& many more
and many more
Allow Trusted USB Storage Devices & Other Peripherals
- Allow authorized devices to be used on specific computers or by specific users
- Remove support bottlenecks by providing super users with unrestricted device use
- Control the flow of sensitive data by limiting USB storage device use and monitoring USB file transfers
- Add authorized devices based on vendor ID, serial number, and PNP device ID
Temporarily Bypass Device Control Security Settings
Want to temporarily provide unrestricted USB flash drive use on a specific endpoint? Use AccessPatrol’s Access Code Generator to provide a time-limited bypass of AccessPatrol’s device policy settings.
- Works on remote computers, even without an internet connection
- Balance security and productivity by providing limited access for edge-cases such as trusted vendors and other third-parties
- Access codes are single-use, unique to a specific computer, and automatically expire to prevent misuse
Manage USB Security From a Convenient Central Console
CurrentWare’s centralized management console makes managing your in-house and remote workforce simple and convenient. Customized USB permissions based on groups of computers or users.
Generate user activity reports and remotely manage USB control policies all from the central CurrentWare web console.
The web console can be installed on various editions of Windows server, Windows 8.1, as well as Windows 10 or 11 Pro/Enterprise
Monitor USB Activity for Suspicious & High-risk Behavior
AccessPatrol’s USB device control features include a USB activity monitor for increased visibility into high-risk data transfers.
- Receive real time email alerts when employees violate your endpoint security policies
- Audit file operations reports to see files that have been copied, created, deleted, or renamed on removable devices
- Review USB activity logs to trace data breaches back to their source
- Get information on USB activity with device classes, descriptions, allow/block status, timestamps, and the computer/user that used the specific device
Why Use USB Device Control Solutions?
As part of a multi-layered data loss prevention strategy you will need security controls to protect data against theft to USB storage.
AccessPatrol’s USB blocking tool provides the critical security controls you need to prevent employees, guests, and contractors from stealing sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII), trade secrets, and financial records.
- USB Security: Block unauthorized devices as a critical security control for enforcing your removable media policy. Prevent installation of apps via flash drives and protect sensitive data against theft.
- Prevent Data Breaches: Flash drives are portable and easy to hide. AccessPatrol’s technical safeguards stop insider threats from transferring data to all forms of removable media.
- Endpoint Security: USB devices can unknowingly infect company computers with ransomware and other malicious software. Disable USB ports to mitigate this security risk.
AccessPatrol’s Device Permissions
AccessPatrol lets administrators easily control device access permissions for the users and endpoints in their network by assigning Full Access, Read Only, and No Access device control policies.
AccessPatrol’s USB blocker will continue to enforce data protection policies even when managed devices lose connection to the CurrentWare server, allowing users to be monitored and managed when they are working offline or on another network.
- Full Access: The computer or user with this access permission can read and write to the specified removable device that is connected to the computer.
- Read Only: The computer or user with this access permission can only read the information from the specified external device that is connected to the computer. The user will not be able to copy any information to the specified external device. The read access only option is only available to storage devices.
- No Access: The computer or user with this access permission cannot read or write to the specified external devices that are connected to the computer.
AccessPatrol’s USB Control & Data Loss Prevention Features
Block USB & Other Devices
Set full access, read only or no access on storage devices
Allow only authorized storage devices to be used
Block File Transfers
Prevent files from being transferred to portable storage
Access Code Generator
Provide temporary access to peripheral devices
DLP Activity Reports
Track file transfers, storage device use, file operations, and more
File Transfer Monitoring
Monitor files that are copied to USBs, cloud storage, and more
Alerts & Reports
Automatically send USB activity reports to designated inboxes
Transparent & Stealth Modes
Run silently in the background or provide notice of monitoring
Manage all your users from the
centralized console with Active
Directory import or syncing
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
Extend onsite Internet usage
policies to laptops running outside
the corporate network
SQL Server Supported
Database scaled for enterprise and
large business operations using
Microsoft SQL Server