Data Loss Prevention Solutions for Financial Services
(Banking & Insurance)
CurrentWare’s suite of computer monitoring and endpoint security tools provide the critical security controls you need for your data loss prevention strategy. Protect monetary, consumer, and business data against breaches caused by illicit data exfiltration, malicious websites, and insider threats.
CurrentWare’s Data Loss Prevention Solutions
You have a duty of care to protect the sensitive information in your custody. By establishing proactive data security measures that secure intellectual property (IP), M&A plans, monetary data, personally identifiable information (PII), and other sensitive company data you can further demonstrate compliance with GLBA, PCI-DSS, SOX, FISMA, and NYDFS.
Data Loss Prevention & Endpoint Security
CurrentWare’s endpoint DLP solution provides you with critical peripheral device controls for protecting sensitive data against loss, theft, and unauthorized copying to USB devices.
- Custom Device Permissions: Assign read-only, no access, and full access for USB devices based on user, device, or organizational unit.
- USB Blocker: Prevent employees from using unauthorized devices that can be used to transmit ransomware and illicitly exfiltrate data.
- File Transfer Visibility: Alert administrators to suspicious file activity and maintain an auditable log of files that have been copied, created, and deleted on USB devices.
Employee Computer Monitoring
CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software for tracking how employees and other users engage with technology in the workplace.
- Internet Usage Monitor: Application and internet usage monitoring to maintain logs of computer activity and alert administrators to undesirable web activities.
- Screen Monitoring: View the screens of employees in real-time and remotely capture their contents.
- Auditable Monitoring Records: Maintain perpetual records of applications used, websites visited, bandwidth consumed, and keywords input into search engines.
Internet Content Filtering
CurrentWare’s application and internet control software to prevent access to content that is unsafe, inappropriate, and unproductive.
- Application and Web Filtering: Block access to websites and applications that put sensitive data at risk: unauthorized cloud storage, P2P filesharing platforms, and websites that are known to contain malware.
- Easily Blacklist Websites: Combine custom whitelists and blacklists with BrowseControl’s Category Filtering add-on to seamlessly block thousands of websites spanning across over 100 URL categories.
- Blocks Internet Access: Block internet access entirely for the best internet protection on legacy systems.
Advanced Power Policy Management
CurrentWare’s energy management solution. Conserve energy, reduce costs, and help protect the environment – all from a centralized console.
- Power Management: Advanced power policy controls provide the means for remotely restarting devices after deploying security updates.
- Cost Savings: Save on energy costs by scheduling devices to start up and shut down during specified time slots or by using enPowerManager’s integrated Wake-on-LAN features.
- Go Green: Reduce unnecessary computer power usage as a critical part of energy efficiency initiatives.
Data Loss Prevention Features for Protecting Financial Data with CurrentWare
Granular Policy Configurations
Granular configurations based on devices, users, workgroups, and other organizational units allow financial organizations and other business services to establish security policies that protect the data in their custody. Policy configurations can be extended offsite for mobile workers using laptops to access the company network.
Take Back Control Over Your Technology
The software solutions in the CurrentWare suite provide professional services organizations with critical security controls for managing technology on the network.You can rest assured that all of the devices on the network are being consistently monitored and managed without the overhead associated with manually managing devices.
- Effortlessly manage group and device policies from the convenient central console.
- Prevent external threat actors from accessing your network by completely blocking employees from using the internet on vulnerable devices.
- Enforce the exclusive use of secured intranets to prevent file mismanagement through unsecured channels.
Employee Computer Monitoring Software
Monitor computer activity on the network to detect employees engaging in suspicious behavior. Alert security personnel and managers when employees attempt to use unauthorized USB devices on endpoints, transfer sensitive files to external storage devices, or use personal cloud storage accounts on company endpoints.
- Real time monitoring alerts dedicated personnel to suspicious employee web activity, file operations on USB devices, and application use.
- Track users to identify the frequency and duration of use for applications and websites related to corporate data.
- Detect illicit data transfer attempts to external storage devices
- Maintain auditable logs of activities performed by all of your managed users
Endpoint Data Loss Prevention Features
Industries that rely on PII, financials, and IP data are a top target for both cybercriminals and insider threats thanks to the valuable monetary amount associated with the data they have in their custody. The CurrentWare Suite provides robust endpoint security and data loss prevention features that protect fiscal data and other sensitive company data against insider threats.
- USB device control software for restricting data transfers to unauthorized USB devices.
- Enforce the exclusive use of authorized USB devices to ensure that data is not taken off-site on personal devices.
- Application controls to prevent unauthorized users and devices from launching computer programs that are used to manage company data.
Content filtering features allow administrators to manage the internet and application permissions of every managed user, device, and department with convenient centrally-managed whitelists and blacklists.
- Remove the threat of data exfiltration caused by P2P file-sharing websites and personal cloud storage use.
- Block websites that are known to contain malware and other unsuitable materials with BrowseControl’s continuously updated Category Filtering database.
- Prevent unauthorized users from accessing web portals and applications that are used to manage financial data.
