July 30, 2018
- BrowseReporter URL tracking is now compatible with Chrome v68 (released on July 25)
- Fixed an issue with Auto Delete Scheduler deleting BrowseReporter data unintentionally
July 5, 2018
- New Database Support – Microsoft SQL Server
- Includes a Database Migration tool to migrate your existing FireBird database to SQL
- New AP report – File Transfer History with source and destination locations
- AccessPatrol will display a warning message when a user plugs in a blocked device
- Added encrypted USB to device allowed list
- Easy Database Upgrade Tool
- Improved cwMetroClient performance
- Email alerts will now display the last URL and Domain visited that triggered the alert
- Remote Client Install – Export results in a log file
- Added a command line switch to uninstall the cwClient
- Added Antivirus information in the cwClient.log
- URL Filter Optimized – validate URL format before adding it to the lists
- Fixed a bug with productivity report not allowing dashes in the URL
- Fixed a bug with Category Filtering subscription expiring prematurely
- Fixed an issue with tracking websites from French Chrome
- Fixed a data upload issue when the URL CUID = 0
- Fixed an issue with blocking specific SDHC cards
March 7, 2018
- Fixed an issue with BrowseReporter not tracking data on Firefox 64-bit browsers
- Fixed an issue cwTrack.exe and cwClient.exe crashing randomly
Jan 26, 2018
- Added a new feature to save a copy of the report (during the scheduled email reports)
- Added a new language – Dutch
- Reduced the file size of the default BrowseReporter logo in the reports
- Fixed an issue that was causing upload slowness
- Fixed a few issues related to the stability of the cwClient
- Fixed a bug that caused Category Filtering subscription to expire prematurely
Nov 24, 2017
- Added a new feature to enforce Google Safe Search
- HTTPS Advanced Settings is now compatible with Windows 7 and 8
- Added a new report – Social Media Activity by Domain
- Added a option to move computer to another folder in the right click menu
- Optimized cwAgent code for better caching
- Fixed a bug with the USB File Transfer History report
- Added an option to block Cortana’s Web Search (Tools > Client Settings > Internet Connection)
- Added scripts to enforce Firefox settings
- Fixed a bug that causes cwTrack.exe to crash
- Fixed a bug that causes cwAgent.exe to crash relating to MSVCR90.dll
- Reordered the BrowseControl menu items
Sept 22, 2017
- Fixed a bug with BrowseControl’s Category Filtering
- Fixed a bug with BrowseReporter’s data upload format
Sept 1, 2017
- Added an option to omit users with no data in AccessPatrol
- Added a warning message when blocking WiFi network adapter
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol blocking USB ethernet adapter
- Added additional log file for remote client install
August 9, 2017
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol causing BSOD in some special cases
- Added an option to enable stricter client connection handshake
- Optimized Bandwidth tracking for HTTPS websites
- Added external harddrive to the USB File Transfer History report
- Added a feature to allow devices by serial number in AccessPatrol
- Added a feature to export some reports in .CSV format
June 26, 2017
- BrowseReporter is compatible with Microsoft Edge version 40
- Added links additional links in the cwConsole for licensing support and live chat
- Fixed a few minor bugs with the cwClient
June 1, 2017
- HTTPS Filtering for allowing or blocking full URLs (Windows 10 only). (more details)
- AccessPatrol – Block New device – USB Ethernet Adapter
- Enable Group Tree in BrowseReporter reports by default
- Sign Windivert with MS Hardware signature
- Fixed an issue with AccessPatrol blocking latest smartphone devices
- Fixed a cwClient agent issue related to ntdll.dll
May 9, 2017
- Added an option to switch web filtering mode from cwMetroClient to cwClient for Windows 10 and Windows 2016 computers.
- Added compatibility with Windows Server 2016.
- Optimized the CurrentWare Console to improve load speed (applicable to network with 500+ PCs/users)
March 14, 2017
- Added an option to rename Category names for Category reports.
