Yes! You can install CurrentWare on a single standalone computer by installing all the components on the single computer – the CurrentWare Server, Console, the Solutions and the CurrentWare Client. This is great for PCs in a business environment that maybe part of your network, but do not have internet access.
Installing the CurrentWare Console, Server, and Solution
- Run the CurrentWare.exe setup file.
- Accept the terms in the License Agreement.
- Select the Security Solutions you want to install.
- AccessPatrol: Block USB and external devices.
- BrowseControl: Web Filter and Application Blocking.
- BrowseReporter: Internet Activity Tracking.
- enPowerManager: Remote Power Management.
- The Installer will proceed to install the CurrentWare Server, Console and Solutions onto your computer.
Installing the CurrentWare Client
- Run the cwClientSetup.exe setup file.
- When prompted for the CurrentWare Server, put in the word loopback. This will make the Client connect to itself.
- Finish the installation.
Password Protect the CurrentWare Console
When you install the web console, you will be prompted to create a username and password. As of 6.0.0, there is no additional steps to create a password.
NOTE: This is only needed if you are running a version prior to 6.0.1
- Launch the CurrentWare Console.
- Go to Tools > Operators.
- Click on Add and add an operator with the administrator role.
- Once an administrator has been added, check the option “Enable Password Security”.
- The next time you launch the CurrentWare Console, it will ask you to enter the operator name and password.