The device scheduler allows the administrator to assign when the device permissions will be enforced by assigning the start time and stop time for particular devices on the network. Only storage devices are available for the device scheduler.
This is a Group-specific setting. Groups can be assigned to three levels of device accesses:
Full Access: The computer with this access permission can read and write to the specified external devices that are connected to the computer.
Read Only: The computer with this access permission can only read the information from the specified external device that is connected to the computer. The user will not be able to copy any information to the specified external device. This option is only available to storage devices.
No Access: The computer with this access permission cannot read or write to the specified external devices that are connected to the computer.
Creating a Device Schedule
- Highlight the group you want to assign a scheduler to and select Device Scheduler under the AccessPatrol tab on the right-hand side of the CurrentWare Console.
- Click on the Add button to create a new schedule.
- Select the Device type.
- Select the Access Permission.
- Select the Schedule Type.
- Select the Schedule Reoccurrence: Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
- Select the Schedule Start and Stop Times.
- Click on the Add Schedule button to create the Device Schedule.
• Up to 20 different device schedules can be set per Group.
- Click on Enable Scheduler.
- Click on Apply to Clients.