& many more
and many more
Device Control Software to Monitor & Block Removable Storage Devices
Intuitive & Flexible USB
Protect sensitive data with AccessPatrol’s device control solutions.
Block or limit the use of a USB port based on storage devices, wireless connectivity, communication ports, imaging devices, and other peripherals.
Device control policies can be uniquely configured for each user, endpoint, and department.
- Easily block USBs, optical media, mobile devices, SD cards, and other removable media
- Disable wireless connections through Bluetooth devices, infrared, and WiFi
- Block employees from using scanners, printers, and cameras to steal sensitive data
Monitor USB Activity for Suspicious and High-risk Behaviour
AccessPatrol’s device control features include a USB activity monitor for increased visibility into high-risk data transfers.
- Receive real time email alerts when employees violate your endpoint security policies
- USB file tracing features allow you to to see files that have been copied, created, deleted, or renamed on removable media devices
- Review USB activity logs to trace data breaches back to their source
Allow Only Trusted USB Devices to Be Used
AccessPatrol’s device control solutions give you the features you need to ensure data protection against portable devices.
- Effortlessly block all peripheral devices that fall outside of your allowed devices lists
- Provide greater USB access to tech support and other trusted users
- Temporarily grant time-limited access to blocked devices using the Access Code Generator
Centralized USB Management for Scalable Device Control
AccessPatrol’s centralized monitoring and management console lets you implement device control policies from the convenience of a web browser.
- Precise and Granular Control: Control portable devices based on groups of users or computers
- Active Directory Sync: Use Active Directory sync to import your existing organizational units
- Protect Remote Devices: Device control policies travel with laptops, allowing you to easily enforce security policies for remote teams
Restrict File Transfers to Storage Devices
With AccessPatrol’s USB file transfer blocking feature you can prevent files from being transferred to portable storage devices based on their filename or extension.
- Allowed List: Limit what files can be transferred to storage devices based on file extensions and keywords in filenames
- Block File Transfers: Prevent file transfers between storage devices and PCs, even on trusted storage devices
- Renamed File Extension Blocking: AccessPatrol uses file signatures to detect the original file extension of a file, preventing users from renaming files to bypass your DLP policies
The Essential Role of a USB Device Control Solution
USB DLP—Prevent Data Loss to Flash Drives
Even authorized external devices can pose a data loss risk if they are misused, lost, or stolen. The portability of removable storage devices makes it difficult to prevent users from losing them.
How to Prevent Data Loss to USB Drives With AccessPatrol:
- Limit the USB devices that can be used to a specific list of trusted devices
- Review the recent activity of missing USB devices to determine the last time it was used and what data was transferred to it
- Restrict the file types and filename keywords that can be transferred to portable storage devices
Monitor USB Activity to Collect Evidence of Data Transfers
CurrentWare’s AccessPatrol device control and DLP solution provides insightful and easily accessible DLP reports.
These reports track activities such as:
- File operations to removable storage
- File transfers to cloud storage services
- What USB devices are being used in the network
- The USB device access history of endpoints
- Which user was responsible for inserting unauthorized devices into a USB port
Having access to the usage history of USB devices and other data egress points is essential for investigating data loss incidents and attempted data theft.
Prevent Data Theft to Insider Threats
Insider threats are a significant risk to data security. Employees have intimate access to corporate data, insider knowledge of the organization’s systems, and a level of trust that can allow them to steal data undetected.
- 70% of intellectual property data theft occurs within the 90 days before an employee’s resignation announcement
- 72% of CEOs admit they’ve taken valuable intellectual property (IP) from a former employer
- 50% of respondents in a Symantec survey say they have taken information, and 40% say they will use it in their new jobs
With AccessPatrol’s device control features you can prevent data loss to USB removable media devices and other high-risk peripherals.
Learn more: How to Keep Data Safe When Offboarding
We’re Here to Help
The CurrentWare team prides itself on its high-quality customer support. We will support you every step of the way—whether you’re just starting your free trial or actively using CurrentWare in your network.
At CurrentWare, customer success is our priority at every stage of your journey. We take pride in providing high-quality and reliable pre and post-sale support to make your experience exceptional.
We offer the same level of high-quality support to all of our customers—no extra fees or packages necessary!
