Using the Internet Scheduler
With Browsecontrol, you can schedule specific times of the day to allow Internet access or set other types of Internet restrictions
Administrators can choose from 4 different Internet restriction options on the scheduler – Internet off, Custom Blocked list, Custom Allowed list, and Custom Category Blocked list.
Internet scheduler is an easy way to block the Internet during office hours – allowing your employees’ flexible Internet access during their breaks and lunches.
Creating an Internet Schedule
- Highlight the group you want to assign a scheduler to and select Internet Scheduler under the BrowseControl menu on the right-hand side of the CurrentWare Console.
- Click on the Add button to create a new schedule.
- Select the Schedule Start and Stop Times.
- Select the Schedule type:
- Internet ON: users will have full Internet access. The websites listed in the Blocked list (in URL Filter) will still be blocked.
- Custom Allowed List: users will only have access to the websites listed in the Custom Allowed List plus the websites on the Allowed List (in URL Filter).
- Custom Blocked List: users will not have access to websites on the Custom Blocked List.
- Custom Category Blocked List: users will not have access to categories on the Custom Blocked List.
- Select the Schedule Frequency: Daily, Weekly or Monthly
- Click on the Add Schedule button to create the Internet Schedule.
- If a schedule type of Custom Allowed List was selected, then click on the Custom Allowed List hyperlink listed under the Schedule Type column to add the authorized URLs.
- If a schedule type of Custom Blocked List was selected, then click on the Custom Blocked List hyperlink listed under the Schedule Type column to add the restricted URLs.
- Up to 20 different Internet schedules can be set per Group.
- Click on Enable Scheduler.
- Click on Apply to Clients.
Modifying the Scheduler Notification
Notify end users when the scheduler is about to turn the Internet off. The notification will be displayed briefly at the system tray on the lower right corner. Administrators can customize the content of the notification message and when it will be displayed.
Don't have CurentWare Installed? Download & Get started with a free trial!