& many more
and many more
Block File Transfers to Portable Storage Devices
AccessPatrol is a USB locker tool that prevents data theft via USB ports by restricting removable storage access and limiting the file types that can be copied to removable disks.
- Prevent copying files that are high-risk based on their filename, keywords in the filename, or file extension
- Restrict file transfers to external storage devices
- Manage custom file blocking policies for each department and endpoint device
- Enable the Allowed List to limit data transfers to storage devices to a set list of filetypes and filename keywords
Why Use a USB blocker?
- USB Security: Enforce the exclusive use of authorized USB drives. Combine AccessPatrol’s software-based policies with existing administrative safeguards to prevent employees from using personal USB drives.
- Prevent Data Breaches: A flash drive is portable and easy to hide. AccessPatrol’s technical safeguards stop insider threats from transferring sensitive data to all forms of removable media.
The Types of Devices You Can Control With AccessPatrol
As part of a multi-layered data loss prevention strategy you need to protect against any storage devices and peripherals that are capable of transmitting data such as a USB drive, Bluetooth, SD/MM cards, and Infrared ports.
AccessPatrol allows you to apply access rules for multiple classes of removable devices to prevent data loss and other security threats.
AccessPatrol’s USB Drive Device Permission Settings
AccessPatrol includes various permission settings that a system administrator can use to improve data security without the need to use administrative templates in the local group policy editor.
- Full Access: The computer or user with this access permission has read and write access to the specified removable device that is connected to the computer.
- Read Only: USB copy protection will ensure that the user will not be able to copy any information to the specified storage devices; they will only have read access.
- No Access: AccessPatrol will prevent the users/PC from copying files to the storage devices and restrict access
Prevent Data Loss to Cloud Storage Services
Having sensitive data stored on unmanaged cloud services is a significant risk. Control access to cloud apps and websites with CurrentWare.
- Prevent malicious insiders from accessing cloud storage websites and apps
- Block the downloading and uploading of specific file types
- Track file transfers to/from cloud storage services for evidence of insider threats
AccessPatrol’s USB Control & Data Loss Prevention Features
Block USB & Other Devices
Set full access, read only or no access on storage devices
Allow only authorized storage devices to be used
Block File Transfers
Prevent files from being transferred to portable storage
Access Code Generator
Provide temporary access to peripheral devices
DLP Activity Reports
Track file transfers, storage device use, file operations, and more
File Transfer Monitoring
Monitor files that are copied to USBs, cloud storage, and more
Alerts & Reports
Automatically send USB activity reports to designated inboxes
Transparent & Stealth Modes
Run silently in the background or provide notice of monitoring
Manage all your users from the
centralized console with Active
Directory import or syncing
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
Extend onsite Internet usage
policies to laptops running outside
the corporate network
SQL Server Supported
Database scaled for enterprise and
large business operations using
Microsoft SQL Server