor employee computer activity no matter where each team member works. To learn more about monitoring remote workers with BrowseReporter, visit this article: How to Set Up Remote Employee Monitoring Software
Will BrowseReporter Continue Monitoring Employees When They Leave The Network?
Yes. The employee computer monitoring software client agent that is installed on the employee’s computer has the ability to monitor computer activity and track productivity even if it does not have a connection with the CurrentWare Server.
When your employees disconnect from your network the client agent will store their activity and productivity data locally on the device. Once they reconnect to the network their data will be synced to the CurrentWare server.
Note: If you wish to get activity data from computers outside of the network they will need to be able to communicate with the CurrentWare Server. Once a connection is reestablished you will receive your employee’s computer usage data and any CurrentWare policy updates will take effect.
Can BrowseReporter Monitor User Activity On Citrix, Remote Desktop, and/or Terminal Server?
Yes. The CurrentWare Suite is supported on desktop computers, virtual machines (VMs), and servers running modern versions of the Windows operating system.
The CurrentWare Suite (BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, AccessPatrol, and enPowerManager) is also Citrix Ready verified, allowing you to use CurrentWare Suite modules with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service (XenApp & XenDesktop service). You can install the CurrentWare Clients on your Citrix Workspace running Windows.
In addition, all CurrentWare components are compatible with Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Terminal Servers (TS).
When monitoring employees in Citrix with CurrentWare you can track computer activities with PC Mode to track the individual virtual machine or with User Mode to track the activities of specific employees across multiple devices and/or virtual machines.
Monitoring and managing your end-users with CurrentWare in a Terminal Services environment works similarly. The exception is that in a Terminal Server/Terminal Services environment the server will be registered as an individual endpoint; when you run a report from PC mode it will give you a report on all the users’ profiles in a single report.
Will My Employees Know They are Being Monitored?
Depending on the needs of your environment and the laws of your jurisdiction you can use our software to monitor employee computer activity with or without its transparency-enhancing features enabled.
Stealth Employee Monitoring
BrowseReporter operates in stealth mode by default.
In stealth mode, the CurrentWare Client is not visible in the system tray or control panel of the employee’s computer.
Transparent Employee Monitoring
BrowseReporter’s optional transparency-boosting features make it the best computer monitoring software for being transparent about tracking employee computer activity.
These features helps your teams remain aware that their computer activity is being monitored in the workplace.
- Monitoring Notifications: Display a custom message that periodically reminds your employees that their internet and application activity is being monitored by BrowseReporter
- Show In System Tray: Enable this feature to make the CurrentWare Client visible in the system tray of your employee’s computers.
- End-User Reports: Enable this feature to give your employees access to their own computer activity data. This lets them see exactly what internet and application usage data is being shared.
Learn More: Best Practices for Monitoring Employees
How Can I Start Monitoring My Employees’ Computers?
Monitoring employee computer activity is as simple as deploying employee computer use monitoring software on their computers.
You can start monitoring your employees’ productivity and computer usage today with a FREE trial of BrowseReporter; simply follow these steps.
- Download & install BrowseReporter
Download the files for your free employee monitoring software trial. On the administrator’s computer, run CurrentWare.exe to begin your installation.
- Deploy the software clients
Deploy the CurrentWare Client (cwClientSetup.exe) on all the computers you want to monitor. You can deploy the client with a local install or by using Active Directory, SCCM, or our built-in remote deployment tool.
- Monitor employee productivity
After installing the employee monitoring tools, you will see all of your employee’s computers on the CurrentWare Console. From this console you can generate detailed reports on all of your employees’ computer activities including internet and application usage.
Is it Legal to Use Employee Monitoring Software?
When determining how employee monitoring software will be used with the teams in your organization it is important to understand the potential privacy implications for your employees and what factors influence your right to monitor employee computer activity.
Depending on your jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of your employees you may have legal obligations to fulfill before monitoring employees in the workplace. The best practice is to consult with a legal professional first.
Most workplace privacy and employee monitoring laws require you to be transparent about data collection. This includes informing employees about what is being monitored, how their data will be protected, and how it will be used.
Typically this disclosure is provided in an employee manual, workplace monitoring policy, or acceptable use policy.
Get a FREE Template: Workplace Monitoring Policy (Employee Monitoring Policy)
The best computer monitoring software helps you meet your privacy requirements with privacy-enhancing features such as alerting your users that their computer activity is being monitored.
Who Uses This Employee Monitoring Software?
CurrentWare has a global client base with companies across a variety of industries including government, healthcare, finance, nonprofit, and manufacturing.
CurrentWare helps its customers protect their business against time theft, lost productivity, data leakage, and web-based threats by monitoring and controlling computer usage.
Read our employee monitoring software customer case studies to learn more.
Will BrowseReporter Track Web Browsing When Users Uses Private Browsing Modes or Delete Their Browsing History?
Yes. CurrentWare’s software client collects user activity data independent of the browser’s browsing history.
Internet browsing data will remain intact for use in reports and dashboards even if the user deletes their web browsing history in their browser or uses a private browsing function such as Incognito Mode On Google Chrome, Private Browsing On Mozilla Firefox, and InPrivate Browsing Window On Microsoft Edge.
Is This a Cloud Product?
How is the CurrentWare Suite Secured?
CurrentWare is committed to the security of its platform, its users and their data.
- All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s solutions is stored in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider; the data is not sent to CurrentWare.
- The web console cannot be accessed without a username and password. For an added layer of authentication security you can enable two-factor authentication.
- You can selectively enable/disable what data is tracked and delete old records automatically.
For a complete overview of the security measures that CurrentWare has in place, check out the CurrentWare platform security overview page.