You can easily set up an email notification alert to be notified of when a user is idle for a defined time period. This real-time alert that informs you that your user may be using company time maliciously, especially in the landscape of a hybrid or remote workforce.
An email message is immediately triggered to selected recipients to help them respond immediately to inactivity of users. The alert notification contains specifics about the date, time and the specified amount of time they were inactive to trigger the idle alert.
How to create an Email Alert:
NOTE: You must have your email settings configured before creating an email alert.
- Choose the BrowseReporter tab on the left-hand side of the console
- Select Email Alerts .
- Click on the New Alert button.
- Put in the Alert Name and an email address of the recipient of the reports.
Following from the # bubbles on the above image:
- Select the Idle radio button.
- Set an Idle Trigger in Minutes. This is how long a user is idle for until you get notified.
- Select the Computers/Users that you want to monitor.
- Choose which days of the week and the time period that are relevant to your employees work days.
- The “Send me only the first email alert for each user per day” means you will only get an email notification the first time a user triggers an idle alert. With this unselected, you will receive an email alert each time the user hits the idle trigger
This feature is a Web Console exclusive feature. If you are a CurrentWare customer with perpetual or expired licenses and would be interested in this and many more exciting features reach out to our sales team and we would be happy to showcase the solution and web console for you!
For more information on the Web Console add-on see here.
An example of the email alert received by the recipient: