& many more
and many more
Alternatives to GFI WebMonitor
BrowseControl Web Filter &
BrowseReporter Internet Monitoring Software
Enforce Acceptable Computer Use Policies
- Policy Reminders: Redirect users from restricted websites to your internet use policy or a custom block page
- Block Websites: Prevent access to websites that go against your acceptable computer use policies
- Non-Compliance Alerts: Combine BrowseControl with BrowseReporter to get alerts of policy violations
Block Bandwidth Hogs to Improve Network Availability
- Block Bandwidth Hogs: Block Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other unproductive bandwidth hogs
- Restrict Unproductive Sites: Reduce unproductive web browsing to ensure bandwidth availability for work tasks
- Discretionary Access: Selectively allow access to high-bandwidth sites on an as-needed basis
Reduce Distractions to Improve Employee Productivity
- Improve Focus: Block distracting websites and apps to keep your users focused on their tasks
- Custom Internet Policies: Apply different policies for group of users or computers to avoid bottlenecks
- Control Tech Use: Combine with BrowseReporter computer monitoring software for advanced awareness and control over technology usage
Protect Your Business From Compliance & Liability Risks
- Prevent Software Piracy: Use the app blocker to prevent employees from launching specific applications
- Block Inappropriate Content: Prevent users from accessing pornographic, hateful, or crude websites at work or school
- Meet Compliance Requirements: Control internet use to secure your network against web-based threats and data loss to cloud storage sites/apps
Protect Against Web Security Threats
- Download Blocker: Block file downloads such as executables, zipped files, and videos from HTTP sites
- Internet Off: Block the entire internet from being browsed for specific computers or employees
- Web Category Filtering: Block malicious and high-risk websites with our frequently updated category filtering database
Prevent Data Theft & Leakage
- Cloud DLP: Block unsanctioned cloud storage apps and sites to prevent employee data theft
- Port Filtering: Block ports used for FTP, SCP, SFTP, etc. to prevent data from leaving the network
- Block High-Risk Sites: Block other potential data egress points such as personal email platforms, torrenting sites, etc
Flexible Deployment Options
On-Premises | Remote Workers | Self-Managed Cloud Platforms
When you use CurrentWare's solutions the data you collect remains solely in your control, giving you the flexibility to decide where data is stored and for how long. Your employee’s data cannot be accessed by CurrentWare.
Download the Free Trial
Get started today with a free fully-functional 14-day trial of the CurrentWare Suite. No credit card required to sign up!
Deploy the Software
Install the Console & Server on a computer, server, or a cloud platform of your choice. Then deploy the Clients to your users’ computers.
Manage your Users
Organize your PCs/Users into custom policy groups. Get advanced awareness & control over how technology is used in your organization.
Web Filtering & Internet Safety In Education
“Exposing students to the digital world comes with a responsibility
to protect them. Students love BrowseControl because it gives them a safe working environment and prevents potential bad actors from interrupting their educational experience."
The reporting feature offers accurate insights on internet activities in order to ensure compliance & organization policies are met. The offsite management feature makes it easy to monitor those working from home.
Carroline Achieng O., Sales Consultant
Absa Life Assurance, 10,001+ Employees
We have experienced data leaks by dishonest employees in the past and AccessPatrol has helped us avoid them and work with greater security and peace of mind for us and our customers.
Julio V., Head of Information Technology
Financial Services Industry, 10,001+ employees
As a 'novice' I was able to set up with help from support in about an hour. Previous software took forever and didn't work as advertised. This software worked right out of the box.
Dr. Gerard B, Office Manager
The software actually does what was advertised and the support is great! We were able to have the software up and running on the same day with no issues or even a call/email to their support.
Ken W, IT Manager
How to Manage Employee Internet Use With CurrentWare
Restrict Employee Internet Access
BrowseControl is the best web filter for blocking internet sites at work
- Block websites based on category, URL, domain, or IP address
- Customize internet restrictions for each user, device, or department
- Schedule unique internet restrictions throughout the day
Monitor Employee Internet Use
BrowseReporter is the best employee monitoring software for tracking internet use
- See how much time is spent on unproductive web browsing
- Compare active time vs idle time to see which websites are being actively browsed and which are in the background
- Noisy data such as CDNs and advertisements are filtered out; the reports show actual employee internet usage
Empower Employees to
With BrowseReporter’s End-User Reports feature your employees have on-demand access to their user activity data
- Allow employees to benefit from the same insights that will be used by managers and human resources
- Increase employee autonomy by allowing them to self-manage their internet and application usage
- Improve transparency of employee monitoring by showing employees exactly what data is being tracked
Manage Your Remote Workforce
CurrentWare’s employee internet management solutions allow you to monitor and restrict the internet usage no matter where your employees work
- Use the Productivity by Location report to compare productivity between time spent at home and in the office
- Use the offsite mode to continue monitoring and restricting internet access when portable devices leave the network
- Updates to internet restriction policies will sync with offsite devices once they reconnect to the server
Shady Maple Transforms Their Productivity With Internet Filtering & Employee Computer Monitoring Software
“Being able to identify negative browsing trends and put a stop to them within a couple of hours has meant that our employees are focused on the job almost all of the time. We have become an extremely efficient workforce."
