NEW 2022: Block Websites With BrowseControl
NEW 2022: How Block Websites in the Legacy Console
Hi there welcome to the CurrentWare video tutorial series. In this video, we will teach you:
Let’s get started
How to block the internet with a blocked list
Use the block list to block your employees from accessing distracting websites like Facebook and YouTube.
- First, add a new group and give it a name. Drag and drop new computers into this new group.
- On the right-hand side under BrowseControl select internet on
- Click on the URL filter
- Add the websites you want to block
In this example we’re blocking Facebook and YouTube.com. Make sure you’ve selected the block list, highlight the websites on the left-hand side, click on the right arrow button in the middle, and move them on to the list
Your employees are now blocked from going to those two websites
How to block the internet based on website categories
On top of the block list we’re gonna further restrict internet access by using the category filter. Blocking categories is easy.
- Click on the category filtering button
- Select the categories you want to block and add it to the block list
- If you’re not sure what category our website belongs in use the URL category lookup to help you out.
In this example, we’re blocking celebrity gossip, chats, gambling, magazines, movies download, porn, shopping, social networks, and sports.
That’s it! Your employees are now blocked from browsing distracting websites
How to control internet access with an allowed list
Now we’re going to show you a stricter way of controlling internet access by using the allow list.
- The first thing you’re going to do is to turn the internet off
- Then click on the URL filter. Add only the websites you want your employees to go to. For example, you might put in your company’s website or any internal portal links
- Add them to the allowed list on the right-hand side and click apply.
This is the best way to prevent your employees from browsing to any unauthorized website.
How to schedule internet access
Let me introduce you to the internet scheduler. This feature will bring some flexibility to your internet restriction policies. It allows you to apply different restrictions during different times of the day.
- Click on the internet scheduler to open up the window
- Then click on the Add button to add your very first schedule.
- Assign the scheduled time. In this example, we will allow our employees internet access during lunchtime.
- Pick the schedule type.
There are four schedule types to choose from:
- Internet on will allow internet access along with the block list from your URL filter
- Custom allow list will turn the internet off and let you assign a new list of allowed website
- Custom block list will turn the internet on and let you assign a new list of blocked websites
- Category block list will turn the internet on and let you assign a new list of blocked websites based on categories.
In this example, we will allow our employees to browse the internet during lunchtime, so we will select internet on. After you finish don’t forget to click on enable scheduler to activate the internet scheduler.
This brings us to the end of this video tutorial. For more information on CurrentWare feel free to contact us directly by email, phone, or visit our website. Thank you for your time