- Added an notification to Internet scheduler to remind user when Internet is about to be turned off.
- Added an option to automatically assign license when a new computer connects.
- Added an option to disable QUIC traffic (Block UDP).
- Added advanced settings in installer toggle the installation of required components.
- Added an option to configure Firebird port in cwClient.
- Created a Command line to change client, upload and firebird ports.
- Set Default option for “URL Categories Visited” and “URL Category Summary” to “All Categories”.
- Fixed an issue with Category lookup not working with Proxy Server settings.
- Fixed a Quota Settings bug that causes Internet OFF on some client computers.
- Enhanced the License Expiry Methods for Category Filtering.
- Fixed a bug with ‘Available device list’ UI is showing blank in Access Patrol due to arithmetic exception in stored procedure.
- Fixed a bug with Remote Client Install Finished with Server name -I (dash I).
- Fixed a bug with Hotfix validation changes preventing Remote Client install to start.
- Updated driver files to prevent Windows 10 from prompting Digital Signature.
- Fixed an issue with Application Tracking data is not showing in report with different date format.
Dec 28, 2016
- Added a new report – Category Drill Down.
- Added an option to include Horizontal graph to the Top 10 Domains by Browsing Time report.
- Added an option to view the cwBlockedURL.log file from the cwConsole.
- Added an option to import blocked URLs into the URL Filter.
- Added a recovery routine for BrowseControl’s Web Filtering process.
- Improve the speed of Category Filtering.
- Fixed a few minor issue with AccessPatrol reports.
- Fixed an issue with digital signature affecting one of BrowseControl’s minor processes.
- Optimized cwClient to reduce “Server Busy: Switch to” error from Chrome and Firefox.
Oct 26, 2016
- New Report – Employee Productivity Report. Assign categories and websites that are productive or unproductive to your company, to access the overall efficiency of your employees.
- New Report – Social Media Activity. Display activities exclusively form the social media category.
- New Report – Search Engine Keywords. Tracking of search engine keywords by your employees.
- Added the “Run Backup Now” button on the Database Backup Scheduler to perform one-time backup.
- Added an easier way to install additional CurrentWare Solutions on the CurrentWare Console.
- Added an option to select Categories in Email Alerts.
- Added a new feature to log blocked URLs to help identify URLs to be added to the Allowed list.
- Implemented a new methodology to detect missing cwProvider layers (BrowseControl) and reinstall the layers automatically.
- Fixed an issue with the Remote Client Uninstall does not happen on slower computers.
- Added a delay to the BrowseReporter warning message and show client icon in the system tray.
- Removed a bug with email format validation in the Email Settings for Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Optimized duplicate computer name validation by using MAC address as the unique identifier.
- Added a separate log file for automatic client upgrade.
- Resolved an issue causing high CPU usage on Windows 10 client computers.
- The quota measurement in Quota Limit has changed. Only Internet browsers will affect the quota.
Sept 12, 2016
- BrowseReporter is compatible with the latest version of Chrome (version 53)
- Enhanced Category Filtering with URL based filtering for Search Criteria
- Fixed an issue with USB tracking not working when multiple drives are connected
- Modified Installer compression method
July 7, 2016
- New BrowseReporter Feature – Tracking Application Usage.
- 4 new reports for Application Usage.
- Optimized Exclusion List, Tracking Scheduler and Delete Data for Application Usage.
- Added more details to the upload message from Request latest data/
- Enhanced Internet Scheduler by listing the status (Enabled or Disabled) on the the window.
- Removed URL limits from Internet Scheduler’s Custom Allowed or Blocked list.
- Removed the one minute gap discrepancy between each schedule on the Internet scheduler.
- Added more categories to Category Filtering
- Display Warning message is compatible with HTML codes
- enPowerManager – Added the option to enable or disable Require a password on Wakeup
- Database Scheduler – Added the option to change backup location
- Added Search capability in the License Management window
- Added maintenance reminder to keep your support plan up to date.
