Real-Time Employee Productivity Tracking Software
- Increase Productivity
Track unproductive web browsing and idle time to detect time-wasting
- Save Time With Intuitive Reports
User-friendly reports make it easy to understand employee computer activity
- Enhance Visibility
See how your employees spend their time—even on Terminal Server and Remote Desktop Services!
& many more
and many more
Monitor Employee Computer Activity
to Increase Workplace Productivity & Employee Performance
Keep a Pulse on
Real-Time Team Activity
Today’s Insights displays the real-time productivity and availability status of individuals and teams via an at-a-glance dashboard.
Easily view the most recent productivity metrics to understand who is actively working and what application/website they last used.
- Get high-level views of the activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Filter cards by activity, productivity, name, and average activity time
Enforcing Acceptable Use Policies Has Never Been Easier
Our user activity monitoring software gives you detailed evidence of web activity, making it the perfect tool for enforcing internet use policies.
- Empower anti-harassment initiatives with evidence of employees that are visiting inappropriate websites during work time
- Detect insider threats with alerts when your employees visit high-risk websites including porn, torrents, and file sharing websites
- Track computer activity to collect evidence of unwanted computer usage, then use BrowseControl to block websites & applications
Track Idle vs Active Time
CurrentWare’s computer activity reports let you see if an employee was actively using their computers. You can even see if a specific website was actively used or simply running in the background.
- Monitor employees’ internet usage based on active time, idle time, and total time to see how long they are away from their computers
- Track active and idle times of employees based on how long it has been since they have used their mouse or keyboard
- Start tracking employee idle time after their computer has been inactive for a set period of time
of Employee Desktops
See exactly what your employees are doing on their computers. Automatically capture screenshots when specific websites or applications are used.
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s desktops
- BrowseReporter can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer
Track Employee Productivity
BrowseReporter’s detailed employee productivity reports make tracking productivity simple and intuitive.
Equip managers with the activity data they need to understand how in-house and remote team members are spending their time at work.
- Find out if employees are wasting work time on social media, computer games, and other distractions
- Track the productivity levels of your entire workforce, a specific team, and individual employees
- Determine your team’s productivity levels based on the apps and websites you consider to be productive
Track Login & Logout Times
Combine idle time tracking with logon history reports to get a full picture of your employee’s activity levels.
- Audit logon and logoff times to see how long your employee’s are working at their computers
- Get a record of each time your employees startup, sleep, and shutdown their computers
- Verify that employees working from home are active during work hours and see when they are taking breaks
Shady Maple Transforms Their Productivity With Internet Filtering & Employee Computer Monitoring Software
“Being able to identify negative browsing trends and put a stop to them within a couple of hours has meant that our employees are focused on the job almost all of the time. We have become an extremely efficient workforce."
How to Improve Employee Productivity With
CurrentWare’s Real-Time Productivity Tracking Software
The CurrentWare Suite provides the visibility and control you need to boost productivity.
See How Employees Spend Their Time
Use our real-time employee tracking software BrowseReporter to track employee activity. Track idle time and internet usage to ensure that team members are focused on their projects and tasks.
- See how much time was spent on unproductive websites and applications
- Customize idle time based on the last keyboard/mouse inputs
- Discover which departments or employees are the most active
Monitor Remote Employees
Compare productivity trends between remote vs in-office employees, improve visibility, and provide opportunities for flexible employee schedules.
Remote employee monitoring software provides you with a clear picture of when employees are working on their computers so you can rest assured that they are engaged no matter how they like to schedule their time.
Enforce Computer Use Policies
Our employee productivity tracking software gives you detailed evidence of web activity, making it the perfect tool for enforcing internet use policies.
- Empower anti-harassment initiatives with evidence of employees that are visiting inappropriate websites during work time
- Improve security with triggered alerts every time your employees visit high-risk websites including porn, torrents, and file sharing websites
- Track computer activity to collect evidence of unwanted computer usage, then use BrowseControl to block unwanted websites and applications
Empower Business Decisions
- Empower human resources with evidence of users that are visiting inappropriate websites
- Measure trends in employee engagement to find employees that need more support
- Enable flexible schedules with insights into when your employees do their best work
Track Productivity to Deter Time Wasters
Workplace distractions are a major drain on productivity. Track time spent on unproductive websites to increase productivity and ensure your staff is on track when you assign tasks.
Optimize Project Management
Track idle time trends to find out which departments are underutilized or overutilized. Identify opportunities for growth and areas where work processes or task management need to be adjusted.
Flexible Deployment Options
With CurrentWare’s user activity monitoring solutions you’re in complete control of how your data is stored, secured, and retained. Your employees' data cannot be accessed by CurrentWare.
Have Complete Control of Your Data
Install the management software on a standard computer, then deploy the client software to your users' computers
Manage Users on Any Network
Connect your remote employees’ computers to the management software with simple port forwarding rules
Citrix, Azure, AWS, GCP, and More!
Enjoy the scalability and availability of the cloud alongside the security, control, and flexibility of our on-premises solution.
Get Advanced Activity Insights
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
- Make informed decisions
- Enforce company policies
- Improve productivity
Block Harmful Websites
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
- Block URLs & categories
- Block unwanted apps
- Website allow & block lists
Stop Data Theft to USB Devices
AccessPatrol is USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
- Block USB devices
- USB file activity alerts
- Block file transfers
The reporting feature offers accurate insights on internet activities in order to ensure compliance & organization policies are met. The offsite management feature makes it easy to monitor those working from home.
Carroline Achieng O., Sales Consultant
Absa Life Assurance, 10,001+ Employees
BrowseReporter is simple to use and provides our company with the information we were looking for. Having BrowseReporter installed has prevented any internet abuse. This was exactly what we wanted!
Denise P., IT Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 Employees
BrowseReporter allows us to better control the activities of our remote employees, which are growing in number due to our transformation policy. It prevents irregular practices that go against our company's basic labor standards.
Kilmer M., Senior Director of Advertising
Financial Services Company, 51-200 Employees
BrowseReporter is an extremely useful piece of software for monitoring our employees' devices while they are at work. It enables us to view data in real time, conduct detailed analyses of each employee's activities, and improve productivity where necessary.
Sebastian P., Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer
Retail, 10,001+ Employees
Learn The Best Practices for Monitoring Employees
Follow these best practices to increase buy-in for employee monitoring. Learn how to create a monitoring strategy that is transparent, fair, and respectful of employee privacy.
Best Practices for Monitoring Hybrid & Remote Workers
Even with the best employee monitoring software with advanced employee monitoring features you need clear employee communication from team leaders to get the most out of your employee monitoring solution.
Follow these best practices for tracking employee activity to monitor your employees’ activity with work from home monitoring software while respecting their privacy.
Use Employee Computer Activity Data Fairly
The computer activity data of remote employees must only be used for its stated purpose. This ensures that employees have provided informed consent to having their data collected and improves their trust in the use of remote employee monitoring software.
How to Use Monitoring Data Fairly
- Limit singling out individual employees. Addressing individuals should be reserved for instances of high risk and clearly objectionable behaviors such as accessing pornography, excessive disengagement, or illegal activities.
- Monitor employees equally. To avoid perceptions of discrimination, employees in similar roles should be monitored and assessed equally. This can be extended further by including managers in the monitoring ecosystem.
- Do not make automatic decisions solely based on monitoring data. Decisions that have a significant effect on employees such as promotions, job retention, and salary negotiations require human intervention to ensure that the evaluation is fair, accurate, and adequate.
Keep Employee Computer Activity Data Safe
The computer activity data of remote employees can be potentially sensitive. Information such as internet browsing history and search queries can reveal personal information including health status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
To prevent this data from being misused you must treat user activity data like any other form of sensitive information. This includes limiting who can access the data, ensuring that anyone with access to the data understands their security and privacy responsibilities, and keeping the data stored in a secure location.
Examples of sensitive employee monitoring data:
- Search queries surrounding protected classes (race, religion, disabilities, etc)
- Location data from company-provided mobile devices
- Personally identifiable information (PII)
Respect the Limitations of Productivity Monitoring
The insights provided by remote employee monitoring software do not provide the full context into how employees work.
Unless an employee is in a position where 100% of their work occurs on a computer there is bound to be work-adjacent tasks such as meetings, deep thought, and project planning that is not reflected by employee monitoring tools.