On-Site Data Storage With Custom Data Retention
The CurrentWare suite operates entirely on-premises while maintaining the capabilities needed for managing and monitoring workers that are off-site. Keep employee monitoring data on-premises to ensure compliance with data residency requirements and reduce reliance on third-party support.
- Control who has access to monitoring data with on-site security and privileged access management.
- Use existing pre-vetted cloud storage providers for secure off-site backups of monitoring data without the administrative overhead of entering into additional Business Associate Agreements (BAA).
- Customize data retention settings for employee monitoring data to store it indefinitely or delete it at scheduled intervals.
First Choice Health protects their patients' information
Advantageous Pricing for Financial Services
While the solutions in the CurrentWare suite can be purchased individually, the best value comes from purchasing the full suite.
Buy Once, Keep Forever
Perpetual licenses protect devices and data without the burden of monthly fees and fixed-term software availability.
Each purchase comes with 1 year of support and maintenance including free product upgrades, installation assistance, and on-demand technical support.
Volume-based licensing provides advantageous pricing for organizations that need to manage large quantities of devices.
Protect Sensitive Financial Data Against Insider Threats
Companies working with financial data need to develop an endpoint monitoring and management policy that fights against data breaches caused by malicious and negligent insider threats. AccessPatrol’s endpoint detection and response capabilities protect financial data against illicit exfiltration and file mismanagement using USB device control features that mitigating the data security risks associated with external storage devices.
How to Protect Financial Data Against Risky USB Devices
Any USB device - including seemingly innocent USB-powered lights and fans - can be secretly modified to give them data transmission and storage capabilities.
AccessPatrol protects sensitive financial data against rogue USB devices by giving IT security personnel full control over which devices are allowed or blocked on company devices. By exclusively allowing whitelisted devices to be used on computers AccessPatrol proactively prevents employees and contractors from exfiltrating data using unauthorized USB devices .
- Personal Devices: With AccessPatrol you can ensure that your staff and contractors are not taking sensitive financial data home with them on their personal USB storage devices.
- Read-Only Access: Employees that charge their phones and other personal devices on company endpoints may inadvertently be transmitting malware. Configure read-only access on these devices to allow them to be charged without transmitting data to systems that store sensitive financial data.
- Block Fiscal File Formats Even whitelisted devices can be a potential data security risk if insider threats are mishandling data. Prevent your employees from transferring sensitive fiscal and other company data to their devices with AccessPatrol’s file blocker.
- Encrypted USBs: Enforce the exclusive use of encrypted USB devices with AccessPatrol’s device whitelist. If you would like to implement BitLocker to encrypt data on a hard disk, AccessPatrol will continue to authenticate your encrypted devices and block unauthorized peripherals.
Enhanced File Transfer and Device Usage History
AccessPatrol’s endpoint detection and response features provide you with the detailed records and alerts you need to ensure that sensitive financial data is handled correctly. Protect sensitive files by configuring AccessPatrol to alert security personnel to suspicious endpoint activities on their network.
- Data Loss Prevention Reports for Digital Forensics Investigations In addition to real-time alerts, AccessPatrol can be configured to automatically generate and archive auditable financial data transfer DLP reports that serve as valuable pieces of electronic evidence for use by digital forensics detectives investigating the cause of a data breach.
- File Operations History Maintain evidence of any files that were copied, created, deleted, or renamed on USB devices. AccessPatrol’s file operations history reports document the actions taken, the date and time they occured, the file types interacted with, as well as the source and destination paths of all file operations.
- Allowed Devices History Review exactly how whitelisted devices are being used in your organization. These reports allow investigators to see the times and dates that the devices on the allowed list have been used on company computers.
- Allowed vs Denied History Inspect employee peripheral device usage history to identify attempts to use blocked or unapproved devices. AccessPatrol displays employee device usage history to show the sequence of device usage events leading up to the attempted connection of blocked devices.
- All Devices Accessed These detailed device usage history reports provide investigators with detailed device usage history reports that display a high-level overview of each and every peripheral device plugged into your endpoints.
- Real-Time Alerts In addition to collecting digital evidence, AccessPatrol can be used as an endpoint detection and response tool. AccessPatrol’s real-time email alerts immediately notify security teams of suspicious file transfers and unauthorized peripheral device usage in their network. Easily identify any employees that attempt to copy sensitive files to external storage devices, delete files on external hard drives, or connect unknown devices to their computers.
- Manage Devices That Are Taken Off-site Mobile devices pose a unique threat due to their reduced physical security. When laptops are taken off-site by employees you can rest assured that AccessPatrol’s endpoint security policies remain enforced without the need for an internet connection. Your managed devices will continue to enforce the existing endpoint security policies and any updates to your configurations will automatically synchronize with the CurrentWare server when they reconnect to your network.
CurrentWare’s No Obligation FREE Trial
Investing in new technology is a major decision. CurrentWare is going to help your business services company take back control over how technology and sensitive data is used by your employees with a no-obligation FREE trial of our data loss prevention software solutions.