- Added new log – CWUserActivity.log
- Added a link to provide product feedback
- Upgraded to .NET Framework v3.5
- Note: Windows XP is not compatible with version 5.1 onwards.
June 1, 2016
- Fixed a bug with BrowseReporter’s PCs/users selection
- Fixed a bug with Email Report’s corrupted profiles from previous version
- Enhanced Web Filtering for Download Filter for Windows 10
- Enhanced Category Filtering’s IP Bypass for Windows 10
- Enhanced URL Filter’s Allowed list for Windows 10
April 20, 2016
- CurrentWare is fully compatible with Windows 10
- BrowseControl can control the Internet access of Microsoft Edge
- Enhanced Remote Screen Capture to capture 2nd monitor from any position (not just when it is on the right hand side)
- Enhanced AccessPatrol’s USB File Operations Report
- Added an option to enable advanced log files from the CurrentWare Console
- Added an option to modify the CurrentWare Server service start up type (to automatic delayed start)
- Added an option to enable/disable Check for update
- Modified BrowseControl to restrict Internet access from Outlook Web search
- Fixed an issue with Email Report not sending due to “Operation not yet implemented”
- Fixed an issue with Download filter
March 14, 2016
- Enhanced URL upload mechanism
- Fixed an issue with the operator permission
- Fixed an issue with exporting to .PDF while using Email Report
Dec 29, 2015
- BrowseReporter’s Internet tracking is compatible with Windows 10’s Microsoft Edge browser.
- Optimized the Automatic Client Upgrade process.
- Reduced the client upgrade file.
- Remote Client Install is now compatible with Windows 10 client computers.
- Modified the Remote Client Install window.
- Modified the Email Report email content.
- Changed the location of the log files.
- Added an option to enable Bandwidth tracking on the CurrentWare Server installer.
- Optimized the URL data upload process for BrowseReporter.
- Fixed a bug with the Custom Category Scheduler.
- Fixed a bug with importing URLs to the URL Filter.
- Fixed a bug with URL upload when the URL contains special characters.
Nov 5, 2015
- New Feature! USB File Transfer History (AccessPatrol) – report on files that were copied and deleted onto a USB drive.
- New Feature! Email Alert (BrowseReporter) – receive an email notification alert every time a user exceeds a limit based off specific websites visited.
- Added upload port option in Server manager Setting.
- Added an option to expand or collapse the folders on the CurrentWare Console.
- Optimized database compression for Firebird database 64-bit.
- Optimized the CurrentWare Client service when using proxy settings.
- Optimized AppBlocker for Windows 10.
- Automatically download and install .Net Framework v3.5 during the CurrentWare Server installation.
- Fixed a bug where email report fails to send when the report size is more than 10MB and when multiple emails are scheduled at the same time.
- Fixed a bug in the Internet scheduler for custom category.
- Fixed a bug with the database backup scheduler for 64-bit machines.
- Fixed a bug with the power scheduler in enPowerManager.
August 12, 2015
- Compatible with Windows 10
- New BrowseReporter Upload method – Upload Queue Manager allows you to manually choose which computers/users you want to upload data from.
- New Database Maintenance option – automatically compress the Database after deleting URLs.
- Added a new feature for enPowerManager – When shutting down a computer, implement a detection rule to determine whether to continue the shutdown or wait until the user is finishing their work.
- Added a new port to enhance communication between the CurrentWare Client and Server.
- Added an option to bypass private IP addresses with Category Filtering to optimize connection to intranet portals and applications.
- Added a 2nd Client Service (cwHelper.exe) to keep the CurrentWare Client running stablely.
- Opitmized Firebird for 64-bit operating system.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes BrowseReporter may show duplicate entries on the report.
- Fixed an issue with data upload caused by incorrect symbol.
- Fixed an issue where the custom date range was displayed incorrect when used with Email Reports.
