& many more
and many more
Employee Internet Usage Monitoring with BrowseReporter
Enforcing Acceptable Internet Use Policies Has Never Been Easier
Our employee monitoring software gives you detailed evidence of web activity in your company, making it the perfect complement to existing internet use policies.
- Empower anti-harassment initiatives with evidence of employees that are visiting inappropriate websites at work
- Receive alerts when employees visit high-risk websites including porn, torrents, and unauthorized file sharing websites
- Combine BrowseReporter with BrowseControl Web Filter to block websites
Make Data-Informed Decisions With User Activity Tracking
BrowseReporter’s detailed employee internet usage reports provide managers with the activity data they need to understand how in-house and remote teams are spending their time at work.
- Identify actively disengaged employees that are wasting work time on social media, computer games, and other distractions
- Discover peaks and valleys in productivity and performance for your entire workforce, specific departments, and individual employees
- Find out when remote workers and other employees with flexible schedules are typically working the most
How Do Employers Monitor Internet Usage At Work?
Many companies use BrowseReporter for monitoring employees internet usage.
With BrowseReporter’s internet activity reports, Management and Human Resources can use employee internet usage data to make informed decisions when managing employee productivity and enforcing employee internet usage policies.
Real-Time Employee Computer
Activity Dashboards & Reports
BrowseReporter’s real-time user activity dashboards and reports give you the insights you need to identify productivity leaks, detect excessive bandwidth usage, reduce software costs, and improve business intelligence.
User Activity Dashboards
- Use the collected data to review aggregated results of your entire workforce or drill down to individual users
- Select the date range and activities you want to populate the dashboard with
- Use the activity log to review raw data; add/remove columns, sort data, and export to .XLSX or .PDF
Track Productive vs Unproductive Time
- View time spent on productive vs unproductive web browsing & app use
- Customize to what is considered productive in your organization
- Compare trends in aggregated & individual productivity over time
- Use IP-based location tracking to compare productivity levels between time spent in-office vs time spent working remotely
Idle Time Tracking
- Find out when remote employees are idling for too long or spending too much of their working hours on non-work related activities
- Customize idle time based on the last keyboard/mouse inputs
- Discover which departments or employees are the most active
- Detect bandwidth-hogging websites on your network
- Review bandwidth usage trends to inform network capacity planning
- See which individual users or groups have the greatest bandwidth usage
Track Website & Application Usage
- Detect the use of unauthorized software applications
- Track which apps & sites employees use solo, as a team, or as a company
- Determine software adoption rates with usage data for apps and SaaS sites
Take Screenshots Of Your Employees’ Desktops
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s desktops to see exactly what they're doing on their computers.
- The employee screenshot monitoring software feature can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer that was captured
Keep a Pulse on Team Activity in Real-Time
- Get high-level views of the recent activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Track your users’ most recent productivity, activity, availability status
The reporting feature offers accurate insights on internet activities in order to ensure compliance & organization policies are met. The offsite management feature makes it easy to monitor those working from home.
Carroline Achieng O., Sales Consultant
Absa Life Assurance, 10,001+ Employees
BrowseReporter is simple to use and provides our company with the information we were looking for. Having BrowseReporter installed has prevented any internet abuse. This was exactly what we wanted!
Denise P., IT Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 Employees
In my nearly 40 years in the IT business I’ve worked with a lot of support teams. I really appreciate CurrentWare going the extra mile to help me get the most out of the product. They’ve definitely outweighed any of the other competitors that I’ve looked at.
Jerry Slocum, Managed Services Provider
Haggerty Auto Group, 150-200 Employees
BrowseReporter is an extremely useful piece of software for monitoring our employees' devices while they are at work. It enables us to view data in real time, conduct detailed analyses of each employee's activities, and improve productivity where necessary.
Sebastian P., Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer
Retail Industry, 10,001+ Employees
Learn The Best Practices for Monitoring Employees
Follow these best practices to increase buy-in for employee monitoring. Learn how to create a monitoring strategy that is transparent, fair, and respectful of employee privacy.
Real-Time Employee and Computer Monitoring Features
Get Advanced Activity Insights
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
- Make informed decisions
- Enforce company policies
- Improve productivity
Block Harmful Websites
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
- Block URLs & categories
- Block unwanted apps
- Website allow & block lists
Stop Data Theft to USB Devices
AccessPatrol is USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
- Block USB devices
- USB file activity alerts
- Block file transfers
BrowseReporter Employee Monitoring Software FAQ
Are There Any Limits to the Free Trial?
The free trial is fully functional. You can deploy it on up to 10 devices for 14 days.
If you need more time or more devices to properly evaluate our web content filtering software solution in your organization, reach out to our team.
Here at CurrentWare we pride ourselves on our customer support. During and after your evaluation our team is here to help you over a phone call, live chat, or email. We will make sure that you get the best experience possible.
How much does BrowseReporter cost?
When purchased as a standalone solution, BrowseReporter costs $3.99 USD per license per month, paid annually.
The final costs depend on the number of licenses, how many years are purchased in advance, and other factors. For the most accurate costs, reach out to our sales team for a quote.
Will BrowseReporter Continue Monitoring Employees Internet Usage When They Leave the Network?
Yes. The employee computer monitoring software client agent that is installed on the employee’s computer has the ability to monitor computer activity and track productivity even if it does not have a connection with the CurrentWare Server.
When your employees disconnect from your network the client agent will store their activity and productivity data locally on the device. Once they reconnect to the network their data will be synced to the CurrentWare server.
Note: If you wish to get activity data from computers outside of the network they will need to be able to communicate with the CurrentWare Server. Once a connection is reestablished you will receive your employee’s computer usage data and any CurrentWare policy updates will take effect.
Will My Employees Know They Are Being Monitored?
Depending on the needs of your environment and the laws of your jurisdiction you can use our software to monitor employee computer activity with or without its transparency-enhancing features enabled.
Stealth Employee Monitoring
BrowseReporter operates in stealth mode by default.
In stealth mode, the CurrentWare Client is not visible in the system tray or control panel of the employee’s computer.
Transparent Employee Monitoring
BrowseReporter’s optional transparency-boosting features make it the best computer monitoring software for being transparent about tracking employee computer activity.
These features helps your teams remain aware that their computer activity is being monitored in the workplace.
- Monitoring Notifications: Display a custom message that periodically reminds your employees that their internet and application activity is being monitored by BrowseReporter
- Show In System Tray: Enable this feature to make the CurrentWare Client visible in the system tray of your employee’s computers.
- End-User Reports: Enable this feature to give your employees access to their own computer activity data. This lets them see exactly what internet and application usage data is being shared.
Learn More: Best Practices for Monitoring Employees
Is It Legal to Use Employee Monitoring Software?
When determining how employee monitoring software will be used with the teams in your organization it is important to understand the potential privacy implications for your employees and what factors influence your right to monitor employee computer activity.
Depending on your jurisdiction and the jurisdiction of your employees you may have legal obligations to fulfill before monitoring employees in the workplace. The best practice is to consult with a legal professional first.
Most workplace privacy and employee monitoring laws require you to be transparent about data collection. This includes informing employees about what is being monitored, how their data will be protected, and how it will be used.
Typically this disclosure if provided in an employee manual, workplace monitoring policy, or acceptable use policy.
Get a FREE Template: Workplace Monitoring Policy (Employee Monitoring Policy)
The best computer monitoring software helps you meet your privacy requirements with privacy-enhancing features such as alerting your users that their computer activity is being monitored.
Does CurrentWare have access to my employee's activity reports?
No, CurrentWare cannot access your employee’s computer monitoring data. CurrentWare’s software does not send your user’s computer usage data to CurrentWare. They are installed and managed by your organization.
