& many more
Active CurrentWare Licenses
Years in Business
Discover Our Products
Starting at $3.99 USD user/month
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
Easily monitor web browsing and application usage with intuitive user activity reports and dashboards.
✓ Make informed decisions with user activity monitoring
✓ Detailed evidence of web activity, the perfect tool for enforcing internet use policies
✓ Automatically capture screenshots of employee desktops
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
Enforce internet use policies, block distracting websites, and improve internet security with granular internet access control policies.
✓ Block websites based on URLs and content categories
✓ Prevent users from running certain programs
✓ Control internet access with allow and block lists
AccessPatrol is a data loss prevention and USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
Block USB devices and other peripherals to mitigate the threat of USB malware and data leakage.
✓ Block USB devices, network storage, & other peripherals
✓ Get alerts of USB file transfers and device use
✓ Block file transfers based on name and filetype
PC Power Manager
enPowerManager is an effective solution for remotely managing PC power policies across an enterprise to conserve energy and reduce costs.
With a simple click of the mouse computers can be remotely shutdown or booted automatically at different times during the day.
✓ Remotely schedule and manage computer power states
✓ Configure advanced power policies for all users
✓ Track logon, startup, and shutdown activities
Get All 4 Modules in the CurrentWare Suite
Employee Monitoring, Web Filtering, PC Power Management, & USB Control Software
Improve employee productivity, data security, and business intelligence with advanced awareness and control over how technology is used in your organization.
Each module operates from the same central console, allowing you to easily manage the entire CurrentWare Suite from the convenience of a web browser.
✓ Get an advantageous price starting at $8.99 USD when you purchase all four modules as a bundle
✓ Seamlessly add new modules without redeploying the clients
✓ Includes BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, AccessPatrol, and enPowerManager
Viking Yachts Protects Sensitive Information From a Departing Employee
“CurrentWare saved us a lot of time and money. If we didn’t have AccessPatrol we would have never known what was going on. I cannot thank all of you enough for this software.”
Flexible Deployment Options
On-Premises | Remote Workers | Self-Managed Cloud
Improve Productivity & Security in 3 Simple Steps
Download the Free Trial
Get started today with a free fully-functional 14-day trial of the CurrentWare Suite. No credit card required to sign up!
Deploy the Software
Install the Console & Server on a computer, server, or a cloud platform of your choice. Then deploy the Clients to your users’ computers.
Manage your Users
Organize your users/computers with AD sync or configure custom policy groups. Apply policies and run on their computer activities.
What Problem Are You Trying to Solve?
CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions provide the insights you need to ensure that the devices in your network are used safely and productively.
Monitor web browsing, application usage, USB activities, PC power states, idle time, and bandwidth usage with intuitive user activity reports.
Employee Internet Management
CurrentWare’s workplace internet filtering and monitoring software prevents the misuse of the internet in the workplace.
Effortlessly restrict internet access and track employee web browsing to enforce your internet use policies.
Use CurrentWare’s employee productivity tracking software to monitor productivity and see how your staff spends their time on work computers.
Easily see if employees are working and keep track of how much time is spent on unproductive web activity.
Track idle time to see how much time is spent away from their computers, capture screenshots of their desktops, and classify websites as productive, unproductive, or neutral to track employee productivity trends.
End-user devices are a security nightmare when left unmanaged. CurrentWare’s endpoint security solutions protect your endpoints with software-enforced policy management and user monitoring.
Block unauthorized USB devices to prevent malware transfers, proactively block high-risk websites, monitor computer activity for anomalous behavior, and close unused network ports to reduce the attack surface of your endpoints.
Remote Workforce Management
Use CurrentWare’s remote workforce management software to improve the productivity and security of your employees—no matter where they work.
With CurrentWare you can continue to monitor remote employee internet usage, block websites, and restrict USB permissions even when they disconnect from your network.