Customer Support Lead
CurrentWare provides the documentation, training, and other resources you need to take full advantage of the capabilities of our products.
This software helps us to achieve compliance with industry and government requirements with respect to controlling the use of removable storage media. It fits the bill perfectly.
Matthew W., Project Manager
Aviation & Aerospace Industry, 11-50 employees
In my nearly 40 years in the IT business I’ve worked with a lot of support teams. I really appreciate CurrentWare going the extra mile to help me get the most out of the product. They’ve definitely outweighed any of the other competitors that I’ve looked at.
Jerry Slocum, Managed Services Provider
Haggerty Auto Group, 150-200 Employees
Data leaks have been thwarted by AccessPatrol. When an unauthorized device is detected, an email alert is sent immediately. It enables real-time audit reports on accessed and blocked devices.
Karen M., Senior Director of Marketing
Construction Industry, 10,001+ employees
We have experienced data leaks by dishonest employees in the past and AccessPatrol has helped us avoid them and work with greater security and peace of mind for us and our customers.
Julio V., Head of Information Technology
Financial Services Industry, 10,001+ employees
Removable Media Policy
Download this data security policy template to prevent data leakage to USB flash drives and other removable storage devices.
- Set data security standards for portable storage
- Define the acceptable use of removable media
- Inform your users about their security responsibilities
Flexible Deployment Options
With CurrentWare’s user activity monitoring solutions you’re in complete control of how your data is stored, secured, and retained. Your employees' data cannot be accessed by CurrentWare.
Keep Control of Your Data
Install the management software on a standard computer, then deploy the client software to your users' computers
Monitor & Manage on Any Network
Connect your remote employees’ computers to the management software with simple port forwarding rules
Self-Managed Cloud & VDI
Citrix, Azure, AWS, GCP, and More!
Enjoy the scalability and availability of the cloud alongside the security, control, and flexibility of our on-premises solution
AccessPatrol’s USB Control & Data Loss Prevention Features
Block USB & Other Devices
Set full access, read only or no access on storage devices
Allow only authorized storage devices to be used
Block File Transfers
Prevent files from being transferred to portable storage
Access Code Generator
Provide temporary access to peripheral devices
DLP Activity Reports
Track file transfers, storage device use, file operations, and more
File Transfer Monitoring
Monitor files that are copied to USBs, cloud storage, and more
Alerts & Reports
Automatically send USB activity reports to designated inboxes
Transparent & Stealth Modes
Run silently in the background or provide notice of monitoring
Manage all your users from the
centralized console with Active
Directory import or syncing
Protect your CurrentWare console
with 2FA, passwords, privilege
management, and more
Extend onsite Internet usage
policies to laptops running outside
the corporate network
SQL Server Supported
Database scaled for enterprise and
large business operations using
Microsoft SQL Server
Get Advanced Activity Insights
BrowseReporter is a versatile employee monitoring software to track productivity and efficiency.
- Make informed decisions
- Enforce company policies
- Improve productivity
Block Harmful Websites
BrowseControl is an easy-to-use website blocking software for restricting internet access.
- Block URLs & categories
- Block unwanted apps
- Website allow & block lists
Stop Data Theft to USB Devices
AccessPatrol is USB control software to protect sensitive data against theft to portable storage devices.
- Block USB devices
- USB file activity alerts
- Block file transfers
AccessPatrol Device Control & Data Loss Prevention Software FAQ
Can I Set Unique Device Control Policies for Different Computers or Users?
Yes. With AccessPatrol’s USB control features you can block or allow USB flash drives and other peripherals for each computer, user, department, or other organizational unit (OU) in your company.
To do this, AccessPatrol’s management console allows you to create group folders with separate policies.
This feature is perfect for balancing USB data security with productivity; you can control USB devices for most employees while still providing access for trusted administrators that need unrestricted access.
Are There Any Limits to the Free Trial?
The free trial of our USB device control software is fully functional. You can deploy it on up to 10 computers for 14 days. If you need more time or more computers to properly evaluate AccessPatrol in your network, reach out to our support team.
Who Uses This USB Control Software?
CurrentWare has a global client base across a variety of industries including government, healthcare, finance, nonprofit, and manufacturing.
