July 7, 2021
- Capture screenshots: Capture high-resolution compressed screenshots of users’ computers to uncover risks and unproductive activities. Screenshots will be captured when users browse to a specific website or launch a specific application. It will capture the screenshot after 1 minutes of user activity. The capture time can be adjusted during capture creation. BR will only capture a single screenshot per web page session or active application session. After a screenshot is captured, BR will only capture another screenshot if the user visits a different web page or runs another application.
- Deprecating Firebird Database & Migrating to SQL only: SQL Express will replace Firebird as the default CurrentWare database. SQL Express performs much better than Firebird in every way. Existing customers will have to migrate their Firebird database to SQL during the software upgrade process.
- Automatically add any new computers/users in a folder to Report Profiles: Once a report profile is created, administrators no longer need to update the report profile when a new computer/user is added to the group. It will automatically add them to the report profile and run off their existing email schedules and email alerts.
- AD Sync in Web Console: An important feature for enterprise user management is now available on the web console.
- Reclassify Categories for BR reports: Allow system admins to reclassify the default website categories. When BrowseReporter productivity reports are not showing the correct categories of your websites, you can use this feature to change them to the appropriate category.
- Bulk Editor for BC URL Filter and AP Allowed List: Add and remove URLs/devices to multiple groups on BC’s allowed/blocked list and AP’s device allowed list.
- Allow users to request Internet access to blocked websites: Add a link to the BC blocked message to let users email administrators to request access to blocked websites.
- And 50 other bug fixes and feature updates.
March 31, 2021
- New modern CurrentWare Web Console. Manage your users, policies and run reports from the convenience of a web browser. No need to install multiple CurrentWare Consoles, simply access the web console remotely and log in.
- Added a new feature in BrowseReporter – End Users Reports: grant users access to see their website and application activity reports on their computers. – Web Console Exclusive
- Added group summary to 4 reports in BrowseReporter:
- Top 10 Categories by Browsing Time
- Top 30 Domains by Browsing Time
- Employee Productivity
- Top 10 Applications by Active Time
- Prepackaged the setup file with the SQL Express installer.
- Added an option to sort source & destination groups alphabetically in “Copy Group Settings”.
- Fixed a bug where application data wasn’t uploading to the server properly.
- Fixed a bug with the application usage report displaying more than 60 mins per hour.
- 11 other bug fixes & minor improvements.
Jan 4, 2021
- CurrentWare is now available in Japanese – request the download link from our team
- cwConsole displaying fully in Japanese.
- Added Unicode support to our database, which supports Japanese characters in user names and our data tables.
- Fixed an issue with BrowseControl not updating the Allowed/Blocked List to the clients properly when the data upload port is blocked.
- Fixed an issue with a small number of clients connecting to “loopback” after the client upgrade process failed to access the registry to retrieve the server name.
- Added a new report to enPowerManager – Client Connectivity Report
- Added an option to delete enPowerManager data.
- Improved the login time tracking of enPowerManager reports.
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol not tracking portable device files if the cwClient is restarted in offline mode.
- Fixed an issue with BrowseControl’s Custom Allowed/Blocked List not updating on Internet Scheduler if the “Apply to Clients” button wasn’t clicked.
- Fixed a bug with BrowseControl blocking the text input fields in Firefox if the filtering mode is set to UIA and the user types in a period.
- Fixed a bug with BrowseReporter losing small amounts of application data during offline mode.
- 16 other bugs fixes & minor improvements.
Sept 30, 2020
- Added 2 new reports to enPowerManager – User Logon & Logoff History & Computer Startup & Shut down History.
- Added Location Tracking by IP address to 4 BrowseReporter reports – Sites Visited, Employee Productivity, Top Domain & Top Categories by Browsing Time.
- Improved the cwConsole performance for setup with more than 500+ computers by reducing the load time of the list and windows.
- Added Access Code Generator to AccessPatrol User Mode.
- Enhanced AccessPatrol’s Block File Extensions to Block File Transfers.
- Added the Internet ON/OFF option on BrowseControl’s URL Filter window.
- Added Portable Devices to AccessPatrol’s File Tracking.
- Improved the readability of BrowseReporter’s Bandwidth Usage by URL report.
- Added an option to Block all except Wifi in AccessPatrol.
- Optimized client performance by splitting the client into multiple processes.
- Reduced the overhead of website tracking on Chrome browsers to improve end-user browsing experiences.
- Removed the excluded applications that were hardcoded into the client for application tracking.
July 22, 2020
- Fixed a client connection issue caused by hostname resolution (related to IPv6 connections)
May 27, 2020
- Added Active Directory Synchronization to the CurrentWare Console
- Added Web Page Title Tracking on BrowseReporter’s Sites Visited reports
- Enhanced Idle Time Settings to detect mouse and keyboard movement
- Separated Imaging Devices to Scanners, Webcams and Cameras
- Added File Sizes to File Operations History Report
- Added Block Printers to Device Permissions
- Added Block Network Share to Device Permissions
- Added CD/DVD software list to enhance blocking
- Merged BrowseReporter and AccessPatrol’s Email Settings
- Added connection status to the CurrentWare Client Configuration window
- Added Support to IPv6 Direct Access VPN client connection
- Added Edge Chromium compatibility
Feb 4, 2020
- Added Email Alerts to AccessPatrol to monitor files operations and devices accessed activities
- Enhanced AccessPatrol’s Allowed List to include imaging devices, portable devices and encrypted USB devices
- Added another unique identifier to AccessPatrol’s Allowed List – PNP Device ID
- Added Block File Extensions to prevent specific file types from being transferred to external devices.
- Added Active Directory Import for Windows users and organizational units
- Improved client connectivity when connecting more than 500 computers
- Added exclusion list to filter data from the AccessPatrol device reports
- Added port range to BrowseControl’s Port Filter
- Added Web Services as a fail over for AccessPatrol data upload
- BrowseControl is compatible with the latest Microsoft Edge Chromium browser
- Improved access to the CurrentWare Client configuration window
Oct 4, 2019
- Improved BrowseReporter’s data upload process with web services
- Moved the cwClient to a different folder to improve security
- Added monthly frequency with email reports
- URL filter is now compatible with IP addresses
- Fixed a performance issue with BrowseControl and Firefox browsers
- Fixed a few bugs with BrowseReporter’s reports
June 19, 2019
- Redesigned all of the BrowseReporter’s reports.
- Redesigned all of the AccessPatrol’s reports.
- Merged the File Operation History Report and the File Transfer Report.
- Added a new AccessPatrol feature called Access Code Generator – to provide temporary access to endpoint devices.
- Added User Mode support to AccessPatrol’s device tracking.
- Added an option to Redirect Clients (push method) from an old cwServer to a new cwServer.
- Reduced data upload size for Bandwidth tracking to fix data upload issues.
- Fixed a bug in BrowseReporter that caused browsing slowness on certain portal websites on Chrome.
- Fixed an issue where the cwClient caused Internet loss during the client upgrade.
- Optimized enPowerManager’s Wake on LAN option.
Feb. 1, 2019
- Introduced UIA filtering technology to BrowseControl.
- Added User Mode support for AccessPatrol.
- Optimized bandwidth tracking to reduce database file size.
- Improved enPowerManager’s Wake on LAN functionality.
- Fixed an issue where the cwConsole closes every 50 minutes.
- Enhanced AccessPatrol’s available device list.
- Enhanced the CWUserActivity.log.
- Added an option to restart the cwServer periodically.
- Added an option to delete bandwidth data.
- Fixed an issue with the hyperlinks not working in the Sites Visited report.
- Added AccessPatrol device data and Bandwidth data to the Auto Delete Scheduler.
- Reduce the BrowseReporter logo file size down to 10KB.
- Added Web service as a backup method for updating BrowseControl’s URL lists.
Nov. 9, 2018
- Added the option to Show Specific Category to “URL Categories Visited” and “Top N Categories by Browsing Time”
- Added Categories blocked in the cwBlockedURL.log. Improved UI for this option on the cwConsole
- Added Database Compression, Backup and Restore, Auto Delete Scheduler for SQL database
- Fixed an issue with the cwServer not starting when it loses connection to the SQL/Firebird database.
- Fixed an issue where BrowseControl sometimes block Internal IP addresses
- Fixed a few issues with AccessPatrol’s Device Allowed list
- Integrate Block QUIC traffic into the cwMetroClient – Enabled by default
- Optimize cwClient upgrade
- Added cwClientSetup Installer log
- Added a new option in Enable Stricter Handshake – Computer name only: Renaming a computer will result in only one entry on the console
July 30, 2018
- BrowseReporter URL tracking is now compatible with Chrome v68 (released on July 25)
- Fixed an issue with Auto Delete Scheduler deleting BrowseReporter data unintentionally
July 5, 2018
- New Database Support – Microsoft SQL Server
- Includes a Database Migration tool to migrate your existing FireBird database to SQL
- New AP report – File Transfer History with source and destination locations
- AccessPatrol will display a warning message when a user plugs in a blocked device
- Added encrypted USB to device allowed list
- Easy Database Upgrade Tool
- Improved cwMetroClient performance
- Email alerts will now display the last URL and Domain visited that triggered the alert
- Remote Client Install – Export results in a log file
- Added a command line switch to uninstall the cwClient
- Added Antivirus information in the cwClient.log
- URL Filter Optimized – validate URL format before adding it to the lists
- Fixed a bug with productivity report not allowing dashes in the URL
- Fixed a bug with Category Filtering subscription expiring prematurely
- Fixed an issue with tracking websites from French Chrome
- Fixed a data upload issue when the URL CUID = 0
- Fixed an issue with blocking specific SDHC cards
March 7, 2018
- Fixed an issue with BrowseReporter not tracking data on Firefox 64-bit browsers
- Fixed an issue cwTrack.exe and cwClient.exe crashing randomly
Jan 26, 2018
- Added a new feature to save a copy of the report (during the scheduled email reports)
- Added a new language – Dutch
- Reduced the file size of the default BrowseReporter logo in the reports
- Fixed an issue that was causing upload slowness
- Fixed a few issues related to the stability of the cwClient
- Fixed a bug that caused Category Filtering subscription to expire prematurely
Nov 24, 2017
- Added a new feature to enforce Google Safe Search
- HTTPS Advanced Settings is now compatible with Windows 7 and 8
- Added a new report – Social Media Activity by Domain
- Added a option to move computer to another folder in the right click menu
- Optimized cwAgent code for better caching
- Fixed a bug with the USB File Transfer History report
- Added an option to block Cortana’s Web Search (Tools > Client Settings > Internet Connection)
- Added scripts to enforce Firefox settings
- Fixed a bug that causes cwTrack.exe to crash
- Fixed a bug that causes cwAgent.exe to crash relating to MSVCR90.dll
- Reordered the BrowseControl menu items
Sept 22, 2017
- Fixed a bug with BrowseControl’s Category Filtering
- Fixed a bug with BrowseReporter’s data upload format
Sept 1, 2017
- Added an option to omit users with no data in AccessPatrol
- Added a warning message when blocking WiFi network adapter
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol blocking USB ethernet adapter
- Added additional log file for remote client install
August 9, 2017
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol causing BSOD in some special cases
- Added an option to enable stricter client connection handshake
- Optimized Bandwidth tracking for HTTPS websites
- Added external harddrive to the USB File Transfer History report
- Added a feature to allow devices by serial number in AccessPatrol
- Added a feature to export some reports in .CSV format
June 26, 2017
- BrowseReporter is compatible with Microsoft Edge version 40
- Added links additional links in the cwConsole for licensing support and live chat
- Fixed a few minor bugs with the cwClient
June 1, 2017
- HTTPS Filtering for allowing or blocking full URLs (Windows 10 only). (more details)
- AccessPatrol – Block New device – USB Ethernet Adapter
- Enable Group Tree in BrowseReporter reports by default
- Sign Windivert with MS Hardware signature
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol blocking latest smartphone devices
- Fixed a cwClient agent issue related to ntdll.dll
May 9, 2017
- Added an option to switch web filtering mode from cwMetroClient to cwClient for Windows 10 and Windows 2016 computers.
- Added compatibility with Windows Server 2016.
- Optimized the CurrentWare Console to improve load speed (applicable to network with 500+ PCs/users)
March 14, 2017
- Added an option to rename Category names for Category reports.
