& many more
and many more
Monitor Web and Application Usage
BrowseReporter makes tracking software utilization possible with its easy-to-use real-time reports and dashboards.
- Track SaaS and software usage on Windows computers to detect the use of unsafe or unproductive programs.
- Use the Windows software usage reports to improve software usage tracking in the workplace and better manage software licenses
- Use the drilldown dashboard to find out the utilization rate of specific pieces of software
Increase Productivity With Software Usage Tracking
64% of employees have reported using the internet for non-work reasons on a daily basis.
BrowseReporter’s software tracking tools provide the features you need to detect unproductive software usage and distracting websites.
- Detect & Block Apps: Combine BrowseReporter’s software usage tracking with BrowseControl to block apps from the internet & stop employees from using unproductive software applications.
- Fight Time Theft: Monitor app and website usage to ensure employees are engaged and productive rather than spending work time on personal activity, playing games, and browsing social media.
- Track Productivity: Show your employees how to be more productive at work by maintaining auditable records of unproductive software usage and internet browsing.
Employee Engagement: Monitor the computer activity of remote workers to ensure your remote workforce is engaged and that remote employees work at expected times.
Monitor Software Usage to Detect Shadow IT Before the Breach
Are your employees putting sensitive data at risk by using unapproved software and SaaS products?
With BrowseReporter’s software usage tracking tools you can monitor the use of software and cloud services for suspicious activity to ensure that the only authorized programs are used.
Data Loss Prevention: Protect customer data against data breaches to unauthorized cloud software application use and unmanaged vulnerabilities in shadow IT programs.
Workplace Piracy: Detect P2P file sharing programs to avoid costly litigation and data security vulnerabilities caused by employees using unlicensed software.
Suspicious Software: Improve your IT governance capabilities by monitoring your endpoints for unknown programs & see if software is being used that is not managed by the IT department.
Save Money With Successful Software Asset Management
9 out of 10 employees aren’t using all of the software provided to them. Why waste money on software products that aren’t being used ?
A software usage audit isn’t just about the cost savings, it improves your security too. Each additional piece of software increases the potential for hackers to exploit a zero-day vulnerability and steal your data.
- Stop App Sprawl: Identify underused solutions in your software stack and only keep paid licenses for the applications that truly matter.
- Save Money: Decommissioning underutilized software provides your organization with significant savings on software expenses.
- Track License Use: Optimize floating licenses and ensure compliance with license agreements with timestamped data of when applications are used each day
BrowseReporter’s Software Usage Analytics Reports & Dashboards
BrowseReporter’s software usage analytics provide detailed information into the time that your users spend using software, allowing you to understand the most and least used applications for each user, device, and department.
BrowseReporter tracks user activity time in real time on both desktop apps and websites, making it the easiest way to monitor web and application usage.
Top Computer Application Usage
- Check which applications your employees use the most during the work day
- Find employees that are using unsafe or unproductive applications
- Save money by finding out which applications are actually used and which ones can be decommissioned
Hourly Computer Application Usage
- Gain insights into the software usage habits of your employees
- Review app titles for greater context into how apps are being used
- Prioritize floating license availability by identifying peak app usage periods
Specific Application Usage
- Run reports based on a single application or a list of applications
- See how much time is spent using applications for specific users and departments
- Save money on underutilized software with genuine usage insights
The reporting feature offers accurate insights on internet activities in order to ensure compliance & organization policies are met. The offsite management feature makes it easy to monitor those working from home.
Carroline Achieng O., Sales Consultant
Absa Life Assurance, 10,001+ Employees
BrowseReporter is simple to use and provides our company with the information we were looking for. Having BrowseReporter installed has prevented any internet abuse. This was exactly what we wanted!
Denise P., IT Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 Employees
In my nearly 40 years in the IT business I’ve worked with a lot of support teams. I really appreciate CurrentWare going the extra mile to help me get the most out of the product. They’ve definitely outweighed any of the other competitors that I’ve looked at.
Jerry Slocum, Managed Services Provider
Haggerty Auto Group, 150-200 Employees
BrowseReporter is an extremely useful piece of software for monitoring our employees' devices while they are at work. It enables us to view data in real time, conduct detailed analyses of each employee's activities, and improve productivity where necessary.
Sebastian P., Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer
Retail Industry, 10,001+ Employees
The Benefits of Tracking Your Employee’s Usage of Software
Cast Light on Shadow IT
Shadow IT – also known as Stealth IT, Client IT, or Fake IT – is any system, solution, or software that’s used by the employees of an organization without the knowledge and approval of the corporate IT department.
BrowseReporter’s software usage reports lets you monitor software license usage based on devices, users, and workgroups such as organizational units (OUs) in Active Directory. It bolsters your software asset management program by showing you all of the programs that are currently being used by your organization, including those that have not been officially adopted.
With a clear picture of the software being used in your organization you will know which high-risk applications to block and what capabilities your workforce needs to be provided with.
Avoid Wasting Money on Unused Software
App/SaaS usage monitoring software is essential to ensure the solutions you invest in are still relevant and useful to your employees.
Make data-informed software procurement decisions with the help of genuine insights into the application usage of your employees. Track software license usage to determine whether you need to purchase new licenses for your current solutions or decommission underutilized software to reduce unnecessary costs.
BrowseReporter’s computer activity reports demonstrate how often software solutions are being used, how long they are being used for, and which employees are genuinely using them.
Internet usage reports allow you to identify how often online subscription-based accounts are being accessed so you can more effectively determine SaaS utilization levels in your organization.
Track Software Adoption Rates
When new tools are implemented it takes time for employees to develop the proficiency needed to get the most out of them. If a newly introduced tool is underutilized it may indicate that further training is required.
An organization can use BrowseReporter’s software usage report to discover which employees aren’t using a given piece of software due to insufficient knowledge and assign additional training.
Improve Employee Productivity
Throughout the day employees may be tempted to get distracted by computer games, social media, and other unproductive activities during working hours.
While a certain level of non-work computer usage can serve as a much needed mental break, it can easily become excessive so it’s worth implementing computer usage monitoring tools to keep an eye on productivity.
Managers can use employee tracking software to monitor work from home employees to understand if performance concerns are the result of repeat visits to distractions or if there are other concerns that need to be investigated.
Reduce Risk of Piracy in the Workplace
A failed software compliance audit can cost your organization as much as $150,000 in fines per violation. Your corporate risk management strategy needs to include preventative measures against piracy in the workplace.
Protect your business against failed compliance audits by tracking software license usage with BrowseReporter. Detect the usage of pirated or improperly licensed software to ensure that your organization is compliant with software license allowances.