AccessPatrol can control the following external devices.
- USB (Removable disk, iPod)
- External Hard Drive
- SD Card
- MM Card
- Imaging Devices (Digital camera, Webcam)
- Portable Devices (iPhone, Mobiles)
- Sound Cards
- USB Ethernet Adapter
How do I block external devices on my user’s computers?
- Click on a group or a computer.
- From the AccessPatrol tab, select Device Blocking.
- Select the device you want to control on the left-hand pane.
- Assign the access permission on the right-hand pane.
- You can block the access permission for all devices by selecting All Devices and assign No Access to it.
- The devices that are blocked will be listed in the CurrentWare Console under the column Devices Blocked.
Read-Only Permission: Allows the user to read the file but cannot make changes to it. The user will not have the ability to create new files on the controlled devices. Read Only permission is available for storage devices only.
Note for Bluetooth Device blocking: In order to block some Bluetooth devices and its associated services, a reboot may be required on the client’s computer.
Blocked Warning Message
Display a warning message when your user attempts to access a blocked device.