- Redirecting client is not version dependent. For example, a CurrentWare Server running version 5.1 can redirect a CurrentWare Client running version 5.0.5. It will take a bit longer because it will perform a redirect and then an upgrade immediately afterwards.
- If redirect all is not working, try redirect specific computer.
- Are you using any 3rd party Firewall software (usually comes with antivirus) – they may cause an issue with the redirect. Try to turn them off.
#1 – You can use the Redirect Client Tool from the CurrentWare Console:
- Launch the CurrentWare Console
- Go to Tools > Redirect Clients.
- Type in the Client password (default password is Admin) and select redirect all clients.
- After you press Ok, your clients will start to connect to the console within the next few seconds.
If your clients are not connecting, try the following:
- Enable the option “redirect connected clients.
- Redirect specific computers and search for the computers
- Make sure the client password is correct
#2 – You can run a command line
This is the command line that allows you to reconfigure the CurrentWare Client to connect to another CurrentWare Server. The command line can be made into a batch file. It can be run from your remote control tools. It can be made into a log on script for your group policy.
For 64-bit computers:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cwClient.exe -p Admin -ds 192.168.1.11
For 32-bit computers:
C:\Windows\system32\cwClient.exe -p Admin -ds 192.168.1.11
Replace Admin with your CurrentWare Client password (Admin is the default password)
Replace 192.168.1.11 with the new CurrentWare Server IP address or computer name.
#3 – Redirect the CurrentWare Clients Manually (if the previous step fails to redirect all of your clients)
If your clients are not connecting to the console even after you redirected them in the previous steps, you can try to manually connect them to the server.
- Go to the client workstation.
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\ or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (depending on which operating systems you have installed)
- Double click on cwagent.exe.
- Put in the client password (default password is Admin)
- Click on Server Settings and modify the Server name to the IP address (or computer name) of the new CurrentWare Server.