Peripheral & USB Device Control Software—
Block Removable Devices to Prevent Data Theft
AccessPatrol’s device control solutions provide administrators with the capabilities they need to take full control over removable devices in an organization.
AccessPatrol’s device control software policies prevent data loss by via endpoints by stopping employees from using unauthorized peripherals.
Protect Sensitive Data
Removable storage devices, such as USB flash drives, and mobile connection technologies, like Wi-Fi or FireWire are convenient and enhance productivity, however, they also present security risks
AccessPatrol provides the critical peripheral device management features you need to prevent the theft of sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII), trade secrets, and financial records to USB drives and other portable storage devices.
- Customize device access permissions based on user, organizational unit (OU), and endpoint device.
- Block data transfers to protect sensitive data against exfiltration via removable storage devices.
- Easily block USB devices, optical media, iPods, cell phones, external hard drives, and more to prevent unauthorized use
- Optionally integrate AccessPatrol with Active Directory to manage USB security policies with your existing organizational units
AccessPatrol’s Device Permissions
AccessPatrol lets administrators easily control peripheral device management permissions for the users and endpoints in their network by assigning Full Access, Read Only, and No Access device control policies.
The AccessPatrol device control solution will continue to enforce data protection policies even when managed devices lose connection to the CurrentWare server, allowing users to be monitored and managed when they are working offline or on another network.
- Full Access: The computer or user with this access permission can read and write to the specified removable device that is connected to the computer.
- Read Only: The computer or user with this access permission can only read the information from the specified external device that is connected to the computer. The user will not be able to copy any information to the specified external device. This option is only available to storage devices.
- No Access: The computer or user with this access permission cannot read or write to the specified external devices that are connected to the computer.
The Types of Devices You Can Control With AccessPatrol
As part of a multi-layered data loss prevention strategy you need peripheral device management capabilities to protect against any storage devices and other peripherals that are capable of transmitting data such as Bluetooth, SD/MM cards, and Infrared ports.
AccessPatrol allows you to apply access rules for multiple classes of removable devices to prevent data loss and other security threats.
Monitor USB Ports for Data Leakage to Portable Storage Devices
With AccessPatrol’s USB device usage and data transfer monitoring features you can ensure compliance with your removable media policy.
- Investigate potential data security incidents with advanced insights into which parties transferred which files to what devices
- Understand what unauthorized devices are being used such as firewire, Android/Apple phones, removable devices
- Improve your data theft prevention efforts with evidence of every data transfer to storage devices
AccessPatrol’s USB Control & Data Loss Prevention Features
Block USB & Other Devices
Set full access, read only or no access on storage devices
Whitelist USB Devices
Allow only authorized storage devices to be used
Block File Transfers
Prevent files from being transferred to portable storage
Access Code Generator
Provide temporary access to peripheral devices
DLP Activity Reports
Track file transfers, storage device use, file operations, and more
File Transfer Monitoring
Monitor files that are copied to USBs, cloud storage, and more
Alerts & Reports
Automatically send USB activity reports to designated inboxes
Transparent & Stealth Modes
Run silently in the background or provide notice of monitoring
Manage all your users from the
centralized console with Active
Directory import or syncing
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
Extend onsite security
policies to laptops running outside
the corporate network
SQL Server Supported
Database scaled for enterprise and
large business operations using
Microsoft SQL Server
Removable Media Policy Template
Download this data security policy template to prevent data leakage to USB flash drives and other removable storage devices.
- Set data security standards for portable storage
- Define the acceptable use of removable media
- Inform your users about their security responsibilities