& many more
and many more
The Benefits of Monitoring Employees
Enforce Computer Use Policies
An employee computer use policy helps ensure that your team members are aware of their responsibilities, but it’s not enough.
To make your policies truly effective you need visibility into which employees are visiting high-risk, inappropriate, or unproductive websites.
Find Bandwidth Hogs On Your Network
Are bandwidth upgrades necessary, or is an employee’s misuse of the internet what’s causing bottlenecks?
With CurrentWare's bandwidth monitoring features you can identify bandwidth hogs in your network, then block them to reduce unnecessary strain on your network’s bandwidth.
Manage Employee Productivity
While occasional web surfing might be okay so long as employees are getting their work done, workplace internet abuse can be a serious detriment to productivity.
The productivity insights provided by employee computer monitoring software allows you to identify inefficiencies so you can optimize work processes.
Protect Your Business From Liability Risks
Detect Software Piracy
Ensure only legitimately licensed software is being used on company computers.
Stop Workplace Harassment
Collect evidence of employees accessing pornographic, hateful, or crude websites at work.
Improve Visibility of Remote Workers
Identify poor performers, improve visibility into employee productivity, and provide high-performers an opportunity to demonstrate their efforts.
Using BrowseReporter’s productivity by location reports you can analyze employee productivity trends to see where they thrive and verify attendance.
Save Money on Unused Software
36% of desktop software & 29% of SaaS spend is underutilized or wasted!
Track SaaS and desktop software usage to uncover insights into what applications can be decommissioned, consolidated, or reduced
Real-Time Employee Computer
Activity Dashboards & Reports
BrowseReporter’s real-time user activity dashboards and reports give you the insights you need to identify productivity leaks, detect excessive bandwidth usage, reduce software costs, and improve business intelligence.
User Activity Dashboards
- Use the collected data to review aggregated results of your entire workforce or drill down to individual users
- Select the date range and activities you want to populate the dashboard with
- Use the activity log to review raw data; add/remove columns, sort data, and export to .XLSX or .PDF
Track Productive vs Unproductive Time
- View time spent on productive vs unproductive web browsing & app use
- Customize to what is considered productive in your organization
- Compare trends in aggregated & individual productivity over time
- Use IP-based location tracking to compare productivity levels between time spent in-office vs time spent working remotely
Idle Time Tracking
- Find out when remote employees are idling for too long or spending too much of their working hours on non-work related activities
- Customize idle time based on the last keyboard/mouse inputs
- Discover which departments or employees are the most active
- Detect bandwidth-hogging websites on your network
- Review bandwidth usage trends to inform network capacity planning
- See which individual users or groups have the greatest bandwidth usage
Track Website & Application Usage
- Detect the use of unauthorized software applications
- Track which apps & sites employees use solo, as a team, or as a company
- Determine software adoption rates with usage data for apps and SaaS sites
Take Screenshots Of Your Employees’ Desktops
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s desktops to see exactly what they're doing on their computers.
- The employee screenshot monitoring software feature can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer that was captured
Keep a Pulse on Team Activity in Real-Time
- Get high-level views of the recent activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Track your users’ most recent productivity, activity, availability status
Employee Monitoring Software Features to Improve Transparency & Respect Privacy
The best computer monitoring software provides the flexibility you need to monitor computer activity while respecting privacy expectations. Here are some of the best privacy and security enhancing features of CurrentWare.
Give your users access to their own computer activity data so they can see exactly what data is being captured and use it for their benefit.
Custom Data Retention
Automatically delete user activity data after a set period of time. Maintain auditable records of computer usage and time tracking for only as long as needed.
Monitoring Software Notifications
Periodically display a pop-up message to notify your users that their computer activity is being monitored. The notification's message can be customized.
Show in System Tray
Enable this feature to make the CurrentWare Client visible in the system tray of your users' computers.
Limit Access to User Data
Restrict access to user activity data with a password-protected console and unique data access permissions for each manager.
Schedule BrowseReporter’s computer tracking to only collect data during work time. Turn off monitoring during non-work hours and personal browsing periods.
Disable Computer Tracking
Take full control over what is being monitored with controls for choosing what is captured and excluding specific users from being monitored.