Restrict Websites & Applications
Customize restrictions based on the legitimate needs of employees. Schedule custom restrictions to allow greater flexibility during breaks or special events. Use URL Category Filtering to effortlessly block millions of websites across hundreds of predefined web content categories.
Get Started With CurrentWare
Download and install CurrentWare on your network.
Starting at $3.99 USD per license/month.
Track Employee Activities
Collect evidence of actively disengaged employees. Monitor internet usage for visits to high-risk or inappropriate websites. Track USB file activity for suspicious data handling.
Restrict Websites & Applications
Customize restrictions based on the legitimate needs of employees. Schedule custom restrictions to allow greater flexibility during breaks or special events. Use URL Category Filtering effortlessly blocks millions of websites across hundreds of predefined content categories.
Device Control Lockdown
Block file transfers based on device type, file name, and file extension. Prevent employees from accessing unauthorized file transfer applications or websites. Enforce the exclusive use of authorized portable storage hardware.
Why Choose CurrentWare for Employee Monitoring?
Improve Employee Productivity
- Analyze the computer monitoring data of in-office and remote employees to understand productivity and efficiency trends throughout your workforce.
- Discover employees that are actively disengaged, underperforming, or underutilized with detailed employee computer usage reports.
- Retain evidence of web browsing even if end-users use private browsing modes or delete their browser history.
Save Money & Improve Efficiency
- Track employee software usage to optimize software spend, deprovision underused solutions, and track the adoption rate of new applications.
- Discover bandwidth hogs on your network and prevent the abuse of unproductive websites or applications.
Enjoy Advantageous Pricing
- CurrentWare’s software is competitively priced to give you the best value. Individual solutions start at $3.99 USD user/month.
- Take advantage of deals for large license volumes, educational organizations, non-profits, managed services providers, and businesses that pre-purchase multiple year plans.
Time wasted daily on distracting web browsing during work hours
Cost of productivity loss due to Internet misuse
Data breaches came from insider threats in 2017
of Americans work from home occasionally during the year
Best Practices for Using Employee Monitoring Software
Be Transparent About Employee Activity Monitoring
Employees that are not aware that they are being monitored, why they are being monitored, and how they are being monitored are less likely to find the use of employee computer monitoring software acceptable.
CurrentWare’s employee and computer monitoring software solutions can be deployed with an optional stealth mode or configured to periodically notify employees that they are being monitored.
- Turn on BrowseReporter’s End Users Reports feature to give employees access to their data. This gives them the autonomy to monitor their own productivity.
- Disclose the scope of employee monitoring during onboarding and within company policies.
- Make sure employees understand how data is being collected, what data is being collected, and how it will be used.
How to Increase Buy-in for Employee Monitoring
- Consult your employees. Involve a representative sample of employees to ensure that their voices are heard. Allow them to voice any concerns they have regarding your use of employee computer monitoring software.
- Do not track more than necessary. Only collect, store, and use the types of data that are adequate and relevant for the stated purposes. Overly invasive monitoring methods such as capturing individual keystrokes and webcam feeds are highly likely to infringe on employee privacy rights unless there is a legitimate business need that cannot be adequately met through less invasive methods.
- Limit access to employee monitoring data. Restricting access to monitoring data to a “need to know” basis limits opportunities for misuse. Use CurrentWare’s operator permissions to password protect the console and limit who has access to certain features.
Protect Employee Monitoring Data From Misuse
Employee monitoring data can be highly sensitive depending on its nature. Organizations need to ensure that administrative and technical security measures are in place to prevent their employee’s data from being misused or leaked to unauthorized parties.
- Password-protect employee monitoring data. The CurrentWare Console can be password protected to limit who has access to employee computer activity data.
- Provide reports on an as-needed basis. For example, managers can be sent reports of their department’s performance without providing them with reports of employees that they do not manage. Employee computer activity reports can be exported to CSV, MHTML, TIFF, or PDF and shared on an as-need basis.
- Only use employee computer activity data for its intended purpose. If employees consent to their data being collected for the purpose of enforcing acceptable use policies it is critical that it is not reappropriated for another purpose without their explicit and informed consent.