- Added an notification to Internet scheduler to remind user when Internet is about to be turned off.
- Added an option to automatically assign license when a new computer connects.
- Added an option to disable QUIC traffic (Block UDP).
- Added advanced settings in installer toggle the installation of required components.
- Added an option to configure Firebird port in cwClient.
- Created a Command line to change client, upload and firebird ports.
- Set Default option for “URL Categories Visited” and “URL Category Summary” to “All Categories”.
- Fixed an issue with Category lookup not working with Proxy Server settings.
- Fixed a Quota Settings bug that causes Internet OFF on some client computers.
- Enhanced the License Expiry Methods for Category Filtering.
- Fixed a bug with ‘Available device list’ UI is showing blank in Access Patrol due to arithmetic exception in stored procedure.
- Fixed a bug with Remote Client Install Finished with Server name -I (dash I).
- Fixed a bug with Hotfix validation changes preventing Remote Client install to start.
- Updated driver files to prevent Windows 10 from prompting Digital Signature.
- Fixed an issue with Application Tracking data is not showing in report with different date format.
Dec 28, 2016
- Added a new report – Category Drill Down.
- Added an option to include Horizontal graph to the Top 10 Domains by Browsing Time report.
- Added an option to view the cwBlockedURL.log file from the cwConsole.
- Added an option to import blocked URLs into the URL Filter.
- Added a recovery routine for BrowseControl’s Web Filtering process.
- Improve the speed of Category Filtering.
- Fixed a few minor issue with AccessPatrol reports.
- Fixed an issue with digital signature affecting one of BrowseControl’s minor processes.
- Optimized cwClient to reduce “Server Busy: Switch to” error from Chrome and Firefox.
Oct 26, 2016
- New Report – Employee Productivity Report. Assign categories and websites that are productive or unproductive to your company, to access the overall efficiency of your employees.
- New Report – Social Media Activity. Display activities exclusively form the social media category.
- New Report – Search Engine Keywords. Tracking of search engine keywords by your employees.
- Added the “Run Backup Now” button on the Database Backup Scheduler to perform one-time backup.
- Added an easier way to install additional CurrentWare Solutions on the CurrentWare Console.
- Added an option to select Categories in Email Alerts.
- Added a new feature to log blocked URLs to help identify URLs to be added to the Allowed list.
- Implemented a new methodology to detect missing cwProvider layers (BrowseControl) and reinstall the layers automatically.
- Fixed an issue with the Remote Client Uninstall does not happen on slower computers.
- Added a delay to the BrowseReporter warning message and show client icon in the system tray.
- Removed a bug with email format validation in the Email Settings for Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Optimized duplicate computer name validation by using MAC address as the unique identifier.
- Added a separate log file for automatic client upgrade.
- Resolved an issue causing high CPU usage on Windows 10 client computers.
- The quota measurement in Quota Limit has changed. Only Internet browsers will affect the quota.
Sept 12, 2016
- BrowseReporter is compatible with the latest version of Chrome (version 53)
- Enhanced Category Filtering with URL based filtering for Search Criteria
- Fixed an issue with USB tracking not working when multiple drives are connected
- Modified Installer compression method
July 7, 2016
- New BrowseReporter Feature – Tracking Application Usage.
- 4 new reports for Application Usage.
- Optimized Exclusion List, Tracking Scheduler and Delete Data for Application Usage.
- Added more details to the upload message from Request latest data/
- Enhanced Internet Scheduler by listing the status (Enabled or Disabled) on the the window.
- Removed URL limits from Internet Scheduler’s Custom Allowed or Blocked list.
- Removed the one minute gap discrepancy between each schedule on the Internet scheduler.
- Added more categories to Category Filtering
- Display Warning message is compatible with HTML codes
- enPowerManager – Added the option to enable or disable Require a password on Wakeup
- Database Scheduler – Added the option to change backup location
- Added Search capability in the License Management window
- Added maintenance reminder to keep your support plan up to date.
- Added new log – CWUserActivity.log
- Added a link to provide product feedback
- Upgraded to .NET Framework v3.5
Windows XP is not compatible with version 5.1 onwards.
Don't have CurentWare Installed? Download & Get started with a free trial!