Software Solutions for State and Local Government
Government agencies have a responsibility to protect their IT assets and the data of their citizens. CurrentWare’s suite of on-premise computer monitoring and endpoint security tools provide affordable data security enhancements that protect governments and their citizens against the threat of data breaches caused by illicit data exfiltration, malicious websites, and insider threats.
CurrentWare’s Productivity, Compliance &
Data Loss Prevention Solutions
The technical safeguards in the CurrentWare suite allow state and local governments to deploy proactive data security measures that protect data in accordance with the needs of The Privacy Act, PIPEDA, and other regulatory frameworks.
Data Loss Prevention & Endpoint Security
CurrentWare’s endpoint DLP solution with critical peripheral device controls for protecting sensitive data against loss, theft, and unauthorized copying to USB devices.
- Custom Device Permissions: Assign read-only, no access, and full access for USB devices based on user, device, or organizational unit.
- USB Blocker: Prevent employees from using unauthorized devices that can be used to transmit ransomware and illicitly exfiltrate data.
- File Transfer Visibility: Alert administrators to suspicious file activity and maintain an auditable log of files that have been copied, created, and deleted on USB devices.
Employee Monitoring - Application & Internet Usage
CurrentWare’s computer monitoring software for tracking how employees and other users engage with technology in the workplace.
- Internet Usage Monitor Application and internet usage monitoring to maintain logs of computer activity and alert administrators to undesirable web activities.
- Screen Monitoring: View the screens of employees in real-time and remotely capture their contents.
- Auditable Monitoring Records: Maintain perpetual records of applications used, websites visited, bandwidth consumed, and keywords input into search engines.
Content Filtering - Application & Internet Control
CurrentWare’s application and internet control software to prevent access to content that is unsafe, inappropriate, and unproductive.
- Data Loss Prevention:Block access to websites and applications that put sensitive data at risk: unauthorized cloud storage, P2P file sharing platforms, and websites that are known to contain malware.
- Easily Blacklist Websites: Combine custom whitelists and blacklists with BrowseControl’s Category Filtering add-on to seamlessly block thousands of websites spanning across over 100 URL categories.
- Blocks Internet Access Block internet access entirely for the best internet protection on legacy systems.
Advanced Power Policy Management
CurrentWare’s energy management solution allows your small company to conserve energy, reduce costs, and help protect the environment – all from a centralized console.
- Patch Management: Advanced power policy controls provide the means for remotely restarting devices after deploying security updates.
- Cost Savings: Save on energy costs by scheduling devices to start up and shut down during specified time slots or by using enPowerManager’s integrated Wake-on-LAN features.
- Go Green: Reduce unnecessary computer power usage as a critical part of energy efficiency initiatives.
Data Loss Prevention Software for State and Local Government
Granular Policy Configurations: Onsite & Offsite
Granular configurations based on devices, users, workgroups, and Organizational Units (OU) from Active Directory allow governments to establish bespoke security policies that protect the data in their custody. Policy configurations can be extended offsite for mobile workers using laptops to access the network.
On-Site Data Storage
The CurrentWare suite operates entirely on-premises while maintaining the capabilities needed for managing and monitoring workers that are off-site. Keep employee monitoring data on-premises to ensure compliance with data residency requirements and reduce reliance on third-party support.
- Control who has access to employee monitoring data with on-site security and privileged access management.
- Use your existing cloud storage providers for secure off-site backups of monitoring data without the administrative overhead of vetting an additional third-party.
Employee Computer Activity Monitoring
Maintain auditable records of how employees interact with devices that are used to handle sensitive data. Real-time monitoring alerts notify designated personnel when employees attempt to use unauthorized USB devices on endpoints or transfer sensitive files to external storage devices.
Endpoint Data Loss Prevention Features for State and Local Government
Due to the rich volume of sensitive data they possess, government agencies are a top target for both cybercriminals and insider threats. The CurrentWare Suite provides robust endpoint security and data loss prevention features that protect financial data from insider threats.
- USB device control software for restricting data transfers to unauthorized USB devices.
- Enforce the exclusive use of authorized USB devices to ensure that data is not taken off-site on personal devices.
- Application controls prevent unauthorized users and devices from launching computer programs that are used to manage sensitive data.
Content filtering features allow administrators to manage the internet and application permissions of every managed user, device, and department with convenient centrally-managed whitelists and blacklists.
- Remove the threat of data exfiltration caused by P2P file-sharing websites and personal cloud storage use.
- Block websites that are known to contain malware and other unsuitable materials with BrowseControl’s continuously updated Category Filtering database.
- Prevent unauthorized users from accessing web portals and applications that are used to manage financial data.
Advantageous Pricing for State and Local Government
Federal and municipal agencies are forced to do more with less. CurrentWare’s data loss prevention and computer monitoring solutions are a cost-effective solution for protecting data without straining budgetary needs.
Government entities save 10% off any of the products in the CurrentWare Suite.
While the solutions in the CurrentWare suite can be purchased individually, the best value comes from purchasing the full suite.
Buy Once, Keep Forever
Perpetual licenses protect government devices without the burden of monthly fees and fixed-term software availability.
Each purchase comes with 1 year of support and free product upgrades, installation assistance, and on-demand technical support.
Volume-based licensing provides advantageous pricing for organizations that need to manage large quantities of devices.
How State and Local Governments Protect Sensitive Data
How To Protect Against Risky USB Devices
Any USB device - including seemingly innocent USB-powered lights and fans - can be secretly modified to give them data transmission and storage capabilities.
AccessPatrol protects sensitive data against rogue USB devices by giving IT security personnel full control over which devices are allowed or blocked on government devices. By only allowing whitelisted devices to be used on computers AccessPatrol proactively blocks unauthorized USB devices against exfiltrating data from endpoint devices.
- Personal Devices: With AccessPatrol you can ensure that your staff and contractors are not taking sensitive financial data home with them on their personal USB storage devices.
- Read-Only Access: Employees that charge their phones on company devices may inadvertently be transmitting malware. Configure read-only access to allow devices to be charged without transmitting data to systems that store sensitive data.
- Block File Extensions: Even whitelisted devices can be a potential data security risk if insider threats are mishandling data. Prevent your employees from transferring restricted file types to their devices with AccessPatrol’s file blocker.
- Encrypted USBs: Enforce the exclusive use of encrypted USB devices with AccessPatrol’s device whitelist. If you would like to implement BitLocker to encrypt data on a hard disk, AccessPatrol will continue to authenticate your encrypted devices and block unauthorized peripherals.
State and local governments need to develop an endpoint monitoring and management policy that protects the personally identifiable information (PII) of their citizens. State and local governments are constantly at risk of malicious and negligent insider threats causing devastating data breaches that leak sensitive data and compromise trust in government security.
AccessPatrol’s endpoint detection and response capabilities provide security teams with the features they need to effectively manage government security controls and protect the data of their citizens.
Enhanced File Transfer and Device Usage History
AccessPatrol’s endpoint detection and response features provide you with the detailed records and alerts you need to ensure that sensitive patient data is handled correctly. Protect sensitive EHRs by configuring AccessPatrol to alert HIPAA security officers and any member of their IT support team to suspicious activities on their network.
- Data Loss Prevention Reports for Digital Forensics Investigations In addition to real-time alerts, AccessPatrol can be configured to automatically generate and archive auditable DLP reports for use by investigators hired by State and Local Governments that serve as valuable pieces of electronic evidence for use by digital forensics detectives investigating the cause of a data breach.
- File Operations History Maintain evidence of any files that were copied, created, deleted, or renamed on USB devices. AccessPatrol’s file operations history reports document the actions taken, the date and time they occured, the file types interacted with, as well as the source and destination paths of all file operations.
- Allowed Devices History Review exactly how whitelisted devices are being used in your organization. These reports allow investigators to see the times and dates that the devices on the allowed list have been used on company computers.
- Allowed vs Denied History Inspect employee peripheral device usage history to identify attempts to use blocked or unapproved devices. AccessPatrol displays employee device usage history to show the sequence of device usage events leading up to the attempted connection of blocked devices.
- All Devices Accessed These detailed device usage history reports provide investigators with detailed device usage history reports that display a high-level overview of each and every peripheral device plugged into your endpoints.
- Real-Time Alerts In addition to collecting digital evidence, AccessPatrol can be used as an endpoint detection and response tool. AccessPatrol’s real-time email alerts immediately notify security teams of suspicious file transfers and unauthorized peripheral device usage in their network. Easily identify any employees that attempt to copy sensitive files to external storage devices, delete files on external hard drives, or connect unknown devices to their computers.
Manage Devices That Are Taken Off-site
Mobile devices pose a unique threat due to their reduced physical security. When laptops are taken off-site by employees you can rest assured that AccessPatrol’s endpoint security policies remain enforced without the need for an internet connection. Your managed devices will continue to enforce the existing endpoint security policies and any updates to your configurations will automatically synchronize with the CurrentWare server when they reconnect to your network.