CurrentWare Employee Monitoring Software FAQ
Does CurrentWare Have Access To Employee Data?
No, CurrentWare cannot access your employee’s computer monitoring data. CurrentWare’s software does not send your user’s computer usage data to CurrentWare. They are installed and managed by your organization.
All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s software is stored on a database that is installed in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider.
For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
Is This a Cloud Product?
Will CurrentWare Track Web Browsing When Users Uses Private Browsing Modes or Delete Their Browsing History?
Yes. CurrentWare’s software client collects user activity data indepedent of the browser’s browsing history.
Internet browsing data will remain intact for use in reports and dashboards even if the user deletes their web browsing history in their browser or uses a private browsing function such as Incognito Mode On Google Chrome, Private Browsing On Mozilla Firefox, and InPrivate Browsing Window On Microsoft Edge.
What Is Employee Monitoring Software?
Employee monitoring software is an app that tracks employee computer activity. The goal of employee computer monitoring software is to improve productivity and efficiency by using activity data to better understand how a workforce operates. This data is used to track time spent on projects, identify time spent on unproductive activities, and increase the visibility of a remote workforce.
Does CurrentWare Work With Remote Workers?
Yes. CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software allows you to monitor remote workers through a variety of deployment options such as an offsite mode that works without access to the internet, connecting through a VPN, port forwarding, or by installing it on a cloud platform of your choice.
Who Uses Employee Monitoring Software?
Employee computer monitoring software is used by a wide variety of industries. It is most commonly found in industries that are required to monitor employee computer activity for data security compliance purposes. Examples of common industries include financial services, government, and health care.
What Are the Benefits of Employee Monitoring Software?
- Improve Productivity: Employee computer activity data provides managers with the insights they need to make informed productivity management decisions. This includes identifying disengaged employees, balancing workloads, and optimizing work processes.
- Manage Risks: Monitoring employee computer activity helps limit legal liability and reduces cybersecurity risks by ensuring that acceptable use policies are being followed.
- Save Money: Employee computer monitoring software provides valuable workforce analytics data. This data can be used to reduce software wastage, detect time theft, and improve operational efficiency.
Are There Any Limits To The Free Trial?
The free trial for all of CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions are fully functional. You can deploy it on up to 10 computers for 14 days. If you need more time or more computers to properly evaluate CurrentWare in your organization, reach out to our sales team.
How Much Does CurrentWare Cost?
CurrentWare’s solutions can be purchased individually for the greatest flexibility or as a bundle for the best value.
When purchased individually, the cost of BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, and AccessPatrol starts as low as $3.99 USD per user per month (paid annually).
Volume license discounts are available starting for as low as 100 users, with discounts increasing depending on the number of licenses.
There are additional discounts available for educational organizations, non-profits, managed services providers, and for businesses that pre-purchase multiple year plans.
Looking for a quote? Contact our sales team here.
Is Employee Monitoring Software Legal?
The legality of employee monitoring depends entirely on regulations and other legislation that are specific to the organization, its industry, and the jurisdiction of its employees.
The recommended best practice is to have employees read and sign a technology in the workplace policy where they acknowledge that they are aware that their activity is being monitored.
An example of mandated employee consent can be seen in Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which requires that employers inform employees that they are being monitored in the workplace, why they are being monitored, how their data will be used, and the methods that will be used to monitor them (security cameras, employee computer monitoring software, etc).
How is the CurrentWare Suite Secured?
CurrentWare is committed to the security of its platform, its users and their data.
- All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s solutions is stored in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider; the data is not sent to CurrentWare.
- The web console cannot be accessed without a username and password. For an added layer of authentication security you can enable two-factor authentication.
- You can selectively enable/disable what data is tracked and delete old records automatically.
For a complete overview of the security measures that CurrentWare has in place, check out the CurrentWare platform security overview page.
Ready to give CurrentWare a try?
Fully functional. Easy to use. No credit card required.