How to Block Facebook with BrowseControl
BrowseControl is an easy to use Internet Control Software that restricts Internet access and enforces Internet usage policies across your network.
Take control of your network’s Internet access by using BrowseControl Web Filter to enforce different Internet restriction policies on a computer or user basis.
How does it work?
Let's get started!
On this page, we will show you how to use BrowseControl web filter to block internet access and restrict your employees from accessing any websites that are not work related (especially on how to block employees from browsing on Facebook).
Before your begin: Download the CurrentWare Setup File
On the Manager’s computer, install the CurrentWare Console
- Run the CurrentWare.exe
- Select BrowseControl and Category Filtering
- The Installer will proceed to install the CurrentWare Server, Console and BrowseControl onto your computer
On the employee’s computers, install the CurrentWare Clients
- Take the CurrentWare Client setup file (cwClient.exe)
- The installer will ask you for the computer name of the CurrentWare Console to establish a connection.
- After the CurrentWare Client is installed, it will connect to your CurrentWare Console automatically.
- Repeat step 1-3 on all the computers you want to control the Internet.
Return to the Manager’s PC, launch the CurrentWare Console
To Block Facebook
- Set “Internet” to “On”
- Go to “URL Filter”
- Add “facebook.com” to the Blocked List