CurrentWare works on most computers running Windows operating systems on 32-bit or 64-bit platforms. Currently Mac and Linux are not supported.
All components of CurrentWare are supported on desktop computers and server computers with the following specifications:
|Number of clients||Minimum Recommended Hardware Specifications for Server|
|1-100||Processor: Intel Core i3/ AMD Ryzen 3 or better|
Memory: At least 4GB of RAM
Disk Space: 500MB of free space
|100-500||Processor: Intel Core i5 / AMD Ryzen 5 or better|
Memory: 8 – 16 GB RAM
Disk Space: 1-5 GB of free space
|500-1000||Processor: Intel Core i5 / AMD Ryzen 5 or better|
Memory: 16 GB or above
Disk Space: 1-10 GB of free space
|1000+||Processor: Intel Core i7 / AMD Ryzen 7 or better|
Memory: 32 GB or above
Disk Space: Over 5 GB of free space
CurrentWare is supported on desktop computers, virtual machines (VMs) and servers with the following operating system specifications:
- Windows 7 SP1 Pro/Enterprise and Ultimate 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 8 & 8.1 Pro/Enterprise 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 10 Home/Pro/Enterprise 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Compatible with Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Terminal Servers (TS)
All of the following network ports must be opened on your firewall. If you are connecting your client computers from outside your network, you will need to configure port forwarding on your router.
- 8990 TCP/UDP – Console Connection Port
- 8991 TCP/UDP – Client Connection Port
- 8992 TCP/UDP – Client Data Upload
- 8994 TCP/UDP – HTTPS Filtering
- 3050 TCP/UDP – Firebird Database
- 1433 TCP/UDP – SQL Database
- 1434 TCP/UDP – SQL Database
CurrentWare is compatible with the following browsers for filtering and monitoring Internet activities.
- Web Filtering: All updated modern Internet browsers
- Internet Monitoring: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge Chromium, Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Do you support Virtual Machines?
Yes, the CurrentWare Server and Clients can be installed on virtual machines running Windows. CurrentWare is compatible with the following virtual machines:
- Oracle VM
Do you support Citrix?
Yes, CurrentWare is supported on Citrix. You can install the CurrentWare Clients on your Citrix Workspace running Windows.
Don't have CurentWare Installed? Download & Get started with a free trial!