AccessPatrol gives you the ability to prevent your end-users from copying specific file extensions to their storage devices.
Using Block File Extensions to Restrict File Type Transfers
- Choose the AccessPatrol solution from the left-hand side.
- Select the More options button .
- Choose Block File Transfer.
- Select the group that you wish to block file transfer for.
- Use the Enter File box to type in the desired file type that you want to block the transferring of. Examples would be .csv, .exe, or .zip
- Click Add.
- You could also use the Browse button to look for a specific file.
- Then click Apply to Clients and click OK.
- Under the AccessPatrol tab, select Block File Extensions
- Use the Enter File Extension box to type in the desired file type that you want to block the transferring of. i.e .csv, .exe, .zip
- Click Add
- Then click Apply to Clients and click OK
After applying the configurations above, those files will now be blocked from being transferred to storage devices (except for devices in the allowed list).
You have the option to apply the block to devices in the allowed list as well by clicking the Apply Block File Extensions on Allowed Devices checkbox the bottom.
Don't have CurentWare Installed? Download & Get started with a free trial!