Through the Email Reports feature, the BrowseReporter reports can automatically be generated and emailed to the administrator periodically. This eliminates having to rely on the manual process of creating reports.
To access Email Reports, under the BrowseReporter tab, click on Email Reports.
How to Create a Schedule for Email Reports
NOTE: You must have your email settings configured and a report profile created before creating an email report schedule.
- Under the BrowseReporter tab on the right-hand side of the console, select Email Reports.
- Click on the Create Schedule button.
- Define the email address of the recipient of the reports.
- Select a Report profile. A report profile is created in Run Report.
- Define the Schedule type (daily, weekly or monthly) of the email report.
- Define the Time of email delivery.
- The report will be sent in PDF format.
Email Report Options
This option will allow you to save a copy of the report onto your computer during the scheduled email report delivery.
If you check the “disable email reports” option, it will save a copy of the report at the scheduled time and it won’t send out an email. When this option is checked, you don’t have to enter a recipient email address.
Configuring Google Gmail for BrowseReporter’s Email Report
Turn on Access for less secure apps (Required)
Google introduced a new security feature with their Gmail account that prevents Non-Google applications from signing onto Gmail.
Log into your Gmail account and turn on “Access for less secure apps”. Here’s the link to this option: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
Here’s how the option looks like:
Input your Email Information on the CurrentWare Console
- Name: choose a name as the sender of the BrowseReporter email
- Email Address: Gmail address
- Password: Gmail password
- Confirm Password: Gmail Password
Input the Gmail Server Configuration on the CurrentWare Console
- Outgoing mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Port: 587 (preferred), 465
- Check the option “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
Example for setting up email report for Gmail:
Help! Test Email Account is not working?
If you are getting an error message when you click on “Test Email Account”, check the CurrentWare Console log (C:\Program Files (x86)\CurrentWare\Logs\cwCon.log) for the following error:
ERR::-2146233088: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required.
This is an indication that Google is blocking BrowseReporter from sending email. You must log into Google to authenticate the computer you are trying to send BrowseReporter email from. You may receive an email like this in Gmail:
If you need more help with this issue, contact our technical support team – email@example.com