How To Prevent Files From Being Copied To USB Devices
With AccessPatrol’s USB drive file transfer blocker you can prevent files from being transferred to a USB flash drive based on filename, extension, or removable device type.
AccessPatrol is a USB locker tool that prevents data theft via USB ports by restricting removable storage access and limiting the file types that can be copied to removable disks.
- Prevent copying files that are high-risk based on their filename, keywords in the filename, or file extension
- Restrict file transfers to external storage devices
- Manage custom file blocking policies for each department and endpoint device
- Enable the Allowed List to limit data transfers to storage devices to a set list of filetypes and filename keywords
Why Use a USB blocker?
- USB Security: Enforce the exclusive use of authorized USB drives. Combine AccessPatrol’s software-based policies with existing administrative safeguards to prevent employees from using personal USB drives.
- Prevent Data Breaches: A flash drive is portable and easy to hide. AccessPatrol’s technical safeguards stop insider threats from transferring sensitive data to all forms of removable media.
The Types of Devices You Can Control With AccessPatrol
As part of a multi-layered data loss prevention strategy you need to protect against any storage devices and peripherals that are capable of transmitting data such as a USB drive, Bluetooth, SD/MM cards, and Infrared ports.
AccessPatrol allows you to apply access rules for multiple classes of removable devices to prevent data loss and other security threats.
AccessPatrol’s USB Drive Device Permission Settings
AccessPatrol includes various permission settings that a system administrator can use to improve data security without the need to use administrative templates in the local group policy editor.
- Full Access: The computer or user with this access permission has read and write access to the specified removable device that is connected to the computer.
- Read Only: USB copy protection will ensure that the user will not be able to copy any information to the specified storage devices; they will only have read access.
- No Access: AccessPatrol will prevent the users/PC from copying files to the storage devices and restrict access
Try AccessPatrol for Free
Fully functional. Easy to use. Install in minutes.