For this reason you must avoid making automated decisions based on their activity data. Instead, use the insights provided to optimize workflows, address clearly disengaged employees, and ensure that work from home policies are being followed.
Do not use computer activity data as the sole indicator of performance. Even if the majority of an employee’s role involves the use of the computer it is normal for a productive employee to have periods of time where they are temporarily inactive on their workstations as they can be engaged in other job-adjacent tasks.
Avoid Invasive Remote Employee Monitoring
In today’s privacy-conscious world employers need to monitor employees in a way that is transparent, minimally invasive, and respectful of employee privacy.
Do Not Monitor More Than Necessary
You do not need to monitor individual keystrokes to track the productivity of remote employees. Instead, track how they spend their time during work hours with work from home monitoring software.
Do Not Monitor Employees Without Their Informed Consent
Employees that are not aware that they are being monitored, why they are being monitored, and how they are being monitored are less likely to find employee monitoring acceptable.
Do Not Monitor Personal Devices
You must respect the reasonable expectation of privacy that remote employees have when they are using their personal computers for work tasks.
Employee Monitoring Software Features to Improve Transparency & Respect Employee Privacy
The best computer monitoring software provides the flexibility you need to monitor employee computer activity while respecting workplace privacy expectations. Here are some of the best privacy and security enhancing features of BrowseReporter.
Give your users access to their own computer activity data. By giving employees access they can see exactly what data is being captured and use it for their benefit.
Custom Data Retention
Automatically delete user activity data after a set period of time. Maintain auditable records of computer usage and time tracking for only as long as needed.
Monitoring Software Notifications
Periodically display a pop-up message to notify your users that their computer activity is being monitored. The notification's message can be customized.
Show in System Tray
Enable this feature to make the CurrentWare Client visible in the system tray of your users' computers.
Limit Access to User Data
Restrict access to user activity data with a password-protected console and unique data access permissions for each manager.
Schedule BrowseReporter’s computer tracking to only collect data during work time. Turn off monitoring during non-work hours and personal browsing periods.
Disable Computer Tracking
CurrentWare's computer tracking software features can be selectively enabled or disabled, giving you full control over what is being monitored.
Admin Activity Logs
These audit logs help your security, auditing, and compliance teams answer “who did what, where, and when?” when it comes to configuration changes and data access within the CurrentWare Suite.
Manage all your users from the
centralized console with Active
Directory import or syncing
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
Extend onsite security policies to any remote computer running outside the corporate network
SQL Server Supported
Database scaled for enterprise and
large business operations using
Microsoft SQL Server
Employee Productivity Software FAQ
Are There Any Limits to the Free Trial?
The free trial for all of CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions are fully functional. You can deploy it on up to 10 computers for 14 days. If you need more time or more computers to properly evaluate CurrentWare in your organization, reach out to our sales team.
Does CurrentWare Have Access to Employee Data?
No, CurrentWare cannot access your employee’s computer monitoring data. CurrentWare’s software does not send your user’s computer usage data to CurrentWare. They are installed and managed by your organization.
All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s software is stored on a database that is installed in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider.
With CurrentWare’s on-premises & self-managed cloud deployment options, you’re in complete control of your data.
- Sensitive employee data stays secured to your standards rather than being sent to a third party.
- Maintain data localization and residency compliance requirements by keeping employee data exactly where it needs to be.
- Retain auditable records of user activity for as long as you need
For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
Will My Employees Know They Are Being Monitored?
Depending on the needs of your environment and the laws of your jurisdiction you can opt to deploy BrowseReporter with or without its transparency-enhancing features enabled.
When using employee productivity monitoring and time tracking software to manage employees’ productivity the best practice is to inform them of what you will track and how that tracking data will be used to evaluate their performance.
Stealth Employee Monitoring
BrowseReporter operates in stealth mode by default.
In stealth mode, the CurrentWare Client is not visible in the system tray or control panel of the employee’s computer. Your employee will not be able to uninstall the CurrentWare client or prevent it from running.
Transparent Employee Monitoring
BrowseReporter includes a variety of transparency-boosting features to help your employees remain aware that their computer activity is being monitored in the workplace.
- Monitoring Notifications: Display a custom message that periodically reminds your employees that their internet and application activity is being monitored by BrowseReporter
- Show In System Tray: Enable this feature to make the CurrentWare Client visible in the system tray of your employee’s computers.
