Standalone: Installing the CurrentWare Server, Console and Client on the same computer.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to install CurrentWare on a single computer.
Installing the CurrentWare Console, Server and Solution
- Run the CurrentWare.exe
- Accept the terms in the License Agreement
- Select the Security Solutions you want to install.
- AccessPatrol: Block USB and external devices
- BrowseControl: Web Filter and Application Blocking
- Category Filtering: Add-on to BrowseControl to block millions of websites with one click
- BrowseReporter: Internet Activity Tracking
- enPowerManager: Remote Power Management
Installing the CurrentWare Client
- Run the cwClientSetup.exe setup file
- When prompted for the CurrentWare Server, put in the word loopback. This will make the Client connect to itself
- Finish the installation
Password Protect the CurrentWare Console
- Launch the CurrentWare Console
- Go to Tools > Operators
- Click on Add and add an operator with administrator role
- Once an administrator has been added, check the option “Enable Password Security”.
- The next time you launch the CurrentWare Console, it will ask you to enter the operator name and password.