March 31, 2021
- New modern CurrentWare Web Console. Manage your users, policies and run reports from the convenience of a web browser. No need to install multiple CurrentWare Consoles, simply access the web console remotely and log in.
- Added a new feature in BrowseReporter – End Users Reports: grant users access to see their website and application activity reports on their computers. – Web Console Exclusive
- Added group summary to 4 reports in BrowseReporter:
- Top 10 Categories by Browsing Time
- Top 30 Domains by Browsing Time
- Employee Productivity
- Top 10 Applications by Active Time
- Prepackaged the setup file with the SQL Express installer.
- Added an option to sort source & destination groups alphabetically in “Copy Group Settings”.
- Fixed a bug where application data wasn’t uploading to the server properly.
- Fixed a bug with the application usage report displaying more than 60 mins per hour.
- 11 other bug fixes & minor improvements.
Jan 4, 2021
- CurrentWare is now available in Japanese – request the download link from our team
- cwConsole displaying fully in Japanese.
- Added Unicode support to our database, which supports Japanese characters in user names and our data tables.
- Fixed an issue with BrowseControl not updating the Allowed/Blocked List to the clients properly when the data upload port is blocked.
- Fixed an issue with a small number of clients connecting to “loopback” after the client upgrade process failed to access the registry to retrieve the server name.
- Added a new report to enPowerManager – Client Connectivity Report
- Added an option to delete enPowerManager data.
- Improved the login time tracking of enPowerManager reports.
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol not tracking portable device files if the cwClient is restarted in offline mode.
- Fixed an issue with BrowseControl’s Custom Allowed/Blocked List not updating on Internet Scheduler if the “Apply to Clients” button wasn’t clicked.
- Fixed a bug with BrowseControl blocking the text input fields in Firefox if the filtering mode is set to UIA and the user types in a period.
- Fixed a bug with BrowseReporter losing small amounts of application data during offline mode.
- 16 other bugs fixes & minor improvements.
Sept 30, 2020
- Added 2 new reports to enPowerManager – User Logon & Logoff History & Computer Startup & Shut down History.
- Added Location Tracking by IP address to 4 BrowseReporter reports – Sites Visited, Employee Productivity, Top Domain & Top Categories by Browsing Time.
- Improved the cwConsole performance for setup with more than 500+ computers by reducing the load time of the list and windows.
- Added Access Code Generator to AccessPatrol User Mode.
- Enhanced AccessPatrol’s Block File Extensions to Block File Transfers.
- Added the Internet ON/OFF option on BrowseControl’s URL Filter window.
- Added Portable Devices to AccessPatrol’s File Tracking.
- Improved the readability of BrowseReporter’s Bandwidth Usage by URL report.
- Added an option to Block all except Wifi in AccessPatrol.
- Optimized client performance by splitting the client into multiple processes.
- Reduced the overhead of website tracking on Chrome browsers to improve end-user browsing experiences.
- Removed the excluded applications that were hardcoded into the client for application tracking.
July 22, 2020
- Fixed a client connection issue caused by hostname resolution (related to IPv6 connections)
May 27, 2020
- Added Active Directory Synchronization to the CurrentWare Console
- Added Web Page Title Tracking on BrowseReporter’s Sites Visited reports
- Enhanced Idle Time Settings to detect mouse and keyboard movement
- Separated Imaging Devices to Scanners, Webcams and Cameras
- Added File Sizes to File Operations History Report
- Added Block Printers to Device Permissions
- Added Block Network Share to Device Permissions
- Added CD/DVD software list to enhance blocking
- Merged BrowseReporter and AccessPatrol’s Email Settings
- Added connection status to the CurrentWare Client Configuration window
- Added Support to IPv6 Direct Access VPN client connection
- Added Edge Chromium compatibility
Feb 4, 2020
- Added Email Alerts to AccessPatrol to monitor files operations and devices accessed activities
- Enhanced AccessPatrol’s Allowed List to include imaging devices, portable devices and encrypted USB devices
- Added another unique identifier to AccessPatrol’s Allowed List – PNP Device ID
- Added Block File Extensions to prevent specific file types from being transferred to external devices.
- Added Active Directory Import for Windows users and organizational units
- Improved client connectivity when connecting more than 500 computers
- Added exclusion list to filter data from the AccessPatrol device reports
- Added port range to BrowseControl’s Port Filter
- Added Web Services as a fail over for AccessPatrol data upload
- BrowseControl is compatible with the latest Microsoft Edge Chromium browser
- Improved access to the CurrentWare Client configuration window
Oct 4, 2019
- Improved BrowseReporter’s data upload process with web services
- Moved the cwClient to a different folder to improve security
- Added monthly frequency with email reports
- URL filter is now compatible with IP addresses
- Fixed a performance issue with BrowseControl and Firefox browsers
- Fixed a few bugs with BrowseReporter’s reports
June 19, 2019
- Redesigned all of the BrowseReporter’s reports.
- Redesigned all of the AccessPatrol’s reports.
- Merged the File Operation History Report and the File Transfer Report.
