URL Filtering Software
BrowseControl’s URL Filtering feature allows you to allow and block (whitelist and blacklist) access to specific websites based on their URL, domain, IP address, or keywords in the URL.
URL Filters: Block & Allow Lists
With the Allowed URLs List you can restrict internet access to only specific websites or exempt specific websites that are blocked by the Category Filtering feature.
With the Blocked URLs List you can block specific websites while allowing access to the rest of the internet.
Block (Blacklist) URLs with the URL block list to block users from accessing websites
Allow (Whitelist) URLs with the URL allow list to set exceptions for websites you would like to allow
Create unique URL filters for each group of users or devices
BrowseControl’s category filtering database provides you with a convenient way to blacklist millions of websites across over 100 URL categories.
Easily block users from accessing social media, porn, games, known virus-infected websites, and more!
- Meet CIPA compliance by blocking categories of websites that are not age-appropriate such as porn
- Effortlessly block millions of websites across 100+ URL categories
- Customize the website category database locally to suit the needs of your environment
Why Use URL Filtering?
- Increase Productivity: Nearly 82% of employees surveyed in the “On Cyberslacking: Workplace Status and Personal Internet Use at Work” report admitted to using the internet for personal reasons during work hours. A web filter can be used to block access to commonly abused websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Network Security: Malicious and compromised websites can stealthily infect networks with drive-by downloads. All an employee has to do is stumble upon one of these sites on social media or a phishing email for an exploit to compromise the network. A web filter adds an added layer of security by blocking these websites from being accessed in your network.
- Data Loss Prevention: Unauthorized cloud storage, social networks, and web apps provide channels where sensitive data can be leaked. A web filter can proactively prevent access to these channels and stop employees from mishandling data.
- Workplace Behavior: A web filter limits opportunities for employees to access NSFW content such as pornography, reducing inappropriate web usage that would otherwise contribute to a hostile work environment.
- Bandwidth Management: Streaming a 4K Ultra HD Netflix video consumes 7GB of data per hour. Employees that use the company internet to stream videos waste valuable bandwidth and ruin the productivity of their coworkers by dramatically slowing down the speed of the internet.
Check Out Our Great Reviews on Capterra!
"As a 'novice' I was able to set up with help from support in about an hour. Previous software took forever and didn't work as advertised. This software worked right out of the box."
Dr. Gerard B, Office Manager
"This software was easy to install and customize to our needs. Category Filtering is such a time saver and of course saving time is saving money!"
Scott S, Senior Systems Engineer
"BrowseControl is the best software for internet filtering. We can block specific websites and applications...[being able to] add and remove the restrictions instantly is a great feature. They have a great customer support to solve our queries."
Ajoob S, Engineer
"The software actually does what was advertised and the support is great! We were able to have the software up and running on the same day with no issues or even a call/email to their support."
Ken W, IT Manager
Try BrowseControl for Free
Fully Functional. Easy to use. Install in minutes.
BrowseControl Web Filtering Features
Try BrowseControl for Free
Fully functional. Easy to use. Install in minutes.