CurrentWare’s customers use our computer monitoring, web filtering, and USB control software to protect their business against time theft, data leakage, and web-based threats.
Read our data loss prevention and device control software customer case studies to learn more.
Can I Block Specific File Types from Being Transferred via USB Ports?
Yes. AccessPatrol can prevent your end-users from copying specific files to a USB device. These USB file transfer restrictions can be configured based on the file name or file extension.
The data transfer blocking feature can also be used on devices that are on the allowed list. This lets you provide access to company-authorized USB devices while still protecting the sensitive data in your network against exfiltration to portable storage hardware.
Does CurrentWare Have Access to Employee Data?
No, CurrentWare cannot access your employee’s computer monitoring data. CurrentWare’s software does not send your user’s computer usage data to CurrentWare. They are installed and managed by your organization.
With CurrentWare’s on-premises & self-managed cloud deployment options, you’re in complete control of your data.
- Sensitive employee data stays secured to your standards rather than being sent to a third party.
- Maintain data localization and residency compliance requirements by keeping employee data exactly where it needs to be.
- Retain auditable records of user activity for as long as you need
For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
Is This a Cloud Solution?
The CurrentWare Suite can be deployed on-premises or on a cloud platform of your choice. Both deployment option are compatible with remote workers with a few configuration changes.
Our USB control and endpoint security solutions are not cloud-native.
CurrentWare will not have access to your employee’s data. All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s employee monitoring and endpoint security solutions are stored on a database that is fully controlled and managed by your organization. For more information please refer to our Terms of Service.
Can I Restrict USB Devices and Monitor USB Activities in Citrix, Remote Desktop, and/or Windows Terminal Server Environments?
Yes. CurrentWare is a certified Citrix Ready Partner. The CurrentWare Suite (AccessPatrol, BrowseControl, BrowseReporter, and enPowerManager) is supported on desktop computers, virtual machines (VMs), and servers running modern versions of the Windows operating system.
You can install the CurrentWare Clients on your Citrix Workspace running Windows. In addition, all CurrentWare components are compatible with Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Terminal Servers (TS).
When controlling peripheral devices in Citrix with CurrentWare you can block devices on PC Mode to restrict the individual virtual machine or on User Mode to restrict devices for specific users across multiple devices and/or virtual machines.
Monitoring and managing your end-users with CurrentWare in a Terminal Services environment works similarly. The exception is that in a Terminal Server/Terminal Services environment the server will be registered as an individual endpoint; to apply granular policies for each user, department, or Organizational Unit you will need to use User Mode.
Which Devices Can I Control With AccessPatrol?
AccessPatrol can control a variety of peripherals and data egress points including removable media, cloud storage apps/websites, Bluetooth, and more.
Learn More: Devices You Can Control With AccessPatrol
Can I Use AccessPatrol to Control USB Access Permissions of My Remote Team?
Yes. CurrentWare’s software solutions support a variety of deployment options that allow you to prevent data leakage to USB devices no matter where your employees work.
Will My Employees Know That Portable Storage Devices Are Being Monitored?
As with any CurrentWare Suite product, your organization is in control of how visible the endpoint security solutions are.
AccessPatrol does not disclose when its USB activity monitoring feature is active. When your employees attempt to use an unauthorized USB device they can be presented with an optional warning message.
The CurrentWare software client that is used by our USB device control software operates in stealth mode by default.
In stealth mode, the CurrentWare software client is not visible in the system tray or control panel of the employee’s computer. Your employee will not be able to uninstall the program or stop it without administrator privileges.
If you would like your employees to be aware that they are being monitored, you can choose to show the CurrentWare software client in their system tray by enabling it in the client software settings.
If you would like to disable monitoring altogether, visit this article: How Do I Disable AccessPatrol’s Device Tracking?
How is the CurrentWare Suite Secured?
CurrentWare is committed to the security of its platform, its users and their data.
- All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s solutions is stored in your organization’s data center or cloud service provider; the data is not sent to CurrentWare.
- The web console cannot be accessed without a username and password. For an added layer of authentication security you can enable two-factor authentication.
- You can selectively enable/disable what data is tracked and delete old records automatically.
For a complete overview of the security measures that CurrentWare has in place tp prevent data leakage from the platform, check out the CurrentWare platform security overview page.