- End-User Reports: Enable this feature to give your employees access to their own computer activity data. This lets them see exactly what internet and application usage data is being shared.
Does CurrentWare Work With Remote Teams?
Yes. CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software allows you to monitor remote teams through a variety of deployment options such as an offsite mode that works without access to the internet, connecting through a VPN, port forwarding, or by installing it on a cloud platform of your choice.
What Are the Benefits of Employee Monitoring Software?
- Improve Productivity: Employee computer activity data provides managers with the insights they need to make informed productivity management decisions. This includes identifying disengaged employees, balancing workloads, and optimizing work processes.
- Manage Risks: Monitoring employee computer activity helps limit legal liability and reduces cybersecurity risks by ensuring that acceptable use policies are being followed.
- Save Money: Employee computer monitoring software provides valuable workforce analytics data. This data can be used to reduce software wastage, detect time theft, and improve operational efficiency.
Is This a Cloud Solution?
The CurrentWare Suite can be deployed on-premises or on a cloud platform of your choice. Both deployment option are compatible with remote workers with a few configuration changes.
Our employee productivity solutions are not cloud-native.
How Can I Start Tracking Employee Productivity?
- Download & install BrowseReporter employee productivity software
Download the files for your free employee productivity monitoring software trial. On the administrator’s computer, run CurrentWare.exe to begin your installation.
- Deploy the software clients
Deploy the CurrentWare Client (cwClientSetup.exe) on all the computers you want to monitor. You can deploy the client with a local install or by using Active Directory, SCCM, or our built-in remote deployment tool.
- Start tracking your workforce
After the installation you will see all of your employee’s computers on the CurrentWare Console. From this console you can run detailed reports on all of your employees’ computer activities.
Who Uses Employee Monitoring Software?
Employee computer monitoring software is used by a wide variety of industries. It is most commonly found in industries that are required to monitor employee computer activity for data security compliance purposes. Examples of common industries include financial services, government, and health care.
Will BrowseReporter Continue Monitoring Employees When They Leave the Network?
Yes. The client agent has the ability to monitor employee computer activity even if it loses connection to the CurrentWare Server. This makes the CurrentWare Suite the best productivity management software for remote work.
When a user disconnects from the network the client agent’s offsite management features will store their activity data locally on their computer. Once they reconnect to your network their data will be synced to the CurrentWare server.
Note: If you wish to get activity data from employee computers that are outside of the network, they will need to be able to communicate with the CurrentWare Server. Once a connection is reestablished you will receive your employee’s computer usage data and any CurrentWare policy updates will take effect.
Learn More: How to Set Up CurrentWare’s Employee Productivity Tracking Software for Off-Site Workers
Is Employee Monitoring Software Legal?
The legality of employee monitoring depends entirely on regulations and other legislation that are specific to the organization, its industry, and the jurisdiction of its employees.
The recommended best practice is to have employees read and sign a technology in the workplace policy where they acknowledge that they are aware that their activity is being monitored.
An example of mandated employee consent can be seen in Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which requires that employers inform employees that they are being monitored in the workplace, why they are being monitored, how their data will be used, and the methods that will be used to monitor them (security cameras, employee computer monitoring software, etc).
Will CurrentWare Track Web Browsing When Users Uses Private Browsing Modes or Delete Their Browsing History?
Yes. CurrentWare’s software client collects user activity data independent of the browser’s browsing history.
Internet browsing data will remain intact for use in reports and dashboards even if the user deletes their web browsing history in their browser or uses a private browsing function such as Incognito Mode On Google Chrome, Private Browsing On Mozilla Firefox, and InPrivate Browsing Window On Microsoft Edge.
How is the CurrentWare Suite Secured?
CurrentWare is committed to the security of its platform, its users and their data.
- All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s solutions is stored in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider; the data is not sent to CurrentWare.
- The web console cannot be accessed without a username and password. For an added layer of authentication security you can enable two-factor authentication.
- You can selectively enable/disable what data is tracked and delete old records automatically.
For a complete overview of the security measures that CurrentWare has in place, check out the CurrentWare platform security overview page.
Start Tracking Employee Engagement Today
Get started with a free trial—no credit card required