Admin Activity Logs
These audit logs help your security, auditing, and compliance teams answer “who did what, where, and when?” when it comes to configuration changes and data access within the CurrentWare Suite.
Learn The Best Practices for Monitoring Employees
Follow these best practices to increase buy-in for employee monitoring. Learn how to create a monitoring strategy that is transparent, fair, and respectful of employee privacy.
CurrentWare Employee Surveillance Software FAQ
Does CurrentWare Have Access To Employee Data?
No, CurrentWare cannot access your employee’s computer monitoring data. CurrentWare’s employee surveillance software does not send your user’s computer usage data to CurrentWare. They are installed and managed by your organization.
With CurrentWare’s on-premises & self-managed cloud deployment options, you’re in complete control of your data.
- Sensitive employee data stays secured to your standards rather than being sent to a third party.
- Maintain data localization and residency compliance requirements by keeping employee data exactly where it needs to be.
- Retain auditable records of user activity for as long as you need
For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
Is This a Cloud Product?
Will CurrentWare Track Web Browsing When Users Uses Private Browsing Modes or Delete Their Browsing History?
Yes. CurrentWare’s employee surveillance software client collects user activity data independent of the browser’s browsing history.
Internet browsing data will remain intact for use in reports and dashboards even if the user deletes their web browsing history in their browser or uses a private browsing function such as Incognito Mode On Google Chrome, Private Browsing On Mozilla Firefox, and InPrivate Browsing Window On Microsoft Edge.
What Is Employee Monitoring Software?
Employee monitoring software is an app that tracks employee computer activity. The goal of employee computer monitoring software is to improve productivity and efficiency by using activity data to better understand how a workforce operates. This data is used to track time spent on projects, identify time spent on unproductive activities, and increase the visibility of a remote workforce.
Does CurrentWare Work With Remote Workers?
Yes. CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software allows you to monitor remote workers through a variety of deployment options such as an offsite mode that works without access to the internet, connecting through a VPN, port forwarding, or by installing it on a cloud platform of your choice.
Who Uses Employee Monitoring Software?
Employee computer monitoring software is used by a wide variety of industries. It is most commonly found in industries that are required to monitor employee computer activity for data security compliance purposes. Examples of common industries include financial services, government, and health care.
What Are the Benefits of Employee Monitoring Software?
- Improve Productivity: Employee computer activity data provides managers with the insights they need to make informed productivity management decisions. This includes identifying disengaged employees, balancing workloads, and optimizing work processes.
- Manage Risks: Monitoring employee computer activity helps limit legal liability and reduces cybersecurity risks by ensuring that acceptable use policies are being followed.
- Save Money: Employee computer monitoring software provides valuable workforce analytics data. This data can be used to reduce software wastage, detect time theft, and improve operational efficiency.
Learn More: Benefits of Employee Tracking Software
Are There Any Limits To The Free Trial?
The free trial for all of CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software solutions are fully functional. You can deploy it on up to 10 computers for 14 days. If you need more time or more computers to properly evaluate CurrentWare in your organization, reach out to our sales team.
How Much Does CurrentWare Cost?
CurrentWare’s solutions can be purchased individually for the greatest flexibility or as a bundle for the best value.
When purchased individually, the cost of BrowseReporter, BrowseControl, and AccessPatrol start at $3.99 USD per user per month (paid annually).
Volume license discounts are available starting for as low as 100 users, with discounts increasing depending on the number of licenses.
There are additional discounts available for educational organizations, non-profits, managed services providers, and for businesses that pre-purchase multiple year plans.
Looking for a quote? Contact our sales team here.
Is Stealth Monitoring Software Legal?
The legality of employee monitoring depends entirely on regulations and other legislation that are specific to the organization, its industry, and the jurisdiction of its employees.
The recommended best practice is to have employees read and sign a technology in the workplace policy where they acknowledge that they are aware that their activity is being monitored.
An example of mandated employee consent can be seen in Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which requires that employers inform employees that they are being monitored in the workplace, why they are being monitored, how their data will be used, and the methods that will be used to monitor them (security cameras, employee computer monitoring software, etc).
In the majority of jurisdictions using stealth monitoring software without the informed consent of employees will be against workplace privacy laws.