How to Monitor Employee Internet Usage
Use BrowseReporter to identify productivity leaks and provide data-driven productivity coaching.
BrowseReporter operates in stealth mode, allowing you to discreetly capture the URLs of every web site your employees visit and generate tabular or visual reports with its powerful integrated reporting utility.
How does BrowseReporter's Internet Usage Monitor work?
Employee Monitoring with BrowseReporter
In this page, we will show you how to monitor the Internet usage of employees using BrowseReporter, CurrentWare's employee monitoring software.
Companies ranging from small businesses to large enterprises use BrowseReporter to identify users who are browsing social media, causing network congestion by abusing company bandwidth, visiting inappropriate websites, or using unauthorized software on company computers.
With BrowseReporter's comprehensive internet monitoring reports, Management and Human Resources can make data-driven decisions when conducting performance reviews and provide insightful coaching to address gaps in employee productivity and workplace standards compliance.
On the Manager’s computer, install the CurrentWare Console
- Run the setup file. (CurrentWare.exe)
- Select BrowseReporter
- The Installer will proceed to install the CurrentWare Server, Console and BrowseReporter onto the Manager's computer.
On the employees' computers, install the CurrentWare Client
- Take the CurrentWare Client setup file (cwClientSetup.exe) and run it on the client computer.
- The installer will ask you for the name of the computer with the CurrentWare Console installed. This will establish a connection with the manager's computer..
- After the CurrentWare Client is installed, it will connect to your CurrentWare Console automatically.
- Your employee's Internet activities are now being tracked by BrowseReporter.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on all the computers you would like to monitor for Internet usage.
Return to the Manager’s PC, launch the CurrentWare Console
- Under the BrowseReporter menu, click on "Run Report".
- Select your desired report type
- Select the computer/user you would like a report of
- Select the desired sorting method, order, and date range for your report and click “Run Report”
Intuitive and Comprehensive Employee Monitoring Data
BrowseReporter provides an easy to use reporting utility that generates comprehensive reports. At a glance you can review the websites visited by your employees, the times they visited these websites, and the total duration spent on each website. For a full list of what you can track with BrowseReporter, see our sample reports.
View your employee monitoring reports as a general summary for quick overviews, or switch to the detailed view for further insight.
You can customize the data presented in your reports based on time, date, individual users and specific computers.
Employee Monitoring Report Samples
BrowseReporter offers 18 unique Internet, bandwidth, and computer application usage reports, giving you access to the data you need on-demand or at scheduled intervals. Discretely review employee browsing habits to identify productivity leaks, detect excessive bandwidth usage, and attempts to access inappropriate or unsafe content.
Access reports on-demand, or automate your employee monitoring with BrowseReporter's scheduling and delivery features. Automatically generate your reports when you want them with scheduled email deliveries to human resources and management teams.