How to Track Employee Activities
to Increase Productivity
BrowseReporter captures the URLs of every visited web site. It includes a powerful reporting utility for generating tabular and graphical reports. It runs in stealth mode.
Let's get started!
There’s something I think we can all agree on: the Internet is a massive information repository that we can spend many hours peeling at the surface of its content – just to find out that we barely scratched the surface.
Employees are constantly being distracted by this ubiquitous medium that surrounds our daily life. So how do we keep ourselves and our employees focused and motivated?
Discovering Time Wasting Activities
If you let bad habits be, they will become worse. Start off by identifying websites that are detrimental to your business. Install employee web monitoring software on their computers and monitor their Internet activities.
How do I find out if my employees are wasting company time?
There are two ways to identify how productive your employees are. The method below is recommended for companies where the employees work using computers. You will need to install a tracking software to track their PC activities.Find out how much time they are spending on work-related applications
Not everyone is going to spend every second of their work hour working away for you. There is an expectation that your employees should spend at least 50% of their time doing their work.
When you are tracking your employees' PC activities, make sure you can run a report that shows you the time spent on their applications.
Here is an example report (Top N application by Browsing time) from BrowseReporter that clearly shows that this employee was spending most of his time on AutoCad - a program that is related to his work.
On the flipside, here's an example of an employee that's wasting company time. They are browsing the Internet (chrome.exe), listening to music (spotify.exe) and watching videos (wmplayer.exe) most of the time.
Digging this user's activities further, we can see that this employee was browsing on these time wasting websites during work hours.
Without BrowseReporter, you will not be able to identify employees that are abusing company policies.
Let’s get started on how to install BrowseReporter for your company.
How does BrowseReporter work?
We will show you how to use BrowseReporter Internet Monitor to effectively track the Internet usage of your employees.
You will be able to instantly identify users who are browsing distracting websites, such as Facebook.com, or violating company policies by visiting inappropriate websites.
Before your begin: Download the CurrentWare Setup File
On the Manager’s computer, install the CurrentWare Console
- Run the setup file.
- Select BrowseReporter
- The Installer will proceed to install the CurrentWare Server, Console and BrowseReporter onto your computer.
On the employees' computers, install the CurrentWare Clients
- Take the CurrentWare Client setup file and run it on the client computer.
- The installer will ask you for the computer name of the CurrentWare Console to establish a connection.
- After the CurrentWare Client is installed, it will connect to your CurrentWare Console automatically.
- Your employee's Internet activities are now being tracked by BrowseReporter.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on all the computers you would like to monitor for Internet usage.
Return to the Manager’s PC, launch the CurrentWare Console
- Under the BrowseReporter menu, click on "Run Report".
- Select one of the Report types to run the report on
- Select the computer/user you want to run this report on
- Select the sort by, order and reporting period and click Run Report
There are 18 different Internet usage reports to choose from. Here are some sample reports that you can run on your employees Internet activities: