- Open the CurrentWare Console
- Select Tools > Database Selection.
- This will bring up the CurrentWare Server Manager.
- Select Database > Selection > SQL Server.
- Enter your SQL Server details:
- SQL Server name and instance
- Authentication: SQL Server Authentication (recommended)
- SQL Account name and password
- A new SQL database called CWNPSQL.mdf will be created on your SQL Server.
Is SQL Server required to run CurrentWare?
By default, CurrentWare uses Firebird database. SQL Server is an additional option that we offer to our customers with a large number of computers. SQL Server is recommended if you are connecting more than 300 computers to your CurrentWare Server.
Which version of SQL Server is compatible with CurrentWare?
CurrentWare is compatible with most SQL Servers – 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017,2019 (Express, Standard and Enterprise).
Don’t have a SQL Database server installed yet?
The steps to install and setup your SQL Server to use with your CurrentWare Solutions are here: SQL Express Setup with CurrentWare
https://www.currentware.com/support/sql-troubleshooting/ to see the troubleshooting steps for setting up an SQL Server
For more information on connecting CurrentWare to your SQL server, check out this guide:
Don't have CurentWare Installed? Download & Get started with a free trial!