How to Block Facebook with BrowseControl
BrowseControl is an easy to use Internet Control Software that restricts Internet access and enforces Internet usage policies across your network.
Take control of your network’s Internet access by using BrowseControl Web Filter to enforce different Internet restriction policies on a computer or user basis.
How does it work?
Let's get started!
On this page, we will show you how to use BrowseControl web filter to block social media (like Facebook, twitter and reddit) on your employee's computers.
Before you begin: You will need to download the CurrentWare BrowseControlSetup File
On the Manager’s computer, install the CurrentWare Console
- Run the setup file
- Select BrowseControl and Category Filtering
- The Installer will proceed to install the CurrentWare Server, Console and BrowseControl onto your computer
On the employee’s computers, install the CurrentWare Clients
- Take the CurrentWare Client setup file and run it on the client computer.
- The installer will ask you for the computer name of the CurrentWare Console to establish a connection.
- After the CurrentWare Client is installed, it will connect to your CurrentWare Console automatically.
- Repeat step 1-3 on all the computers you want to control the Internet.
Return to the Manager’s PC, launch the CurrentWare Console
To Block Facebook
- Set “Internet” to “On”
- Go to “URL Filter”
- Add “facebook.com” to the Blocked List
- Go to "Category Filtering"
- Add "Social Media" to the Category Blocked list