CurrentWare version 5.5.2 is here! Along with it comes a list of exciting new features and performance upgrades for all of the products in the CurrentWare suite. If you’d like the short-hand summary of the new features, you can always find the latest updates in the release notes.
We put time into developing these new features based off of ongoing feedback and requests from our customers. If you have features you’d like to see in a future release, get in touch with us!
CurrentWare v5.5.2 Webinar
Audit Logons and Startups with enPowerManager
If you’ve purchased the CurrentWare suite you’re already familiar with enPowerManager’s remote power management features. In this update we’re taking the first steps towards making enPowerManager a powerful device management product.
Much like BrowseReporter and AccessPatrol, enPowerManager now has its very own reports. The new reports make auditing Windows event logs for logon, logoff, startup, shutdown, and sleep events as easy as pressing a few buttons in the CurrentWare console.
Track Startup and Shutdown Events in Windows
- Maintain auditable records of startup and shutdown events
- Remotely verify that computers have shutdown or startup as expected
- Track the last known user for each endpoint
Audit Logon Events
- Meet compliance requirements with a convenient and auditable record of user activity
- See if user accounts or computers are being logged into after hours
- Track user logon session times
Compare In-Office and Remote Worker Productivity with BrowseReporter
Managing remote workers is a unique challenge and you need a way to make data-informed decisions. Fortunately, all of CurrentWare’s products are compatible with remote workers.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have taken our remote workforce management capabilities a step further. BrowseReporter’s reports have been upgraded to allow you to compare employee activity based on whether they were working in-office or remotely.
Here’s how it works:
- Enable BrowseReporter’s productivity by location feature
- The CurrentWare client will now track the IP address of the employee’s computer
- Define the designated IP addresses that will be considered “in office”
- All data collected from IP addresses that don’t match the “in office” IP addresses will be designated as “remote”
- When you generate web activity reports you will now have the option to filter user activity data based on location
Version 5.5.2 will add the productivity by location feature to the Sites Visited, Employee Productivity, Top Domain & Top Categories by Browsing Time reports.
Block File Transfers, Grant Access to Endpoint Devices, and Track File Transfers to Portable Devices with AccessPatrol
Version 5.5.2 brings enhancements to these three existing AccessPatrol features:
- Access Code Generator can now provide a code that grants a temporary override of your AccessPatrol policies for users. Previous versions exclusively generated codes based on endpoints.
- Block File Transfers can now block based on keywords. In addition to blocking file types such as .pdf, .xslx,.db, etc. you can now add a keyword such as “Report” to block the transfer of any files with the word “report” in their file name.
- Track File Transfers to USB Devices can now track what files have been copied to portable devices such as smartphones and tablets.
To make locking down devices more convenient we’ve also added a Block all except Wifi option in AccessPatrol. If you want to provide your users with a wifi-only device you can select this option and AccessPatrol will do it all for you.
This saves you the time and effort of manually blocking portable storage devices, optical media, bluetooth, and the other devices that AccessPatrol can control when you want to assign a wifi-only policy to your managed users.
In addition to the features we’ve highlighted today, we’ve implemented several usability and efficiency upgrades. These tweaks will further improve the ease-of-use and performance of your CurrentWare products when you upgrade to version 5.5.2.
Other updates coming in version 5.5.2:
- Improved the cwConsole performance for setup with more than 500+ computers by reducing the load time of the list and windows.
- Added the Internet ON/OFF option on BrowseControl’s URL Filter window.
- Improved the readability of BrowseReporter’s Bandwidth Usage by URL report.
- Optimized client performance by splitting the client into multiple processes.
- Reduced the overhead of website tracking on Chrome browsers to improve end-user browsing experiences.
- Removed the excluded applications that were hardcoded into the client for application tracking.
How to Upgrade to CurrentWare Version 5.5.2
If you already have 5.5.0 or 5.5.1 licenses
If you own version 5.5.0 or 5.5.1 you existing license keys will work for the new version.
If you own an older version of CurrentWare
If you do not own version 5.5.0 or 5.5.1 you will need to request a new license key to upgrade to version 5.5.2.
As always, you can see the latest release notes on the CurrentWare knowledge base. We’re always hard at work behind the scenes to provide our customers with the features they need to manage their workforce. Stay tuned for future updates, and sign up for a free trial of the latest CurrentWare products if you haven’t had the opportunity to try it already.