- Fixed an upgrade issue where the database is not upgrading if the version installed is older than version 4.4.0
June 9, 2015
- Added Compatibility Support for Chrome 64-bit
April 21, 2015
- Fixed an issue with Category Status email reports not sending after category subscription expired
- Fixed an issue with the CurrentWare Client Password character limitation
- Fixed an issue with the Last N Day not letting you select less than 7 days
- Fixed an issue with the Database Back up Scheduler
- Fixed an issue with the Bypass list to bypass Application launched over the network.
- Email Reports supports Exchange server
- Added a new option called “Auto Delete URL Scheduler” – automatically delete URLs that are older that x number of days. This feature will help administrator maintain the database by reducing the overall file size by deleting older data automatically.
- Added a new option – Ad-hoc data upload (Manually upload)
- Added Software Update Notification – Check for Update
- Added the option to edit a Report Profile
March 12, 2015
- Fixed an issue with BrowseReporter not tracking Internet activities on Google Chrome v41
Nov. 28, 2014
- Fixed an issue with Web filtering on Windows XP computers
- Remove a day restriction with Run Report’s Last N day reporting period option
Nov. 14, 2014
- Added new reporting period options – Last N Days
- Added new BrowseReporter feature – Add a Custom Logo
- BrowseReporter is now compatible with Internet Explorer in Metro Mode (Windows 8)
- BrowseControl is now compatible with IPv6 traffic.
- Fixed a bug with Category look up when connecting through a proxy server.
- Fixed a bug when the display warning message not showing up when connecting through a proxy server.
- Fixed a bug with the download filter and blocking of MP3 files
- Fixed a bug with Copy group settings not copying “Download filters” in some scenarios
Oct 22, 2014
- Fixed an issue where BrowseReporter cannot track Internet activities from Google Chrome version 38
- Fixed an issue of Internet Explorer 11 crashing on Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Fixed a few issues that caused the install and uninstall of the CurrentWare Server to encounter errors
- Updated the User Guides
Sept 20, 2014
- Fixed a few compatibility issues with the CurrentWare Server installer
August 22, 2014
- Added a new feature to allow customized logo to be added to BrowseReporter Reports
- Added a new feature: Track Asset – export user and computer details to an excel sheet
- Optimized active time tracking when users are browsing on pages that redirects dynamically
- Updated Crystal Report to SAP Crystal Report (New version)
- Added vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64 to the installer
- Fixed an issue that prevented Bandwidth tracking from tracking on computers with dual NIC
July 17, 2014
- Fixed an issue that caused Firefox to crash when it is low on memory
- Fixed an bug where BrowseReporter is not uploading URLs due to invalid special characters
June 10, 2014
- Fixed a bug when multiple computers have the same computer name, active user will be blank for both computers
- Fixed a bug where the cwServer cannot CF look up when the cwServer is connected through a proxy
- Fixed a bug where a window user is logged into the computers more than 100 times – user will be missing
- Fixed a bug where HTTPS Filtering cannot properly filter a website, causing it to display the “Page not loading” error message
- Added an Option to disable tracking when computer is offline
- Automatically fill in the computer name of the CurrentWare Server on the Remote Client Install window.
March 19, 2014
- Added two new BrowseReporter reports: URL Category and URL Category Summary
- Added Custom Category Blocked list for BrowseControl’s Internet Scheduler
- Added a button to save screenshots to a directory for BrowseReporter’s Remote Screen Capture
- Fixed an issue with Internet Explorer 11 crash upon launch
- Fixed an issue with the Install menu being disabled
- Optimized an issue with Chrome crash (“Server Busy” error message)
- Added a notification for the CurrentWare Server when the file size reaches 1GB
- Added a new welcome window when you launch CurrentWare Console for the first time
- Modified the wsck32.dll file to fix a special portal connection issue for a customer
- Modified the Delete URL’s before date option to select the option automatically when you select the date
- Modified enPowerManager’s WOL option to work over Subnet