Efficiently manage your workforce with CurrentWare’s seamless integration of Active Directory (AD) user importation. By importing users from AD into your CurrentWare Server, you can streamline user management and effortlessly align your organization’s policies and permissions.
Related Article: Integrating Active Directory (AD Sync) with CurrentWare
Import AD users and OUs
Steps to import:
- On the CurrentWare Web Console, go to Tools > Import Users and select the Active Directory Import action.
- Fill in your domain, admin username and password to connect to your Active Directory.
- This may take a couple of minutes to connect.
- Once connected, your users will appear on the right side for you to choose which users and organizational units to import into your console.
- You can also enable AD Synchronization to import all of your users and keep the web console updated with any new users that connect to your Active Directory.
- Select the action Active Directory Synchronization to have that feature enabled.
- Launch the CurrentWare Console.
Note: If you are using the Web Console, you can access the CurrentWare Desktop Application by going to C:\Program Files (x86)\CurrentWare\cwConsole from your Server PC and running cwConsole.exe.
- On the menu select Tools > Import Users.
- Select Import users from Active Directory.
- Enter your Domain Name, User Name and Password.
- Click on the Import Users button.
- Select the users and OUs you want to import into the cwConsole
- Click on the Add Users button.
Tags: AD sync, AD import, Organizational Units, Domain users