Note: Customers with perpetual licenses can upgrade to the latest version, however, the Web Console is exclusively available for customers with a CurrentWare subscription plan. Click here to upgrade to a CurrentWare subscription plan.
1. Upgrading your CurrentWare Server
- Before you upgrade your server, back up your existing CurrentWare database.
- Download the latest version of CurrentWare
- Ensure you have antivirus exclusions in place to avoid upgrade conflicts.
- Run the CurrentWare.exe to follow the instructions on the installer wizard to upgrade your CurrentWare Server to the latest version
Do I need a new license key?
If you’re upgrading from an older version, you don’t need new keys if you have subscription keys. Your existing subscription keys will be transferred. Only Customers with a valid subscription or support & maintenance plan are entitled to new license keys and the latest versions. If you do not have an active subscription or maintenance plan, please contact us to receive an upgrade quote.
2. Upgrading your CurrentWare Clients
The upgrade of the CurrentWare Client is performed automatically in the following order:
- When a CurrentWare Client with an older version connects to the CurrentWare Server with a new version, the upgrade process will begin.
- The cwClientSetup.exe is copied over to the client computer (C:\Windows\Temp\cwClientSetup.exe) and the upgrade command is executed.
- After the client upgrade, the latest version installed on your client computers will be displayed on the Manage page of your CurrentWare Web Console.
3. Activate your Software
With a CurrentWare subscription plan, your software will remain activated without needing any further actions. If your CurrentWare software is not already activated, you can learn more about activating your CurrentWare licenses or reach out to our team for assistance by clicking on the button below: