CurrentWare runs using Microsoft IIS(Internet Information Services) and this problem usually occurs when WSUS/Exchange (or web page with similar behavior) is hosted on the IIS.
DynamicCompressionModule and StaticCompressionModule are installed by WSUS/Exchange globally across IIS. They force every Application Pool to use their settings, regardless if it is 64-bit or 32-bit. This can cause the HTTP Error 500.19 – Error Code 0x800700c1.
Check in the “C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config” for the following entries within the <modules> section :
- <add name=”DynamicCompressionModule” lockItem=”true” />
- <add name=”StaticCompressionModule” lockItem=”true” />
Important note: these entries can also be found in <globalmodules> sections, but the changes are required in the <modules> section.
- Add a precondition attribute (preCondition=”bitness64″) for these module entries so that they load only in 64bit application pools, i.e.:
- <add name=”DynamicCompressionModule” lockItem=”true” preCondition=”bitness64″ />
- <add name=”StaticCompressionModule” lockItem=”true” preCondition=”bitness64″ />
- NOTE: Please manually type the additional change, as copy and pasting may cause formatting issues and not apply correctly.
- Save the changes made in the applicationHost.config file.
- Open a command prompt running as administrator.
- Type IISreset and press Enter.
You should now be able to open the Web Console and log in.