CurrentWare works on most computers running Windows operating systems on 32-bit or 64-bit platforms. With the Web Console you can manage your administrative settings from any browser on any operating system within your network by default. The server and clients must be installed and hosted from a Microsoft based operating system.
All components of CurrentWare are supported on desktop computers and server computers with the following specifications:
|Number of clients||Minimum Recommended Hardware Specifications for Server|
|1-100||Processor: Intel Core i3/ AMD Ryzen 3 or better|
Memory: At least 4GB of RAM
Disk Space: 1 GB of free space
|100-500||Processor: Intel Core i5 / AMD Ryzen 5 or better|
Memory: 8 – 16 GB RAM
Disk Space: 1-5 GB of free space
|500-1000||Processor: Intel Core i5 / AMD Ryzen 5 or better|
Memory: 16 GB or above
Disk Space: 1-10 GB of free space
|1000+||Processor: Intel Core i7 / AMD Ryzen 7 or better|
Memory: 32 GB or above
Disk Space: Over 5 GB of free space
CurrentWare is supported on local or cloud based desktop computers, virtual machines (VMs) and servers with the following operating system specifications:
|CurrentWare Server||CurrentWare Clients|
– All CurrentWare components are compatible with Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Terminal Servers (TS).
– It is not recommended to install CurrentWare on the same server as any Exchange or WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) IIS pages or application pools.
SQL Server Express: The CurrentWare database is managed by a SQL server. There is no need to do any additional installation as it comes with the CurrentWare installation package.
All of the following network ports must be opened on your firewall of the machine hosting the CurrentWare server. If you are connecting your client computers from outside your network, you will need to configure port forwarding on your router.
- 8990 TCP/UDP – Console Connection Port
- 8991 TCP/UDP – Client Connection Port
- 8992 TCP/UDP – Client Data Upload
- 8993 TCP/UDP – Screenshots Upload
- 8994 TCP/UDP – HTTPS Filtering
- 8997 TCP/UDP – Rest API
- 8998 TCP/UDP – Web Console
- 1024 TCP/UDP – Remote Screen Capture
Depending on your Database setup you will need one set of Database port rules.
- 3050 TCP/UDP – Firebird Database
- 443 TCP/UDP – Firebird Database
- 1433 TCP/UDP – SQL Database
- 1434 TCP/UDP – SQL Database
CurrentWare is compatible with the following browsers for filtering and monitoring Internet activities. You can also access the CurrentWare Web Console from any browser.
- Web Filtering: All updated modern Internet browsers
- Internet Monitoring: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge Chromium, Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Do you support Virtual Machines?
Yes, the CurrentWare Server and Clients can be installed on local or cloud-based virtual machines running Windows. CurrentWare is compatible with the following virtual machines:
- Oracle VM
Do you support Citrix?
Yes, CurrentWare is supported on Citrix. You can install the CurrentWare Clients on your Citrix Workspace running Windows.
Don't have CurentWare Installed? Download & Get started with a free trial!