As of v9.0.0, we have added the capability to push out clients directly from the web console.
Important! Windows Firewall and User Access Control (UAC) must be disabled on your target computers.
The Remote Client install is a built-in feature of the CurrentWare web console.
How to use the Remote Client Install feature
- Open your CurrentWare web console.
- Go to Tools > Deploy Clients
- The Client Installer Path, and CurrentWare Server Settings will be pre-filled.
Important! the option “Reboot Client systems after installation” will restart your client computer after the remote install. Leave this option unchecked if you prefer not to restart the computers.
- Choose the NEXT button in the bottom right corner
- Add the computer name or IP address of the computers you want to install the CurrentWare Clients on. You can also import a text list of your PC names/IPs.
- Put in the Administrator name and password for the target computer(s). This could be the local administrator account or the domain administrator account.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- After the CurrentWare Client is installed, it will connect to your CurrentWare Console and show up in the computer list.
Having trouble with Remote Client Install? Check out the Troubleshooting Tips for Remote Client Install guide