How to Disable USB drives with AccessPatrol
With the necessity of portable storage devices, theft of proprietary data is a growing challenge in today’s world. AccessPatrol provides a proactive solution for securing company endpoints to prevent the illicit transfer of data to unauthorized devices.
“With CurrentWare, we’re certain we’re meeting today’s cybersecurity standards whilst maintaining immediate, reliant access to patient records so we can keep delivering a high-quality service to our clients”
– Nicholas Scheetz
IT Service Desk Supervisor, First Choice Health
Control Endpoint Devices
Prevent Data Breaches
Allowed & Blocked List
Active Directory Integration
Email Reports & Alerts
Work from Home
Restrict and Audit Access to USB and Endpoint Devices
With the influx of mobile storage devices such as USB devices and smartphones, stealing confidential data and electronic personal health information (ePHI) files can be achieved quite discreetly without the approval or knowledge of authorities.
AccessPatrol provides comprehensive endpoint security to prevent theft of sensitive data and ePHI:
Enforce selective data access: Implement access privileges: read only, read and write, or no access to patient data files.
Whitelist Endpoints: Completely block access to all endpoints. Allow access to authorized endpoint devices, such as USBs and external hard drives, using the AccessPatrol Allowed List.
Removable Storage Auditing: Inclusive reporting ensures speedy identification of abusive use of endpoint devices.
Offsite Management: Endpoint security policies will be maintained, even if the computer or laptop is used outside the building.
3 Easy Steps to Install CurrentWare
On the Manager’s computer, install the CurrentWare Console
- Run the CurrentWare.exe setup file.
- Select AccessPatrol, BrowseControl and BrowseReporter
- The Installer will proceed to install the CurrentWare Server, Console and the 3 solutions onto the Manager’s computer.
On the employees' computers, install the CurrentWare Client
- Deploy the CurrentWare Client onto your employee’s computers using the built-in remote client install or Active Directory
- Connect your computers to the CurrentWare Server.
- You can now control your employee’s computers
Return to the Manager’s PC, launch the CurrentWare Console
- Under the AccessPatrol menu, you can set device permissions, add devices to your allowed list and etc.
- Under the BrowseControl menu, you can block websites and applications.
- Under the BrowseReporter menu, you can monitor computer activities.
Granular control over a variety of peripheral devices
Increase endpoint security by blocking or limiting the use of storage devices, wireless connectivity, communication ports, imaging devices, and other peripherals. Policies can be uniquely configured for each user, endpoint, and department.
- Easily block USBs, optical discs, external hard drives, SD cards, and other removable media
- Disable wireless connections through Bluetooth, infrared, and Wifi
- Block employees from using scanners, printers, and cameras to steal sensitive data
Monitor USB activity for suspicious behavior
AccessPatrol’s USB activity monitor improves your endpoint security through increased visibility into high-risk data transfers.
- Receive instant email alerts when employees violate your endpoint security policy by using unauthorized USB devices or transferring sensitive files
- Audit file operations reports to see files that have been copied, created, deleted, or renamed on removable media devices
- Review USB activity logs to trace data breaches back to their source
ACCESS CODE GENERATOR
Enforce endpoint security and device control policies
AccessPatrol gives you the device control features you need to enforce and manage your endpoint security policies.
- Effortlessly block all peripheral devices that fall outside of your allowed devices lists
- Exempt USB devices used by tech support and other trusted users
- Temporarily grant time-limited access to blocked devices using the Access Code Generator
Check out our great reviews on Capterra!
Try AccessPatrol for Free
Fully Functional. Easy to use. Install in minutes.