Monitor Bandwidth Usage Per Computer
BrowseReporter is a valuable bandwidth monitoring tool for Windows endpoints.
Bandwidth usage data is presented in intuitive real-time reports and dashboards, allowing admins to detect bandwidth hogs and optimize network performance with ease—even on Terminal Server and Remote Desktop Services!
& many more
and many more
Streaming videos from Netflix can consume up to 7GB of data per hour. Employees that misuse the internet in their workplace aren’t only harming their own productivity, they also strain the available bandwidth and make network speeds slower for their coworkers.
- Reduce latency by monitoring your network for users and computers that are abusing IT infrastructure.
- Get real time visibility into how much bandwidth is being used to determine whether upgrades are truly necessary or if slow internet speeds are caused by too much bandwidth being used inappropriately.
- Detect unexpected bandwidth spikes caused by dangerous P2P file sharing programs and malicious software.
Why Use Bandwidth Monitoring Software?
Bandwidth monitoring tools are critical for diagnosing network latency, identifying employees that are hogging bandwidth, and determining whether or not costly network upgrades are necessary.
Problems Caused by Bandwidth Abuse:
- Lost VoIP/video conferencing connections.
- Lost productivity from high network latency.
- Limitations to business processes due to reduced reliability of internet connectivity.
- Network crashes from excessive overloading.
The most common bandwidth hogs are video and music streaming services as well as large file transfers through torrenting, cloud services, and emails.
Monitoring bandwidth consumption of the users, websites, and devices in your network gives you the historical data you need to optimize bandwidth availability and boost network performance.
How To Check Bandwidth Usage Per Computer
With BrowseReporter’s client installed on each endpoint, network administrators can easily check bandwidth usage for each user, device, and workgroup in the organization.
- By User: Track the amount of bandwidth sent and received by each user to discover who is using the most bandwidth.
- By Computer: BrowseReporter allows you to check bandwidth usage per computer, allowing you to identify computers that may be infected with viruses.
- By Group: Users can be sorted into groups such as departments, workgroups, and other organizational units. CurrentWare supports Active Directory for easy group management.
BrowseReporter provide insights into both the upstream and downstream data usage within the network.
The bandwidth reports indicate data consumption from specific websites, providing the insights needed for discovering which commonly abused websites can be blocked to improve internet speeds.
Real-Time Employee and Computer Monitoring Features
Stealth & Transparent Modes
The software can run silently in the background or be configured to alert users
Manage all your users from the
centralized console with Active
Directory import or syncing
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
SQL Server Supported
Database scaled for enterprise and
large business operations using
Microsoft SQL Server