CurrentWare version 6.0 is here! Here are the most exciting features that we’d love to highlight.
- A sleek new Web Console that lets you access CurrentWare from any computer on your network
- Give employees on-demand access to their BrowseReporter user activity data
- New group summary reports for BrowseReporter
Learn more about the changes in version 6.0 in the release notes
Introducing the New CurrentWare Web Console
The new CurrentWare Web Console lets you apply policies and run reports from the convenience of a web browser.
No need to install multiple CurrentWare Consoles on each manager’s computer, simply access the Web Console from a computer in your network and log in!
- Access the password-protected console from a web browser on any computer in your network
- Enjoy a sleek new user interface with simplified navigation
- Stay tuned for new features available only on the Web Console
Note: Customers on a support and maintenance plan with perpetual licenses can upgrade to v6.0, however, the Web Console is exclusively available for customers with a CurrentWare subscription plan. To upgrade from legacy perpetual licenses to the new subscription plan, please reach out to our sales team
CurrentWare v6.0 Webinar
Let Employees See Their User Activity Reports (BrowseReporter – Web Console Exclusive)
Starting in CurrentWare v6.0+ your employees can access their own user activity reports on-demand. Now your employees can see exactly how they’ve spent their time on the internet and computer applications.
Note: This feature is exclusive to the web console. You will need a CurrentWare subscription plan to use this feature.
Why give employees access to their computer activity data?
- Transparency: Employees can clearly see exactly what user activity data is being captured when they work on a monitored device.
- Autonomy: With on-demand access to their own user activity reports your employees can now use BrowseReporter to self-manage their productivity.
How does it work?
Once enabled, this optional BrowseReporter feature provides your end-users with the ability to access their user activity data directly from the CurrentWare Client.
To access their data your employees simply need to click the CurrentWare icon that appears in their computer’s system tray and open the dashboard.
How to enable this feature
- Open the CurrentWare Web Console
- Go to Settings
- Under Client Settings > General > “Client Settings for” drop-down menu, select the group that you want to enable the feature for
- Check “Show in System Tray” then check “Allow users to see their own web & app activities”
- Click “Apply” to save your changes
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each group you would like to enable the feature for
Group Summary Reports for BrowseReporter
The new group summary reports for BrowseReporter provide a convenient way to further your insights by aggregating the user activity data of your employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Will the Windows App (Winform) version of the CurrentWare console still work?
Yes. At this time we have no plans to deprecate the Winform version of CurrentWare and we will give advance notice if that is going to occur.
Transitioning to the Web Console provides the potential for new developments such as seamless reporting and data dashboards. As we move to newer web-based technologies with the Web Console there is a possibility that some new features will not be compatible with the Winform console.
2) If I do not upgrade to the 6.0+ subscription will my perpetual licenses still work?
Yes. Legacy customers that would like to remain on perpetual licenses can continue to use their CurrentWare products indefinitely. However, to gain access to the Web Console you will need to upgrade to a CurrentWare subscription plan.
If you’re a legacy customer transitioning from perpetual licenses to a 6.0+ subscription plan you will get an exclusive loyalty discount when you upgrade your licenses before June 30th, 2021.
3) Is this a cloud solution? If I install the Web Console where will my data be stored?
The CurrentWare 6.0 subscription plan and the Web Console are managed by your company, giving you full control over whether it is deployed on-premises or on the cloud. You can install CurrentWare on a cloud platform of your choice with our self-hosted cloud option.
Just as before, CurrentWare will not have access to your employee’s data. All of the data collected by CurrentWare’s software is stored on a database that is fully controlled and managed by your organization. For more information please refer to our Terms of Service
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
You can reach out to us by phone, email, or live chat. Visit our contact page for details.
See More CurrentWare Product Updates: