BrowseReporter’s reports and dashboards calculate productivity scores based on your employees’ Internet browsing activity and application usage. The productivity score provides insight into your employee’s workplace productivity by measuring how much productive time is spent by your employees during their daily work routines.
Administrators can grade all the tracked applications and websites using 3 different gradings:
To learn more about how to grade the websites & applications for the productivity score, check out this article.
Calculating the Productivity Score
The productivity score is based on the amount of time your employee spends on each productivity rating. Each productivity rating has a multiplier factor that improves the productivity score
Productivity Score Formula:
Productivity Score = (Productive Browsing Time x 1) + (Neutral Browsing Time x 0.5) + (Unproductive Browsing Time x 0) / Total Browsing Time
Here is a breakdown of each term in the formula:
- Productive Browsing Time refers to the time spent on tasks that are directly related to work. This time is given a value of 1 in the formula.
- Neutral Browsing Time refers to the time spent on tasks that are neither productive nor unproductive. This could include activities such as checking the news or weather. This time is given a value of 0.5 in the formula.
- Unproductive Browsing Time refers to the time spent on tasks that do not contribute to work and may be considered a distraction. This time is given a value of 0 in the formula.
- Total Browsing Time is the sum of productive browsing time, neutral browsing time, and unproductive browsing time.
The productivity score is calculated by dividing the sum of productive browsing time, neutral browsing time, and unproductive browsing time by the total browsing time. The resulting score will be a value between 0 and 100%, with higher scores indicating more productive browsing habits.
Where are the productivity scores?
The productivity score is displayed on all of the dashboards and the employee productivity reports.
The productivity dashboard shows you how much productive, neutral and unproductive time is spent by your users.
- The scorecards at the top give you a quick glance of your users’ total active time, productivity score, productive and unproductive time.
- The productivity chart displays the productivity data in a bar chart & the time frame (by hour, by day, by month) of the selected date range.
- The productivity ranking charts displays the top 5 groups/users, the top 5 websites categories, top 5 websites and the top 5 applications.
- Activity log provides summary and detailed data, letting you drill down and investigate your user’s browsing/application history.
The productivity score is also available in the following dashboards:
Employee Productivity Report
This report can be found under BrowseReporter > Manage > Run Report. Under the Report Type, select Employee Productivity.
Here’s a sample Employee Productivity Detailed Report:
Recommendations for using the productivity score
Configure the employee productivity report to your organizational standards:
BrowseReporter’s employee productivity report is made to be customizable as much as possible so that you can configure it according to what your organization considers productive or distracting.
Don’t expect a perfect productivity score.
Your employees shouldn’t have a perfect productivity score of 100, downtime is important and can improve the quality of their work.
Use the productivity score to test new practices:
The productivity score can be a useful metric to test against new organizational standards such has using website or application blocking policies with BrowseControl. Seeing how new policies can impact the productivity of your employees with the productivity score will provide you better insights.
How do I use this on the Winform/Desktop Console?
The redesigned grading productivity is only available through the web console. To use this feature, contact our sales team for more information on upgrading to the web console.
If you have any questions you can contact our technical support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-912-9619 x 2