& many more
and many more
Alternatives to GFI WebMonitor
BrowseControl Web Filter &
BrowseReporter Internet Monitoring Software
Enforce Computer Use Policies
An employee computer use policy helps ensure that your team members are aware of their responsibilities, but it’s not enough.
To make your policies truly effective you need visibility into which employees are visiting high-risk, inappropriate, or unproductive websites.
Find Bandwidth Hogs On Your Network
Are bandwidth upgrades necessary, or is an employee’s misuse of the internet what’s causing bottlenecks?
With CurrentWare's bandwidth monitoring features you can identify bandwidth hogs in your network, then block them to reduce unnecessary strain on your network’s bandwidth.
Manage Employee Productivity
While occasional web surfing might be okay so long as employees are getting their work done, workplace internet abuse can be a serious detriment to productivity.
The productivity insights provided by employee computer monitoring software allows you to identify inefficiencies so you can optimize work processes.
Protect Your Business From Liability Risks
Detect Software Piracy
Ensure only legitimately licensed software is being used on company computers.
Stop Workplace Harassment
Collect evidence of employees accessing pornographic, hateful, or crude websites at work.
Improve Visibility of Remote Workers
Identify poor performers, improve visibility into employee productivity, and provide high-performers an opportunity to demonstrate their efforts.
Using BrowseReporter’s productivity by location reports you can analyze employee productivity trends to see where they thrive and verify attendance.
Save Money on Unused Software
36% of desktop software & 29% of SaaS spend is underutilized or wasted!
Track SaaS and desktop software usage to uncover insights into what applications can be decommissioned, consolidated, or reduced
Flexible Deployment Options
With CurrentWare’s user activity monitoring solutions you’re in complete control of how your data is stored, secured, and retained. Your employees' data cannot be accessed by CurrentWare.
Have Complete Control of Your Data
Install the management software on a standard computer, then deploy the client software to your users' computers
Monitor & Manage on Any Network
Connect your remote employees’ computers to the management software with simple port forwarding rules
Self-Managed Cloud & VDI
Citrix, Azure, AWS, GCP, and More!
Enjoy the scalability and availability of the cloud alongside the security, control, and flexibility of our on-premises solution
We’re Here to Help
The CurrentWare team prides itself on its high-quality customer support. We will support you every step of the way—whether you’re just starting your free trial or actively using CurrentWare in your network.
At CurrentWare, customer success is our priority at every stage of your journey. We take pride in providing high-quality and reliable pre and post-sale support to make your experience exceptional.
We offer the same level of high-quality support to all of our customers—no extra fees or packages necessary!
Customer Support Lead
CurrentWare provides the documentation, training, and other resources you need to take full advantage of the capabilities of our products.
The reporting feature offers accurate insights on internet activities in order to ensure compliance & organization policies are met. The offsite management feature makes it easy to monitor those working from home.
Carroline Achieng O., Sales Consultant
Absa Life Assurance, 10,001+ Employees
We have experienced data leaks by dishonest employees in the past and AccessPatrol has helped us avoid them and work with greater security and peace of mind for us and our customers.
Julio V., Head of Information Technology
Financial Services Industry, 10,001+ employees
As a 'novice' I was able to set up with help from support in about an hour. Previous software took forever and didn't work as advertised. This software worked right out of the box.
Dr. Gerard B, Office Manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
In my nearly 40 years in the IT business I’ve worked with a lot of support teams. I really appreciate CurrentWare going the extra mile to help me get the most out of the product. They’ve definitely outweighed any of the other competitors that I’ve looked at.
Jerry Slocum, Managed Services Provider
Haggerty Auto Group, 150-200 Employees
How to Manage Employee Internet Use With CurrentWare
Restrict Employee Internet Access
BrowseControl is the best web filter for blocking internet sites at work
- Block websites based on category, URL, domain, or IP address
- Customize internet restrictions for each user, device, or department
- Schedule unique internet restrictions throughout the day
Monitor Employee Internet Use
BrowseReporter is the best employee monitoring software for tracking internet use
- See how much time is spent on unproductive web browsing
- Compare active time vs idle time to see which websites are being actively browsed and which are in the background
- Noisy data such as CDNs and advertisements are filtered out; the reports show actual employee internet usage
Empower Employees to
With BrowseReporter’s End-User Reports feature your employees have on-demand access to their user activity data
- Allow employees to benefit from the same insights that will be used by managers and human resources
- Increase employee autonomy by allowing them to self-manage their internet and application usage
- Improve transparency of employee monitoring by showing employees exactly what data is being tracked
Manage Your Remote Workforce
CurrentWare’s employee internet management solutions allow you to monitor and restrict the internet usage no matter where your employees work
- Use the Productivity by Location report to compare productivity between time spent at home and in the office
- Use the offsite mode to continue monitoring and restricting internet access when portable devices leave the network
- Updates to internet restriction policies will sync with offsite devices once they reconnect to the server
Shady Maple Transforms Their Productivity With Internet Filtering & Employee Computer Monitoring Software
“Being able to identify negative browsing trends and put a stop to them within a couple of hours has meant that our employees are focused on the job almost all of the time. We have become an extremely efficient workforce."