Employee Computer Activity Dashboards & Reports
BrowseReporter’s user activity dashboards and computer usage reports give you the insights you need to identify productivity leaks, detect excessive bandwidth usage, reduce software costs, and improve business intelligence.
User Activity Dashboards
- Use the collected data to review aggregated results of your entire workforce or drill down to individual users
- Select the date range and activities you want to populate the dashboard with
- Use the activity log to review raw data; add/remove columns, sort data, and export to .XLSX or .PDF
Track Productive vs Unproductive Time
- View time spent on productive vs unproductive web browsing & app use
- Customize to what is considered productive in your organization
- Compare trends in aggregated & individual productivity over time
- Use IP-based location tracking to compare productivity levels between time spent in-office vs time spent working remotely
Idle Time Tracking
- Find out when remote employees are idling for too long or spending too much of their working hours on non-work related activities
- Customize idle time based on the last keyboard/mouse inputs
- Discover which departments or employees are the most active
- Detect bandwidth-hogging websites on your network
- Review bandwidth usage trends to inform network capacity planning
- See which individual users or groups have the greatest bandwidth usage
Track Website & Application Usage
- Detect the use of unauthorized software applications
- Track which apps & sites employees use solo, as a team, or as a company
- Determine software adoption rates with usage data for apps and SaaS sites
Take Screenshots Of Your Employees’ Desktops
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s desktops to see exactly what they're doing on their computers.
- The employee screenshot monitoring software feature can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer that was captured
Keep a Pulse on Team Activity
- Get high-level views of the recent activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Track your users’ most recent productivity, activity, availability status
What Happened to GFI WebMonitor?
GFI WebMonitor has reached End of Life (EoL) as of January 1, 2020.
“Based on the current product trending in the market and customer feedback, we have decided to initiate End of Life (EOL) for the GFI WebMonitor product.
Products reach EOL for several reasons, including changing market demands, technology innovation and development driving changes in the product, the product naturally maturing over time, etc. While this is an established part of a product life cycle, GFI recognizes that EOL product life milestones must be clearly stated to allow you and your customers to plan accordingly with your business operations.
GFI WebMonitor will not be offered within GFI Unlimited effective January 1, 2020.”
What Does End-of-Life Mean for Existing GFI WebMonitor Users?
No more security & compatibility updates
Now that GFI WebMonitor has reached End-of-Life, it is no longer being provided with critical security and compatibility updates. The most recent update was version 11, which was released on December 5, 2017.
Internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox are constantly releasing updates. Any web filtering and internet monitoring products need to be continuously updated to effectively prevent web threats and manage internet activity.
Businesses that follow cybersecurity best practices also need a GFI WebMonitor alternative that is regularly updated to remain compatible with the latest version of Windows.
Reduced customer support
Support for GFI WebMonitor has been greatly scaled back. Without reliable customer support, GFI users have struggled to find a solution to their problems.
“They’ve essentially gotten rid of everyone, moved to a model where there is a support team who supports multiple companies and doesn’t provide working solutions.”
“I had a ticket open for 2 months that was never addressed. We just gave up and moved away from GFI.”
“I have had a ticket open with them for 7 weeks now that affects a production system we need for PCI compliance, but they don’t seem to care” – Spiceworks Community
Get Advanced Activity Insights
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
- Make informed decisions
- Enforce company policies
- Improve productivity
Block Harmful Websites
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
- Block URLs & categories
- Block unwanted apps
- Website allow & block lists
Stop Data Theft to USB Devices
AccessPatrol is USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
- Block USB devices
- USB file activity alerts
- Block file transfers
Manage all your users from the
centralized console with Active
Directory import or syncing
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
Extend onsite security policies to any remote computer running outside the corporate network
SQL Server Supported
Database scaled for enterprise and
large business operations using
Microsoft SQL Server
See How CurrentWare Compares to Other Vendors
Web Filter, DLP & UAM
vs Endpoint Protector
Data Loss Prevention
vs GFI EndPointSecurity
Data Loss Prevention
DLP & UAM
vs GFI WebMonitor
vs Cisco Umbrella
vs K9 Web Protection