We introduced the CurrentWare web console for vesion 5.5.1.
In this version, there’s no way to register a new operator from the web console. Instead, you have to create your operator credential from the desktop version of the CurrentWare Console.
Creating an Operator on the Desktop version of the CurrentWare Console:
- Launch the CurrentWare Console from C:\Program Files (x86)\CurrentWare\cwConsole\cwConsole.exe.
- On the menu select Tools > Operators.
- Click on the Add button.
- Fill in the name, password and description.
- Select a role for this operator. While the Administrator role has access to all the features of CurrentWare, the User role only has the limited access to the solution’s functionalities.
- Click OK to create a new operator.
Enable Password Protected CurrentWare Console
- Create an operator with the step above.
- Check the option Enable Password Security.
- Log out of the CurrentWare Console.
- The next time you log into the CurrentWare Console, you will be prompted for a username and password.