- Added a new AccessPatrol feature called Access Code Generator – to provide temporary access to endpoint devices.
- Added User Mode support to AccessPatrol’s device tracking.
- Added an option to Redirect Clients (push method) from an old cwServer to a new cwServer.
- Reduced data upload size for Bandwidth tracking to fix data upload issues.
- Fixed a bug in BrowseReporter that caused browsing slowness on certain portal websites on Chrome.
- Fixed an issue where the cwClient caused Internet loss during the client upgrade.
- Optimized enPowerManager’s Wake on LAN option.
Feb. 1, 2019
- Introduced UIA filtering technology to BrowseControl.
- Added User Mode support for AccessPatrol.
- Optimized bandwidth tracking to reduce database file size.
- Improved enPowerManager’s Wake on LAN functionality.
- Fixed an issue where the cwConsole closes every 50 minutes.
- Enhanced AccessPatrol’s available device list.
- Enhanced the CWUserActivity.log.
- Added an option to restart the cwServer periodically.
- Added an option to delete bandwidth data.
- Fixed an issue with the hyperlinks not working in the Sites Visited report.
- Added AccessPatrol device data and Bandwidth data to the Auto Delete Scheduler.
- Reduce the BrowseReporter logo file size down to 10KB.
- Added Web service as a backup method for updating BrowseControl’s URL lists.
Nov. 9, 2018
- Added the option to Show Specific Category to “URL Categories Visited” and “Top N Categories by Browsing Time”
- Added Categories blocked in the cwBlockedURL.log. Improved UI for this option on the cwConsole
- Added Database Compression, Backup and Restore, Auto Delete Scheduler for SQL database
- Fixed an issue with the cwServer not starting when it loses connection to the SQL/Firebird database.
- Fixed an issue where BrowseControl sometimes block Internal IP addresses
- Fixed a few issues with AccessPatrol’s Device Allowed list
- Integrate Block QUIC traffic into the cwMetroClient – Enabled by default
- Optimize cwClient upgrade
- Added cwClientSetup Installer log
- Added a new option in Enable Stricter Handshake – Computer name only: Renaming a computer will result in only one entry on the console
July 30, 2018
- BrowseReporter URL tracking is now compatible with Chrome v68 (released on July 25)
- Fixed an issue with Auto Delete Scheduler deleting BrowseReporter data unintentionally
July 5, 2018
- New Database Support – Microsoft SQL Server
- Includes a Database Migration tool to migrate your existing FireBird database to SQL
- New AP report – File Transfer History with source and destination locations
- AccessPatrol will display a warning message when a user plugs in a blocked device
- Added encrypted USB to device allowed list
- Easy Database Upgrade Tool
- Improved cwMetroClient performance
- Email alerts will now display the last URL and Domain visited that triggered the alert
- Remote Client Install – Export results in a log file
- Added a command line switch to uninstall the cwClient
- Added Antivirus information in the cwClient.log
- URL Filter Optimized – validate URL format before adding it to the lists
- Fixed a bug with productivity report not allowing dashes in the URL
- Fixed a bug with Category Filtering subscription expiring prematurely
- Fixed an issue with tracking websites from French Chrome
- Fixed a data upload issue when the URL CUID = 0
- Fixed an issue with blocking specific SDHC cards
March 7, 2018
- Fixed an issue with BrowseReporter not tracking data on Firefox 64-bit browsers
- Fixed an issue cwTrack.exe and cwClient.exe crashing randomly
Jan 26, 2018
- Added a new feature to save a copy of the report (during the scheduled email reports)
- Added a new language – Dutch
- Reduced the file size of the default BrowseReporter logo in the reports
- Fixed an issue that was causing upload slowness
- Fixed a few issues related to the stability of the cwClient
- Fixed a bug that caused Category Filtering subscription to expire prematurely
Nov 24, 2017
- Added a new feature to enforce Google Safe Search
- HTTPS Advanced Settings is now compatible with Windows 7 and 8
- Added a new report – Social Media Activity by Domain
- Added a option to move computer to another folder in the right click menu
- Optimized cwAgent code for better caching
- Fixed a bug with the USB File Transfer History report
- Added an option to block Cortana’s Web Search (Tools > Client Settings > Internet Connection)
- Added scripts to enforce Firefox settings
- Fixed a bug that causes cwTrack.exe to crash
- Fixed a bug that causes cwAgent.exe to crash relating to MSVCR90.dll
- Reordered the BrowseControl menu items
Sept 22, 2017
- Fixed a bug with BrowseControl’s Category Filtering
- Fixed a bug with BrowseReporter’s data upload format
Sept 1, 2017
- Added an option to omit users with no data in AccessPatrol
- Added a warning message when blocking WiFi network adapter
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol blocking USB ethernet adapter
- Added additional log file for remote client install
August 9, 2017
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol causing BSOD in some special cases
- Added an option to enable stricter client connection handshake
- Optimized Bandwidth tracking for HTTPS websites
- Added external harddrive to the USB File Transfer History report
- Added a feature to allow devices by serial number in AccessPatrol
- Added a feature to export some reports in .CSV format
June 26, 2017
- BrowseReporter is compatible with Microsoft Edge version 40
- Added links additional links in the cwConsole for licensing support and live chat
- Fixed a few minor bugs with the cwClient
June 1, 2017
- HTTPS Filtering for allowing or blocking full URLs (Windows 10 only). (more details)
- AccessPatrol – Block New device – USB Ethernet Adapter
- Enable Group Tree in BrowseReporter reports by default
- Sign Windivert with MS Hardware signature
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol blocking latest smartphone devices
- Fixed a cwClient agent issue related to ntdll.dll
May 9, 2017
- Added an option to switch web filtering mode from cwMetroClient to cwClient for Windows 10 and Windows 2016 computers.
