The U.S. Department of Homeland Security banned Kaspersky products from all government departments on 13 September 2017. These bans followed security and privacy concerns surrounding alleged connections between Kaspersky and Russian intelligence agencies, which Kaspersky Lab has since denied.
Is your organization searching for the best alternatives to Kaspersky products due to privacy and security concerns or the upcoming End of Support phase for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10? This article will showcase a suite of solutions for protecting sensitive data, controlling web access, and monitoring computer activity in your network.
What is Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10?
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 (KES10) is an endpoint security software developed by Kaspersky Lab to protect endpoint devices such as workstations used in businesses. The software includes features for application control, device control, web control, web activity monitoring, device use monitoring, and application monitoring.
What is Happening to Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10?
After 01 June 2022, the latest version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 (KES10) for Windows workstations will have reached its End of Support phase.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 will be phasing out support at these dates:
- Version 10.3.0.6294: Limited support till 30 Apr 2021, end of support starting 01 May 2021
- Version 10.3.3.275: Full support till 31 Oct 2020, limited support starting 01 Nov 2020 till 31 Oct 2021, end of support starting 01 Nov 2021
- Version 10.3.3.304: Full support till 31 May 2021, limited support starting 01 Jun 2021 till 31 May 2022, end of support starting 01 Jun 2022
What Does End of Support Mean for Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Users?
Once Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 reaches its final End of Support (EOS) phase on June 1st, 2022 users of the software will either need to upgrade to Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 or replace Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 with an alternative product.
During the Limited Support phase, Kaspersky may or may not release critical security patches for the software, though it will still receive standard support and database updates. According to their Product Support Lifecycle B2B page, once KES10 reaches this phase any patches are “Not guaranteed in full; provided at the discretion of Kaspersky.” and the limited support is “only for products designed for small- and large-sized businesses.”
Once this Kaspersky product reaches the End of Support phase on June 1st, 2022 it will no longer receive any support including standard support, database updates, security patches, bug fixes, and feature updates.
Alternatives to Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 – CurrentWare Suite
The solutions in the CurrentWare suite are an excellent alternative to Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for businesses that want to monitor computer activity, log device use, and control internet and device access permissions on their endpoints.
CurrentWare’s endpoint security, web filtering, and employee monitoring solutions can be purchased à la carte to meet specific needs or as a bundle for the best value.
The CurrentWare advantage:
- Perpetual licenses give you lifetime access to your version of CurrentWare’s security software.
- Each purchase comes with a 1-year maintenance plan that includes free product upgrades and customer support through our live chat, email, and phone help desk.
- On-premise solutions give you the most control over your data. You decide where computer monitoring data is stored to ensure that no sensitive information ever leaves your network.
AccessPatrol – Device control, logging, and endpoint security
AccessPatrol’s device control features allow you to protect sensitive data against theft by whitelisting and blacklisting peripheral devices, data storage devices, and connection buses. AccessPatrol can display a warning message when a device is blocked to inform users of your endpoint security policy.
Devices controlled by AccessPatrol
|Device Class||Devices||Access Permissions|
|Storage Devices||USB||Full / Read only / No access|
|DVD /CD||Full / Read only / No access|
|Floppy||Full / Read only / No access|
|Tape||Full / Read only / No access|
|External Hard drive||Full / Read only / No access|
|Firewire||Full / Read only / No access|
|SD Card||Full / Read only / No access|
|MM Card||Full / Read only / No access|
|Wireless Devices||Bluetooth||Full / No access|
|Infrared||Full / No access|
|Wifi||Full / No access|
|Communication Ports||Serial||Full / No access|
|Parallel||Full / No access|
|Imaging Devices||Scanners||Full / No access|
|Cameras, Webcams & Others||Full / No access|
|Others||Printers||Full / No access|
|USB Ethernet Adapter||Full / No access|
|Sound Cards||Full / No access|
|Portable Devices (iPhones, Mobiles)||Full / No access|
|Network Share||Full / No access|
AccessPatrol’s endpoint logging reports
AccessPatrol’s endpoint logging reports allow you to easily monitor company workstations for suspicious behavior. Alerts can be triggered to notify designated administrators of undesirable activities on company endpoints. Auditable data loss prevention reports provide digital evidence for investigating anomalous file transfers and peripheral device usage.
