& thousands of other companies
“In CurrentWare, I found a solution that fulfilled the criteria of
my entire project within a single suite of software."
Larry Salvucci, IT Manager
Manage CurrentWare from your Windows Desktop or Web Console*
*Coming soon: Web Console is currently in private beta & will be available for public launch in April 2021. Click here to request early access
Flexible Deployment Options
Easy to install. Everything stored on your own network.
Connecting remote users with minimal network configuration.
All the benefits of the cloud on the cloud server of your choice.
Track Employee Activities
Collect evidence of actively disengaged employees. Monitor internet usage for visits to high-risk or inappropriate websites. Track USB file activity for suspicious data handling.
Restrict Websites & Applications
Customize restrictions based on the legitimate needs of employees. Schedule custom restrictions to allow greater flexibility during breaks or special events. Use URL Category Filtering effortlessly blocks millions of websites across hundreds of predefined content categories.
Device Control Lockdown
Block file transfers based on device type, file name, and file extension. Prevent employees from accessing unauthorized file transfer applications or websites. Enforce the exclusive use of authorized portable storage hardware
Improve Productivity & Efficiency in 3 Simple Steps
Download & install CurrentWareOn the administrator’s computer, Run the CurrentWare.exe from the CurrentWare.zip to begin your installation.
Deploy software clientsDeploy the CurrentWare Client on all the computers you want to control, using Active Directory, SCCM or our built-in deployment tool.
Monitor your employeesAfter the installation, you will see all of your computers on the CurrentWare Console. Apply the appropriate settings & policies to manage and monitor your users.
Here's what our customers have to say about us
Larry Salvucci, IT Manager
Nicholas Scheetz, IT Service Desk Supervisor
Gabriel Alvarado, CIS/CIT
Why Choose CurrentWare for Employee Monitoring?
Improve Employee ProductivityAnalyze the computer monitoring data of in-office and remote employees to understand productivity and efficiency trends throughout your workforce. Discover employees that are actively disengaged, underperforming, or underutilized with detailed employee computer usage reports.
Save Money & Improve EfficiencyTrack employee software usage to optimize software spend, deprovision underused solutions, and track the adoption rate of new applications. Discover bandwidth hogs on your network and prevent the abuse of unproductive websites or applications.
Enjoy Advantageous PricingCurrentWare's entire suite of employee monitoring, web filtering, data loss prevention, and remote device control software are competitively priced to give you the best value. Take advantage of special deals for large license volumes, educational organizations, non-profits, managed services providers, and businesses that pre-purchase multiple year plans.
Time wasted daily on distracting web browsing during work hours
Cost of productivity loss due to Internet misuse
Data breaches came from insider threats in 2017
of Americans work from home occasionally during the year
CurrentWare’s device control and computer monitoring software gives you advanced control and visibility over your entire workforce
Internet Access Control
The internet is a powerful tool for research and collaboration. Unfortunately, the internet is also rampant with malware, distracting websites, and other content that is inappropriate for your organization. Take back control over what your users can access on the internet with CurrentWare’s content filtering solution BrowseControl.
Endpoint Device Restriction
Unmanaged USB devices are a serious threat to data security. Illicit file transfers, lacklustre USB security controls, and malware from compromised peripherals are all viable vectors for a costly data breach. Bolster your data loss prevention strategy with CurrentWare’s endpoint security and USB device permission software AccessPatrol.
CurrentWare’s employee and computer monitoring software BrowseReporter is a powerful application and internet usage monitor for ensuring compliance with your internet use policy, providing you with the reports you need to make data-informed decisions that protect your network and keep your employees focused
Remote Workforce Management
The solutions in the CurrentWare suite can be used to monitor and manage your workers when they’re off-site. Whether your employees are working from home or from their laptops during business travel you can rest assured that your endpoint security policy and internet policy goes with them.
Best Practices for Using Employee Monitoring Software
Be Transparent About Employee Activity Monitoring
Employees that are not aware that they are being monitored, why they are being monitored, and how they are being monitored are less likely to find the use of employee computer monitoring software acceptable.
CurrentWare’s employee and computer monitoring software solutions can be deployed with an optional stealth mode or configured to periodically notify employees that they are being monitored.
- Give employees access to their data. Automatically send their activity reports to their inboxes to give them the autonomy to monitor their own productivity.
- Disclose the scope of employee monitoring during onboarding and within company policies.
- Make sure employees understand how data is being collected, what data is being collected, and how it will be used.
How to Increase Buy-in for Employee Monitoring
- Consult your employees. Involve a representative sample of employees to ensure that their voices are heard. Allow them to voice any concerns they have regarding your use of employee computer monitoring software.
- Do not track more than necessary. Only collect, store, and use the types of data that are adequate and relevant for the stated purposes. Overly invasive monitoring methods such as capturing individual keystrokes and webcam feeds are highly likely to infringe on employee privacy rights unless there is a legitimate business need that cannot be adequately met through less invasive methods.
- Limit access to employee monitoring data. Restricting access to monitoring data to a “need to know” basis limits opportunities for misuse. Use CurrentWare’s operator permissions to password protect the console and limit who has access to certain features.
Protect Employee Monitoring Data From Misuse
Employee monitoring data can be highly sensitive depending on its nature. Organizations need to ensure that administrative and technical security measures are in place to prevent their employee’s data from being misused or leaked to unauthorized parties.
- Password-protect employee monitoring data. The CurrentWare Console can be password protected to limit who has access to employee computer activity data.
- Provide reports on an as-needed basis. For example, managers can be sent reports of their department’s performance without providing them with reports of employees that they do not manage. Employee computer activity reports can be exported to CSV, MHTML, TIFF, or PDF and shared on an as-need basis .
- Only use employee computer activity data for its intended purpose. If employees consent to their data being collected for the purpose of enforcing acceptable use policies it is critical that it is not reappropriated for another purpose without their explicit and informed consent.
CurrentWare Employee Monitoring Software FAQ
- Improve Productivity: Employee computer activity data provides managers with the insights they need to make informed productivity management decisions. This includes identifying disengaged employees, balancing workloads, and optimizing work processes.
- Manage Risks: Monitoring employee computer activity helps limit legal liability and reduces cybersecurity risks by ensuring that acceptable use policies are being followed.
- Save Money: Employee computer monitoring software provides valuable workforce analytics data. This data can be used to reduce software wastage, detect time theft, and improve operational efficiency.
The legality of employee monitoring depends entirely on regulations and other legislation that are specific to the organization, its industry, and the jurisdiction of its employees.
The recommended best practice is to have employees read and sign a technology in the workplace policy where they acknowledge that they are aware that their activity is being monitored.
An example of mandated employee consent can be seen in Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which requires that employers inform employees that they are being monitored in the workplace, why they are being monitored, how their data will be used, and the methods that will be used to monitor them (security cameras, employee computer monitoring software, etc).
No, CurrentWare cannot access your employee’s computer monitoring data. CurrentWare’s software does not send your user’s computer usage data to CurrentWare. They are installed and managed by your organization.
All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s software is stored on a database that is installed in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider.
For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
The free trial for all of CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions are fully functional. You can deploy it on up to 10 computers for 14 days. If you need more time or more computers to properly evaluate CurrentWare in your organization, reach out to our sales team.
CurrentWare’s solutions can be purchased individually for the greatest flexibility or as a bundle for the best value.
When purchased individually, the cost of BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, and AccessPatrol starts as low as $2.99 USD per user per month (paid annually).
Volume license discounts are available starting for as low as 100 users, with discounts increasing depending on the number of licenses.
There are additional discounts available for educational organizations, non-profits, managed services providers, and for businesses that pre-purchase multiple year plans.Looking for a quote? Contact our sales team here.
Yes. CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software allows you to monitor remote workers through a variety of deployment options such as an offsite mode that works without access to the internet, connecting through a VPN, port forwarding, or by installing it on a cloud platform of your choice.