- Added compatibility with Windows Server 2016.
- Optimized the CurrentWare Console to improve load speed (applicable to network with 500+ PCs/users)
March 14, 2017
- Added an option to rename Category names for Category reports.
- Added an notification to Internet scheduler to remind user when Internet is about to be turned off.
- Added an option to automatically assign license when a new computer connects.
- Added an option to disable QUIC traffic (Block UDP).
- Added advanced settings in installer toggle the installation of required components.
- Added an option to configure Firebird port in cwClient.
- Created a Command line to change client, upload and firebird ports.
- Set Default option for “URL Categories Visited” and “URL Category Summary” to “All Categories”.
- Fixed an issue with Category lookup not working with Proxy Server settings.
- Fixed a Quota Settings bug that causes Internet OFF on some client computers.
- Enhanced the License Expiry Methods for Category Filtering.
- Fixed a bug with ‘Available device list’ UI is showing blank in Access Patrol due to arithmetic exception in stored procedure.
- Fixed a bug with Remote Client Install Finished with Server name -I (dash I).
- Fixed a bug with Hotfix validation changes preventing Remote Client install to start.
- Updated driver files to prevent Windows 10 from prompting Digital Signature.
- Fixed an issue with Application Tracking data is not showing in report with different date format.
Dec 28, 2016
- Added a new report – Category Drill Down.
- Added an option to include Horizontal graph to the Top 10 Domains by Browsing Time report.
- Added an option to view the cwBlockedURL.log file from the cwConsole.
- Added an option to import blocked URLs into the URL Filter.
- Added a recovery routine for BrowseControl’s Web Filtering process.
- Improve the speed of Category Filtering.
- Fixed a few minor issue with AccessPatrol reports.
- Fixed an issue with digital signature affecting one of BrowseControl’s minor processes.
- Optimized cwClient to reduce “Server Busy: Switch to” error from Chrome and Firefox.
Oct 26, 2016
- New Report – Employee Productivity Report. Assign categories and websites that are productive or unproductive to your company, to access the overall efficiency of your employees.
- New Report – Social Media Activity. Display activities exclusively form the social media category.
- New Report – Search Engine Keywords. Tracking of search engine keywords by your employees.
- Added the “Run Backup Now” button on the Database Backup Scheduler to perform one-time backup.
- Added an easier way to install additional CurrentWare Solutions on the CurrentWare Console.
- Added an option to select Categories in Email Alerts.
- Added a new feature to log blocked URLs to help identify URLs to be added to the Allowed list.
- Implemented a new methodology to detect missing cwProvider layers (BrowseControl) and reinstall the layers automatically.
- Fixed an issue with the Remote Client Uninstall does not happen on slower computers.
- Added a delay to the BrowseReporter warning message and show client icon in the system tray.
- Removed a bug with email format validation in the Email Settings for Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Optimized duplicate computer name validation by using MAC address as the unique identifier.
- Added a separate log file for automatic client upgrade.
- Resolved an issue causing high CPU usage on Windows 10 client computers.
- The quota measurement in Quota Limit has changed. Only Internet browsers will affect the quota.
Sept 12, 2016
- BrowseReporter is compatible with the latest version of Chrome (version 53)
- Enhanced Category Filtering with URL based filtering for Search Criteria
- Fixed an issue with USB tracking not working when multiple drives are connected
- Modified Installer compression method
July 7, 2016
- New BrowseReporter Feature – Tracking Application Usage.
- 4 new reports for Application Usage.
- Optimized Exclusion List, Tracking Scheduler and Delete Data for Application Usage.
- Added more details to the upload message from Request latest data/
- Enhanced Internet Scheduler by listing the status (Enabled or Disabled) on the the window.
- Removed URL limits from Internet Scheduler’s Custom Allowed or Blocked list.
- Removed the one minute gap discrepancy between each schedule on the Internet scheduler.
- Added more categories to Category Filtering
- Display Warning message is compatible with HTML codes
- enPowerManager – Added the option to enable or disable Require a password on Wakeup
- Database Scheduler – Added the option to change backup location
- Added Search capability in the License Management window
- Added maintenance reminder to keep your support plan up to date.
- Added new log – CWUserActivity.log
- Added a link to provide product feedback
- Upgraded to .NET Framework v3.5
Windows XP is not compatible with version 5.1 onwards.
Don't have CurentWare Installed? Download & Get started with a free trial!