& many more
and many more
The Benefits of Blocking Websites With BrowseControl Website Blocker
Website blocking with BrowseControl gives you full control over internet and app usage in your organization.
BrowseControl’s client agent will keep track of the list of websites and apps you want to block for each group of users
or computers, ensuring it blocks across all of your managed devices.
Enforce Acceptable Computer Use Policies
- Policy Reminders: Redirect users from restricted websites to your internet use policy or a custom block page
- Block Websites: Prevent access to websites that go against your acceptable computer use policies
- Non-Compliance Alerts: Combine BrowseControl with BrowseReporter internet use monitoring software to get alerts of policy violations
Block Bandwidth Hogs to Improve Network Availability
- Block Bandwidth Hogs: Block Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other unproductive bandwidth hogs
- Restrict Unproductive Sites: Reduce unproductive web browsing to ensure bandwidth availability for work tasks
- Discretionary Access: Selectively allow access to high-bandwidth sites on an as-needed basis
Reduce Distractions to Improve Employee Productivity
- Improve Focus: Block distracting websites and apps to keep your users focused on their tasks
- Custom Internet Policies: Apply different policies for group of users or computers to avoid bottlenecks
- Control Tech Use: Combine with BrowseReporter computer monitoring software for advanced awareness and control over technology usage
Protect Your Business From Compliance & Liability Risks
- Prevent Software Piracy: Use the app blocker to prevent employees from launching specific applications
- Block Inappropriate Content: Prevent users from accessing pornographic, hateful, or crude websites at work or school
- Meet Compliance Requirements: Control internet use to secure your network against web-based threats and data loss to cloud storage sites/apps
Protect Against Web Security Threats
- Download Blocker: Block file downloads such as executables, zipped files, and videos from the internet
- Internet Off: Block the entire internet from being browsed for specific computers or employees
- Malware Protection: Block malicious and high-risk websites with our frequently updated category filtering database
Prevent Data Theft & Leakage
- Cloud DLP: Block unsanctioned cloud storage apps and sites to prevent employee data theft
- Port Filtering: Block ports used for FTP, SCP, SFTP, etc. to prevent data from leaving the network
- Block High-Risk Sites: Block other potential data egress points such as personal email platforms, torrenting sites, etc
Shady Maple Transforms Their Productivity With Internet Filtering & Employee Computer Monitoring Software
“Being able to identify negative browsing trends and put a stop to them within a couple of hours has meant that our employees are focused on the job almost all of the time. We have become an extremely efficient workforce.”
What Makes BrowseControl the Best Internet Blocker?
BrowseControl’s simplicity, flexibility, and affordability make it the best website blocker for businesses, schools, and libraries
Check Out Our Great Reviews
As a 'novice' I was able to set up with help from support in about an hour. Previous software took forever and didn't work as advertised. This software worked right out of the box.
Dr. Gerard B, Office Manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
This software was easy to install and customize to our needs. Category Filtering is such a time saver and of course saving time is saving money!
Scott S, Senior Systems Engineer
Maritime Industry, 201-500 Employees
BrowseControl is the best software for internet filtering. We can block specific websites and applications...[being able to] add and remove the restrictions instantly is a great feature. They have a great customer support to solve our queries.
Ajoob S, Engineer
Chemical Industry, 501-1000 Employees
In my nearly 40 years in the IT business I’ve worked with a lot of support teams. I really appreciate CurrentWare going the extra mile to help me get the most out of the product. They’ve definitely outweighed any of the other competitors that I’ve looked at.
Jerry Slocum, Managed Services Provider
Haggerty Auto Group, 150-200 Employees
BrowseControl Web Filtering Features
Block websites based on specific web content categories
Allowed list or Blocked list for
Block specific Windows
applications from launching
Prevent uploading and downloading based on file type
Close unused and high-risk
Display a customized warning
message on blocked websites
Google Safe Search
Search engine filters prevent explicit results in search engines
Schedule internet access and control browsing based on time
Manage all your users from the
centralized console with Active
Directory import or syncing
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
Extend onsite Internet usage
policies to laptops running outside
the corporate network
SQL Server Supported
Database scaled for enterprise and
large business operations using
Microsoft SQL Server
BrowseControl Website Blocking Software FAQ
Is BrowseControl Suitable For Families?
No. CurrentWare’s software solutions are designed for businesses, schools, libraries, and other organizations. In other words, they are not suitable for parents that want parental control software for their child.
- The minimum order quantity is 10 licenses, which may not be feasible for parents with a limited number of devices for their child.
- BrowseControl starts at $3.99 USD per license per month; while this is advantageous pricing for a business environment, it may be cost prohibitive for parents that simply want a parental control web filtering service.
- All of CurrentWare’s solutions are developed with a business or educational environment in mind. As such, our development is not focused on managing child web use in the way a dedicated parental control software would be.
For software solutions that are more suited to families, please see the Best Parental Control Software reviews from PCMag.
Will the Website Blocker Continue to Filter Distracting and High-Risk Sites When Devices Leave the Network?
Yes. The client agent installed on the computers has the ability to block distracting and dangerous websites even if it does not have a connection with the CurrentWare Server.
The client agent stores and enforces BrowseControl’s restriction policies locally on the device.
The last known policies will continue to be enforced even if the endpoint loses connection to your network’s CurrentWare Server. This ensures that your policies remain in effect regardless of the network your employees or students use.
Note: If you wish to update policies or receive reports from client agents outside of the network they will need to be able to communicate with the CurrentWare Server.
Once a connection is reestablished you will receive the CurrentWare Client’s PC usage data and any policy updates will take effect.
Can I Allow Local Network Access While Preventing Access to Online Resources?
Yes. Simply set the internet to “off” in BrowseControl and add the authorized intranet sites to the Allow List using their hostname or IP address.
Which Site Should I Block?
Depending on the goals of your company you will block different websites.
To help keep your employees productive you may choose to block any site that could be considered a distraction, such as Facebook or TikTok. To improve security you may use the content category filtering features to proactively block websites that are known to be dangerous.
Need some ideas of what distractions to add to your website block list? Click here for a list of websites to block at work.
Can I Limit Web Use in Citrix, Remote Desktop, and/or Terminal Server Environments?
Yes. The CurrentWare Suite is supported on desktop computers, virtual machines (VMs), and servers running modern versions of the Windows operating system.
CurrentWare is a Citrix Ready partner; all of our solutions have gone through rigorous testing to ensure it is compatible with Citrix. You can install the CurrentWare Clients on your Citrix Workspace running Windows.
In addition, all CurrentWare components are compatible with Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Terminal Servers (TS).
When restricting the web in Citrix with CurrentWare you can block a site on PC Mode to control the individual virtual machine or on User Mode to control specific employees across multiple devices and/or virtual machines.
Monitoring and managing employees in a Terminal Services environment works similarly.
The exception is that in a Terminal Server/Terminal Services environment the server will be registered as an individual endpoint; to apply granular policies for each user, department, or Organizational Unit you will need to use User Mode.
Is This a Cloud Product?
Will BrowseControl Work With My Proxy Server?
Yes, BrowseControl is compatible with other proxy servers on your network.
Learn More: How to Use BrowseControl With a Proxy Server
How is the CurrentWare Suite Secured?
CurrentWare is committed to the security of its platform, its users and their data.
- All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s solutions is stored in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider; the data is not sent to CurrentWare.
- The web console cannot be accessed without a username and password. For an added layer of authentication security you can enable two-factor authentication.
- You can selectively enable/disable what data is tracked and delete old records automatically.
For a complete overview of the security measures that CurrentWare has in place, check out the CurrentWare platform security overview page.