What's new in CurrentWare v5.4.1
- Redesigned all of the BrowseReporter's reports.
- Redesigned all of the AccessPatrol's reports.
- Merged the File Operation History Report and the File Transfer Report.
- Added a new AccessPatrol feature called Access Code Generator - to provide temporary access to endpoint devices.
- Added User Mode support to AccessPatrol's device tracking.
- Added an option to Redirect Clients (push method) from an old cwServer to a new cwServer.
- Reduced data upload size for Bandwidth tracking to fix data upload issues.
- Fixed a bug in BrowseReporter that caused browsing slowness on certain portal websites on Chrome.
- Fixed an issue where the cwClient caused Internet loss during the client upgrade.
- Optimized enPowerManager's Wake on LAN option.
Before you upgrade:
- Back up your CurrentWare Database
C:\Program Files (x86)\CurrentWare\cwServer\CWNPFB
- Ensure you have the latest license key
You will need a valid maintenance plan to request for your license key.
1. Upgrading the CurrentWare Server, Console and Solutions
- Back up your database file - \Program Files\CurrentWare\cwServer\CWNPFB
- Download the latest version of CurrentWare.
- Run the CurrentWare.exe to upgrade the Currentware Server, Console and Solutions.
- If you are upgrading from version 4.X or 5.X to the latest version (v5.4), you will need to activate your CurrentWare Server with a new set of license key. Contact support for your new key . Customers with valid maintenance plans are entitled to new license keys. Customers without maintenance may upgrade for a small fee
2. Upgrading the CurrentWare ClientThe upgrade of the CurrentWare Client is performed automatically. The upgrade process is performed in the following order:
- When a CurrentWare Client with an older version connects to the CurrentWare Server with a new version, the upgrade process will begin.
- The cwClientSetup.exe is copied over to the client computer (C:\Windows\Temp\cwClientSetup.exe) and the upgrade command is executed.
- Once the client is upgraded, the latest version will be listed under the detail pane on the CurrentWare Console
3. Registering your software
- Request your 5.4 license keys.
- Apply the 5.4 license keys from the cwConsole. To do so: From the cwConsole > Help > Licensing > Enter License Keys > Next > Apply
- Please note that you must have a valid maintenance plan to receive the 5.4 license keys. If your maintenance plan has lapsed, please contact support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did my CurrentWare Clients not upgrade?
- Please wait a short period of time. For a network with around 50 computers, this process may take about an hour to complete
- Reboot the client computers.
- Make sure the following option is enabled: Install > Auto Upgrade Clients > "Automatically upgrade the CurrentWare Clients on your network".
- If your CurrentWare Clients are located outside the LAN with no VPN to the CurrentWare Server, the client upgrade will not occur automatically. You will need to take the cwClientSetup.exe file and run it manually on the remote computers
- If the CurrentWare Clients are still not upgraded after a long period of time, take the cwclientSetup.exe and run it manually on the computers to complete the upgrade.
- Contact our support team.
Do I need a new license key to register my software? (Licensing)
Yes, you will need to request for your CurrentWare license key. As long as your maintenance is valid, you will be eligible for a new license key.
Why did my client's computer lost Internet after the upgrade?
Some computers experience temporary Internet lost when they upgrade to the latest version of CurrentWare. In that case, perform the following steps will fix the issue:
- Go to Start Menu > type in CMD in the search bar> right click on it and select Run as Administrator)
- Type in Netsh Winsock Reset
- Restart the computer