File Operations Reports
AccessPatrol’s file operations reports are critical for alerting administrators to suspicious file transfers and investigating the cause of a data breach. Monitor employees and company endpoints to generate auditable data loss prevention reports.
Monitor the flow of data to and from USB storage devices and identify the user responsible for the transfer.
Data Flow Management
Discover files that have been copied, created, deleted, or renamed through USB devices.
Endpoint Detection & Response
Receive alerts of, employees interacting with sensitive data, and attempts to use unauthorized USB devices.
USB Device Usage Reports
AccessPatrol’s device usage reports help administrators track how employees are using USB drives and other peripheral devices. Review these data loss prevention reports to ensure that storage devices are being used appropriately and collect evidence of attempts to use unauthorized hardware.
BrowseControl – Application startup control and web control
BrowseControl’s application blocker and web filter provide the content control capabilities you need to ensure the safe and acceptable use of devices in your organization. Block websites that are unsafe, abuse the available bandwidth or go against your acceptable use policy.
- Block access to all websites or customize access for each user, device, and workgroup
- Manage website category restrictions with the Category Filtering add-on
- Configure specific website restrictions with URL blacklists and whitelists
- Set application startup control restrictions with the application blocker to prevent employees from launching unauthorized applications
- Enforce the use of Google Safesearch to prevent access to inappropriate content
BrowseReporter – Application, and web activity monitoring
As an added bonus the CurrentWare suite includes BrowseReporter, a powerful computer monitoring software for tracking web activity and application usage. BrowseReporter monitors endpoint device activity to identify employee internet abuse and provide organizations with user behavior insights.
- Generate web activity reports to gain insights into employee computer usage behavior
- Track application usage to detect unwanted applications and manage application sprawl
- Remote capture employee computer screens to see what they are doing in real-time
- Send email alerts of undesirable computer usage to designated personnel
- Monitor bandwidth consumption to identify employees that are abusing the network
How Easy is it to Switch from Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 to CurrentWare?
The products in the CurrentWare suite are the easiest software to switch to from Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10. CurrentWare can easily be installed in a variety of ways ranging from simple local installations for small teams to full-scale remote client deployments for large enterprises.
- All of the products in the CurrentWare suite operate from a central console, allowing you to seamlessly manage policies for each user from the convenience of a single workstation.
- The CurrentWare clients can be deployed through a local install, Active Directory, remote installation, and command line deployments
- After installation, CurrentWare supports import and synchronization with Active Directory to easily manage your existing AD workgroups.
- CurrentWare can be readily installed on a standalone computer with a password-protected console
- CurrentWare’s products continue to apply restrictions and monitor endpoint activity even when devices are not connected to the network or when employees are working remotely
How to Get Started with CurrentWare
CurrentWare is very easy to install. You can get started in just 4 simple steps:
- Download the free 14-day trial of the CurrentWare products you want to try
- Install the cwServer and cwConsole onto an administrator computer.
- Install the cwClient onto each of the computers that you will manage.
- Configure restrictions as you see fit and test the reports to see user activity insights first-hand
Our support team is happy to help you during your trial. Feel free to contact us and we can help you configure CurrentWare for your business.
How Much Does CurrentWare Cost?
CurrentWare provides licenses for as few as 10 computers and we can provide licenses for networks with hundreds or thousands of computers at a discounted cost thanks to our volume discounts.
- Each CurrentWare product comes with a perpetual license. Once purchased, the permanent license key will remain usable for life.
- Each purchase includes 1 year of added support and maintenance, including free product upgrades.
- CurrentWare provides advantageous pricing for education and government customers
CurrentWare’s endpoint security, web filtering, and employee monitoring solutions can be purchased à la carte or as a bundle for the best value. To find the best deal for CurrentWare’s Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 replacements, visit our pricing page by clicking the button below.