Real-Time Employee Computer
Activity Dashboards & Reports
BrowseReporter’s real-time user activity dashboards and reports give you the insights you need to identify productivity leaks, detect excessive bandwidth usage, reduce software costs, and improve business intelligence.
User Activity Dashboards
- Use the collected data to review aggregated results of your entire workforce or drill down to individual users
- Select the date range and activities you want to populate the dashboard with
- Use the activity log to review raw data; add/remove columns, sort data, and export to .XLSX or .PDF
Track Productive vs Unproductive Time
- View time spent on productive vs unproductive web browsing & app use
- Customize to what is considered productive in your organization
- Compare trends in aggregated & individual productivity over time
- Use IP-based location tracking to compare productivity levels between time spent in-office vs time spent working remotely
Idle Time Tracking
- Find out when remote employees are idling for too long or spending too much of their working hours on non-work related activities
- Customize idle time based on the last keyboard/mouse inputs
- Discover which departments or employees are the most active
- Detect bandwidth-hogging websites on your network
- Review bandwidth usage trends to inform network capacity planning
- See which individual users or groups have the greatest bandwidth usage
Track Website & Application Usage
- Detect the use of unauthorized software applications
- Track which apps & sites employees use solo, as a team, or as a company
- Determine software adoption rates with usage data for apps and SaaS sites
Take Screenshots Of Your Employees’ Desktops
- Capture high-resolution and compressed screenshots of your employee’s desktops to see exactly what they're doing on their computers.
- The employee screenshot monitoring software feature can be configured to automatically delete older screenshots to reduce storage requirements
- Screenshots are tagged with the website or application that was being used, the time, and the name of the computer that was captured
Keep a Pulse on Team Activity in Real-Time
- Get high-level views of the recent activity of individual users and teams
- Easily see who is online now and who hasn’t logged in today
- Track your users’ most recent productivity, activity, availability status
What Happened to GFI WebMonitor?
GFI WebMonitor has reached End of Life (EoL) as of January 1, 2020.
“Based on the current product trending in the market and customer feedback, we have decided to initiate End of Life (EOL) for the GFI WebMonitor product.
Products reach EOL for several reasons, including changing market demands, technology innovation and development driving changes in the product, the product naturally maturing over time, etc. While this is an established part of a product life cycle, GFI recognizes that EOL product life milestones must be clearly stated to allow you and your customers to plan accordingly with your business operations.
GFI WebMonitor will not be offered within GFI Unlimited effective January 1, 2020.”
What Does End-of-Life Mean for Existing GFI WebMonitor Users?
No more security & compatibility updates
Now that GFI WebMonitor has reached End-of-Life, it is no longer being provided with critical security and compatibility updates. The most recent update was version 11, which was released on December 5, 2017.
Internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox are constantly releasing updates. Any web filtering and internet monitoring products need to be continuously updated to effectively prevent web threats and manage internet activity.
Businesses that follow cybersecurity best practices also need a GFI WebMonitor alternative that is regularly updated to remain compatible with the latest version of Windows.
Reduced customer support
Support for GFI WebMonitor has been greatly scaled back. Without reliable customer support, GFI users have struggled to find a solution to their problems.
“They’ve essentially gotten rid of everyone, moved to a model where there is a support team who supports multiple companies and doesn’t provide working solutions.”
“I had a ticket open for 2 months that was never addressed. We just gave up and moved away from GFI.”
“I have had a ticket open with them for 7 weeks now that affects a production system we need for PCI compliance, but they don’t seem to care” – Spiceworks Community
Get Advanced Activity Insights
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
- Make informed decisions
- Enforce company policies
- Improve productivity
Block Harmful Websites
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
- Block URLs & categories
- Block unwanted apps
- Website allow & block lists
Stop Data Theft to USB Devices
AccessPatrol is USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
- Block USB devices
- USB file activity alerts
- Block file transfers
See How CurrentWare Compares to Other Vendors
Web Filter, DLP & UAM
vs Endpoint Protector
Data Loss Prevention
DLP & UAM
vs K9 Web Protection
vs GFI WebMonitor
vs Cisco Umbrella
vs GFI EndPointSecurity
Data Loss Prevention