CurrentWare runs using Microsoft IIS(Internet Information Services) and this problem usually occurs when Exchange (or web page with similar behavior) is hosted on the IIS.
Verifying & Solution
To verify that this issue is occuring:
- Open both the RestAPI (localhost:8997) and Web Console (localhost:8998) pages. They should both be showing an error 503 page.
- When you investigate through IIS, you can see that the application pool will start and then stop when trying to open the Web console.
- The Windows Event Viewer will show an error that repeats. “iis-w3svc-wp” – Code 2282. “
This is related to the bitness that the application pools are being run as.
- Open IIS and go to Application Pools
- Right-click on RestAPI > Advanced Settings
- Under (General) > change “Enable 32-bit Applications” to FALSE
- Repeat for WebConsole Application Pool.
- Restart IIS, Close your browser and try to access the RestAPI(localhost:8997 – this should give you a 404 page) and Web Console (localhost:8998 – this should open the Web Console)
You should now be able to log in.