This feature allows monitoring of file transfers between a network share and local drives (i.e. local HDD or portable storage devices)
When this feature is enabled, files that are copied between local storage to or from a network share will be tracked in the AccessPatrol dashboard.
Network share is a shared folder within a networked computer on the LAN. They are usually identified by a folder path beginning with \\ (e.g. \\vm-101\SharedFiles)
These may also have a drive mapping to appear as drive N or M for example.
Systems similar to network shares that are not currently supported in CurrentWare
- Dedicated servers
- NAS device
- External Hard drive setup as a shared drive
- Cloud storage (this is covered by the AccessPatrol cloud storage feature)
Enabling tracking of network shares
- Go to Settings from the left hand menu
- Select AccessPatrol
- Navigate to Options > Tracking Options
- Select the checkbox beside “Enable Network Drive Tracking”