How to Monitor Employee Internet Usage
BrowseReporter is a powerful internet usage monitor software that accurately monitors and reports employees’ computer activities.
“CurrentWare is the most important tool in my company for increasing my employees’ productivity!”
Stanley, IT Director, KRUPS INC.
Track Internet Activities
Record Application Usage
Remote Screen Capture
Automated Email Reports
Work from Home
Employee Monitoring with BrowseReporter
Companies ranging from small businesses to large enterprises use BrowseReporter to identify users who are browsing social media, causing network congestion by abusing company bandwidth, visiting inappropriate websites, or using unauthorized software on company computers.
With BrowseReporter’s comprehensive internet monitoring reports, Management and Human Resources can make data-driven decisions when conducting performance reviews and provide insightful coaching to address gaps in employee productivity and workplace standards compliance.
How does BrowseReporter work?
1. CurrentWare Client
Easily deploy our Client on your employees’ computers to start tracking their website and application usage activities using our installer or Active Directory.
2. CurrentWare Server
Data tracked by the Client is uploaded to the Server database for storage. This is an on-premise Server for increased security and storage flexibility.
3. CurrentWare Console
Choose from 20+ reports to run from. Get answers to questions such as “Which websites are my users distracted by?” and “Who are my top performers?”
Installing BrowseReporter - Employee Monitoring Software
Setup File Contents:
- CurrentWare.exe: cwServer & cwConsole setup
- cwClientSetup.exe: CurrentWare Client Setup File
On the Manager’s computer, install the CurrentWare Console
- Run the CurrentWare.exe setup file.
- Select BrowseReporter.
- The Installer will proceed to install the CurrentWare Server, Console and BrowseReporter onto the Manager's computer.
On the employees' computers, install the CurrentWare Client
- Run the client setup file on your employee's computers.
- Connect PCs to the CurrentWare Server.
- Your employee's Internet activities are now being tracked by BrowseReporter.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on all computers.
Return to the Manager’s PC, launch the CurrentWare Console
- Under the BrowseReporter menu, click on "Run Report".
- Select your desired report type.
- Select the computers or users.
- Click the “Run Report” button to see your report.
Employee Monitoring Reports
BrowseReporter offers more than 20 unique Internet, bandwidth, and computer application usage reports, giving you access to the data you need on-demand or at scheduled intervals. Review employee browsing habits to identify productivity leaks, detect excessive bandwidth usage, and attempts to access inappropriate or unsafe content.
Sites Visited Report
Review your employee's Internet activities. This report is the master log file of your users' browsing history, giving you critical insights into unproductive web browsing habits and time sinks.
See what portion of your employee's days are spent on unproductive websites. Use the predefined productive/unproductive classifications or customize them to suit what's considered productive for your employees and your organization.
Total Browsing Time
Get a list of all your users' total browsing time to identify which user has been browsing on the Internet the most. Identify top Internet users from your organization based on groups.
Search Engine Keywords
Ensure that company search engine activity is relevant. Review the search terms used by employees within your organization, the dates and times they searched, and the search engines used.
Bandwidth Usage (URL Listing)
See the bandwidth activity for each website that your users have visited and discovered which domains they spent most of the bandwidth browsing on.
How do you monitor your employees while respecting their privacy?
- Be transparent about employee monitoring. Employers should notify their employees of internet monitoring through acceptable use policies, team meetings, and periodic reminders.
- Not monitor more than necessary. Employers should use the least invasive method of monitoring that fulfills the goals of the business.
- Protect employee monitoring data. The internet usage data of employees may be sensitive. Employers should protect this data the same way they would treat other sensitive data.
Detailed Internet Activity Reports
Intuitive and Comprehensive Employee Monitoring Data
BrowseReporter provides an easy to use reporting utility that generates comprehensive reports. At a glance you can review the websites visited by your employees, the times they visited these websites, and the total duration spent on each website. For a full list of what you can track with BrowseReporter.
View your employee monitoring reports as a general summary for quick overviews, or switch to the detailed view for further insight.
You can customize the data presented in your reports based on time, date, individual users and specific computers.
Get Started with BrowseReporter for Free
“Since we’ve let employees work from home we’ve had to have them connect remotely to the office. Thanks to BrowseReporter we know exactly what they’re doing during work hours.”
– Aaron Siegel, Network Administrator, Sessions & Kimball LLP