With CurrentWare’s on-premises & self-managed cloud deployment options, you’re in complete control of your data.
- Sensitive employee data stays secured to your standards rather than being sent to a third party.
- Maintain data localization and residency compliance requirements by keeping employee data exactly where it needs to be.
- Retain auditable records of user activity for as long as you need
For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
Can I Use BrowseReporter for My Remote Team?
Yes. BrowseReporter is a remote employee monitoring software that supports a variety of deployment options that allow companies to track remote teams.
Using BrowseReporter you can monitor employee computer activity no matter where each team member works. To learn more about monitoring remote workers with BrowseReporter, visit this article: How to Set Up Remote Employee Monitoring Software
Can BrowseReporter Monitor User Activity on Citrix, Remote Desktop, and/or Terminal Server?
Yes. The CurrentWare Suite is supported on desktop computers, virtual machines (VMs), and servers running modern versions of the Windows operating system.
You can install the CurrentWare Clients on your Citrix Workspace running Windows. In addition, all CurrentWare components are compatible with Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Terminal Servers (TS).
When monitoring employees in Citrix with CurrentWare you can track computer activities with PC Mode to track the individual virtual machine or with User Mode to track the activities of specific employees across multiple devices and/or virtual machines.
Monitoring and managing your end-users with CurrentWare in a Terminal Services environment works similarly. The exception is that in a Terminal Server/Terminal Services environment the server will be registered as an individual endpoint; when you run a report from PC mode it will give you a report on all the users’ profiles in a single report.
How Can I Start Monitoring My Employees’ Computers?
Monitoring employee computer activity is as simple as deploying employee computer use monitoring software on their computers.
You can start monitoring your employees’ productivity and computer usage today with a FREE trial of BrowseReporter; simply follow these steps.
- Download & install BrowseReporter
Download the files for your free employee monitoring software trial. On the administrator’s computer, run CurrentWare.exe to begin your installation.
- Deploy the software clients
Deploy the CurrentWare Client (cwClientSetup.exe) on all the computers you want to monitor. You can deploy the client with a local install or by using Active Directory, SCCM, or our built-in remote deployment tool.
- Monitor employee productivity
After installing the employee monitoring tools, you will see all of your employee’s computers on the CurrentWare Console. From this console you can generate detailed reports on all of your employees’ computer activities including internet and application usage.
Who Uses This Employee Monitoring Software?
CurrentWare has a global client base with companies across a variety of industries including government, healthcare, finance, nonprofit, and manufacturing.
CurrentWare helps its customers protect their business against time theft, lost productivity, data leakage, and web-based threats by monitoring and controlling computer usage.
Read our employee monitoring software customer case studies to learn more.
How Do Employers Monitor Internet Usage at Work?
Employers use employee internet usage monitoring software such as BrowseReporter to monitor internet usage at work. With these monitoring tools, employers can see the exact websites that employees visit and how much time was spent browsing the internet.
Will BrowseReporter Track Web Browsing When Users Uses Private Browsing Modes or Delete Their Browsing History?
Yes. BrowseReporter’s software client collects user activity data independent of the browser’s browsing history.
Internet browsing data will remain intact for use in reports and dashboards even if the user deletes their web browsing history in their browser or uses a private browsing function such as Incognito Mode On Google Chrome, Private Browsing On Mozilla Firefox, and InPrivate Browsing Window On Microsoft Edge.
Is This a Cloud Product?
How is the CurrentWare Suite Secured?
CurrentWare is committed to the security of its platform, its users and their data.
- All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s solutions is stored in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider; the data is not sent to CurrentWare.
- The web console cannot be accessed without a username and password. For an added layer of authentication security you can enable two-factor authentication.
- You can selectively enable/disable what data is tracked and delete old records automatically.
For a complete overview of the security measures that CurrentWare has in place, check out the CurrentWare platform security overview page.
Try BrowseReporter for Free
Fully functional. Easy to use. Install in minutes.