Upgrading CurrentWare to the Latest Version
Before you begin:
Back up your CurrentWare Database file:\Program Files (x86)\CurrentWare\cwServer\CWNPFB
(Optional) Close any running applications on the client computers
Ensure you have the latest license key (see below for more details)
Windows XP and 2003 Server are no longer supported from version 5.1 onward
Upgrading the CurrentWare Server, Console and Solutions
- Back up your database file - \Program Files\CurrentWare\cwServer\CWNPFB
- Run the CurrentWare.exe to upgrade the Currentware Server, Console and Solutions.
- If you are upgrading from version 4.X or 5.0, you will need to activate your CurrentWare Server with a new set of license key. Contact support for your new key . Customers with valid maintenance plans are entitled to new license keys. Customers without maintenance may upgrade for a small fee
Upgrading the CurrentWare ClientThe upgrade of the CurrentWare Client is performed automatically. The upgrade process is performed in the following order:
- When a CurrentWare Client with an older version connects to the CurrentWare Server with a new version, the upgrade process will begin.
- The cwClient.exe is copied over to the client computer (C:\Windows\Temp\cwClient.exe) and the upgrade command is executed.
- Once the client is upgraded, the latest version will be listed under the detail pane on the CurrentWare Console
Why did my CurrentWare Clients not upgrade?
- Please wait a short period of time. For a network with around 50 computers, this process may take about an hour to complete
- Reboot the client computers.
- Make sure the following option is enabled: Install > Client > Remote Install > Upgrade > "Automatically upgrade clients from version 220.127.116.11 and above".
- If your CurrentWare Clients are located outside the LAN with no VPN to the CurrentWare Server, the client upgrade will not occur automatically. You will need to take the cwClient.exe file and run it manually on the remote computers
- If the CurrentWare Clients are still not upgraded after a long period of time, take the cwclient.exe and run it manually on the computers to complete the upgrade.
I upgraded my CurrentWare to the latest version, do I need a new license key? (Licensing)
Depending on which version you upgraded from, you may need to contact us to request for your new license key.
|Upgrading from||Example||Do I need a new license key?|
|Major version||From v4.X to v5.X||Yes, register your software with a new license key|
|Minor version||From v5.0 to v5.1||Yes, register your software with a new license key|
|Build version||From v5.1.0 to v5.1.1||No, your existing key will work|
My client's computer lost Internet after the upgrade.
Some computers experience temporary Internet lost when they upgrade to the latest version of CurrentWare. In that case, perform the following steps will fix the issue:
- Go to Start Menu > type in CMD in the search bar> right click on it and select Run as Administrator)
- Type in Netsh Winsock Reset
- Restart the computer