- Open the CurrentWare Console
- Select Tools > Database Selection.
- This will bring up the CurrentWare Server Manager.
- Select Database > Selection > SQL Server.
- Enter your SQL Server details:
- SQL Server name and instance
- Authentication: SQL Server Authentication (recommended)
- SQL Account name and password
- A new SQL database called CWNPSQL.mdf will be created on your SQL Server.
Is SQL Server required to run CurrentWare?
By default, CurrentWare uses Firebird database. SQL Server is an additional option that we offer to our customers with a large number of computers. SQL Server is recommended if you are connecting more than 500 computers to your CurrentWare Server.
Which version of SQL Server is compatible with CurrentWare?
CurrentWare is compatible with most SQL Servers – 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019 (Standard and Enterprise).
For more information on connecting CurrentWare to your SQL server, check out this guide: