Note: Customers with perpetual licenses can upgrade to v7.0, however, the Web Console is exclusively available for customers with a CurrentWare subscription plan. Click here to upgrade to a CurrentWare subscription plan.
1. Upgrading the CurrentWare Server
- Before you upgrade your server, back up your existing CurrentWare database.
- From the CurrentWare Web Console go to Tools > Database Backup Scheduler
- Click the Run Backup Now button at the bottom
- By Default it will place the backup in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL15.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\Backup folder.
- Tools > Database Backup Scheduler > Enable database backup scheduler
- Select a path to store the database backup. By Default it will place the backup in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL15.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\Backup folder.
- Select the Run Backup Now option to push out a backup
From your CurrentWare server go to the path:
Make a copy of the CWNPFB.cwd file and place it in the CurrentWare Backups folder
- Download the latest version of CurrentWare
- Ensure you have antivirus exclusions in place to avoid upgrade conflicts.
- Run the CurrentWare.exe to follow the instructions on the installer wizard to upgrade the Currentware Server, Console, and Solutions.
- If you are upgrading from a version 6.X server to version 7.X, you will not need new keys if you are on subscription keys. The v6.0 keys will carryover.
If you are upgrading from version 4.X or 5.X to the latest version (v7.0), you will need to activate your CurrentWare Server with new licenses. Contact support to request for your new licenses.
- Customers upgrading from 5.5.3 or earlier versions will have the web console feature installed. You can test it out for 14 days and full access to the desktop console is still available.
Only Customers with a valid subscription or support & maintenance plan are entitled to new license keys and the latest versions.
If you do not have an active subscription or maintenance plan, please contact us to receive an upgrade quote.
2. Upgrading the CurrentWare Client
The upgrade of the CurrentWare Client is performed automatically in the following order:
- When a CurrentWare Client with an older version connects to the CurrentWare Server with a new version, the upgrade process will begin.
- The cwClientSetup.exe is copied over to the client computer (C:\Windows\Temp\cwClientSetup.exe) and the upgrade command is executed.
- Once the client is upgraded, the latest version will be listed under the detail pane on the CurrentWare Console
3. Activate your Software
Once you upgrade to CurrentWare version 7.0, you will need to activate your software with a new set of keys. If you were previously running a version older than 6.0.