If you are having issues with your Web Console, this page will give you a rundown of the various troubleshooting steps that can help solve your individual issue.
- Login Issues
- Unable to create/delete/rename or change from PC to User mode
- I cannot choose any of the features from the menu on my web console
- My web console screen is blank when I try to open and hosted on Windows Server 2012
1 – Login issues
If you are having login issues the troubleshooting steps for can be found here.
2 – Unable to create/delete/rename/move users or change from PC to User mode on Web Console
If a Rest API module called WebDAV is installed on the local IIS(Internet Information Services), it may not allow the Rest API to perform any creation/deletion/renaming/movement of users or changing of select settings on the Web Console.
To solve this Uninstall WebDAV from the IIS
- Open IIS by searching IIS or going to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
- Expand RestAPI
- Double click modules to view the installed modules.
- Search for WebDAV module.
- Right click and remove.
3 – I cannot choose any of the features from the menu on my web console
If you are attempting to use any of the menu bar options within the web console and the buttons are a light shade of red like below, you need to unselect checkmarked PC’s from the console selection.
As you see the left console has no PC selected from the group folders below and allows access to all features. The right console is actively managing Client PCs and will not allow you to select features before finishing.
Tags: Greyed out, Grayed out, Can’t select
4 – My web console screen is blank when I try to open and hosted on Windows Server 2012
From your web browser if you press the “F12” key on your keyboard it will open the browser inspector tool. If you go to the “Console” tab you should get an error.
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404()
To solve this you need to go into your CurrentWare server and make sure your “MIME type” settings are correct for both the WebConsole and RestAPI pages.
1. Go to the IIS Management console. Search IIS through windows or go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools and run Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. Go to the individual RestAPI page.
3. Check the “MIME Types” .
4. Check for the .json & .jsonld entries- Add them if not shown.
5. If they are not shown in your list, use the “Add” button on the top right to add them manually.
File name extension: .json
MIME Type: application/json
File name extension: .jsonld
MIME Type: application/ld+json
6. Right click your IIS and restart it to ensure your changes updated.
7. Try to open the web console and you should get the login screen.
If you are still experiencing issues with CurrentWare, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-912-9619 x 4